So. Let's Talk Dress Up (PART 2)

90 Worgen Druid
Just re-posting:

Is Transmogrification linked to the slot, or the piece of gear?

For instance, if I transmogrify my heirloom helm to look like tier 1 helm, then at 85, I get