So. Let's Talk Dress Up (PART 2)

100 Tauren Druid
Don't know where I should post my ideas, since there's no longer a "suggestions" thread, but hopefully they'll at least get read here.

1) Since DKs are currently going to be a little bit shafted in terms of old tier armor to choose from, perhaps the old pre-wrath warrior sets could be changed to be usable by warriors AND DKs. (similar to how the warglaives of azzinoth legendary was changed so that DKs can now use them)

2) If it's going to be possible to place tabards into void storage, fine, but please consider that to be only a temporary stop-gap, not a final resolution to the tabard-storage issue. The final version of tabard storage should be something akin to either the title drop-down menu or the pets / mounts tab. Void storage is slightly better than bank space, but it's not nearly as elegant of a solution as you guys are capable of making.

3) Please create a functionality on the armory site to display all transmogrifiable item models of a given type. We should be able to select "one handed axe" or "leather shoulders", and have it display page after page of relevant models (not just the stats or item tooltips, but the actual in-game models), along with brief notes on where they can be obtained.
Edited by Loupy on 8/23/2011 1:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Are there any plans to bring back the TBC craftable epic weapons and armor?

IE - Lionheart Executioner and Dragonstrike?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I know this may seem like a stupid question but say i have 2x 2h axes will i be able to make them look likes 2h swords?
Reply Quote
20 Worgen Rogue
08/23/2011 01:02 PMPosted by Alinadell
I know this may seem like a stupid question but say i have 2x 2h axes will i be able to make them look likes 2h swords?

Negative. Only Guns, Bows, and Crossbows are allowed to be changed from their weapon type. (No swords into axes or daggers into swords, it makes me a sad puppy.)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Posted by Alinadell

Negative. Only Guns, Bows, and Crossbows are allowed to be changed from their weapon type. (No swords into axes or daggers into swords, it makes me a sad puppy

Dang got Whitefin Axex2 but i just got Obsidian Edged Blade, Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood
Edited by Alinadell on 8/23/2011 1:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I'm sure that people have asked this numerous time but unfortunately I'm either retarded or too lazy to find an answer for someone's question. Will 4.3 include an enchant for 1hander weapons for the hunter class so I don't need to be stuck using a polearm/staff if I want to maximize my stats. I'm asking this because with the restrictions added it seems that I won't be able to transmo my maladath and ravencrest since I'm using a polearm for max stats. Why not add an enchant that gives us 70 agi per 1hand or something instead of being stuck with either 26 agi per weapon or a polearm.

Yeah, my grammar sucks, I just woke up. Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
08/23/2011 01:07 PMPosted by Roaracroft

Negative. Only Guns, Bows, and Crossbows are allowed to be changed from their weapon type. (No swords into axes or daggers into swords, it makes me a sad puppy.)

Meh.

Everyone will benefit from no longer having to hear the guns very obnoxiously loud gun sound effect. Makes me happy. I bet a lot of guilds will have a "If you're a hunter you must transmog your gun into either a bow or crossbow" rule after 4.3.
Reply Quote
20 Worgen Rogue

The gear also still has to have stats aside from armor on it. That means that there are a lot of white or grey items that might not be available initially when Transmogrification goes live.

Is any green text considered a stat? Like bonus armor or a proc?

Posted by Daxxarri:
2. I believe that an item with a proc, like a Hanzo Sword, would be eligible for Transmogrification.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2973016539?page=18#343
Edited by Roaracroft on 8/23/2011 1:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
08/23/2011 12:15 PMPosted by Numbfrost
He already said that FOR NOW offhand = offhand, mainhand = mainhand. This may change before release, or in the patches after. But for now expect your mainhands only transmoggable to mainhands.

I must have missed that post somewhere. Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Posted by Alinadell

Negative. Only Guns, Bows, and Crossbows are allowed to be changed from their weapon type. (No swords into axes or daggers into swords, it makes me a sad puppy

Dang got Whitefin Axex2 but i just got Obsidian Edged Blade, Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood

Now i have to start farming for Sword of the Bottomless Pit
Reply Quote
70 Undead Mage
Don't know where I should post my ideas, since there's no longer a "suggestions" thread, but hopefully they'll at least get read here.

1) Since DKs are currently going to be a little bit shafted in terms of old tier armor to choose from, perhaps the old pre-wrath warrior sets could be changed to be usable by warriors AND DKs. (similar to how the warglaives of azzinoth legendary was changed so that DKs can now use them)

2) If it's going to be possible to place tabards into void storage, fine, but please consider that to be only a temporary stop-gap, not a final resolution to the tabard-storage issue. The final version of tabard storage should be something akin to either the title drop-down menu or the pets / mounts tab. Void storage is slightly better than bank space, but it's not nearly as elegant of a solution as you guys are capable of making.

3) Please create a functionality on the armory site to display all transmogrifiable item models of a given type. We should be able to select "one handed axe" or "leather shoulders", and have it display page after page of relevant models (not just the stats or item tooltips, but the actual in-game models), along with brief notes on where they can be obtained.

1) There planning on finding a way to give you back your starter set, and you already have a 70 pvp set made for you thats the same as warrior.

2) I read somewhere that they didnt plan this on being there final destination for tabard storage, but I don't remember where I found it.

3) Umm the addon Atlas Loot, or Wowhead you can find amazing things, when I go searching I find TONS of other item in the comments and in the "Same Model As" Tab. =]
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Okay really silly and I'm sure this has been asked somewhere before, but can characters less than 85 do this?

Reply Quote
70 Undead Mage
08/23/2011 01:15 PMPosted by Cindyanne
Okay really silly and I'm sure this has been asked somewhere before, but can characters less than 85 do this?

Yep, they have stated you can even transmogg your heirlooms for alts leveling. But for items you mail they lose there transmogg effect. (So no using lvl 85 moggs on heirloom items for alts)

EDIT: This 70 twink (My main) and all the other 70 twinks would be causing a uproar if we couldn't join in the fun :P, I hope we can transmogg full Twill in the future, and I already got the PERFECT staff to mogg http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/28782 (Don't copy me :P)
Edited by Numbfrost on 8/23/2011 1:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Troll Shaman
Would you consider allowing fist weapons to be transmogrified in the same way bows/guns will be allowed to change weapon types to take advantage of racial bonuses? As it stands currently, due to mere graphical limitations, fist weapons are all MH or OH only. Meaning even if the same weapon drops twice, it's no good to you. You have to win the RNG lottery twice whenever the itemization team decides it's in the mood for fist weapons.
Edited by Kandrona on 8/23/2011 1:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Will I be able to transmog. a weapon to look like Benediction / Anathema and still have the ability to switch them between each other?
Edited by Keelanis on 8/23/2011 1:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
You should add on the first post that heirlooms can be transmogged. That was a big question in the last one.

08/22/2011 11:51 AMPosted by Daxxarri
That's still under discussion at the moment. Right now, Legendary weapons and Heirlooms probably won't be eligible, while some Bind on Account items probably will be eligible. It's not set in stone yet though.

I'd like to provide an update on this statement I made. It turns out that Heirlooms will be eligible targets for Transmogrification.

Also (and this applies to all Transmogrified items), trading, mailing, auctioning or depositing an item in a guild bank will remove the Transmogrified art, returning the item in question to its original artwork.

So, while you won't have to stare at the same old Heirlooms the whole time you're leveling, you won't be able to send a set of Heirlooms that have been Transmogrified with tier 13 art to your level 10 alt.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
I love this feature let me say that now.

I love the idea that I can take my DK back to looking like the DK that came out of the Starting Instant. That to me is Delicious.

I also have some White Items on other characters that I would love to use in the future as a Transmogrification set.

That Said thanks so much Blizz for the Extra storage and the ability to look awsome again.
Reply Quote
I want PvP whith "t6" is that possible?

Does anyone knwos wihich belt (waist) Highlord Tirion Fordring is using? Not t6. All armor looks like t6 but waist isn't.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
Leggings of Dying Candles on a warrior?
Reply Quote
Think its pretty cool to make your gear look like other tier gear and have the void storage. Why is it you guys go around what is needed and create something else? I have no use for it and wont use it. Sorry blizz! But i think it is more important to have more bank space so i can have more room for my professions. And thru out the many years i have been playing i have collected alot of cool fun things to enjoy in game. The personal banks are to small. But a void is created just for gear. We have a problem here!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]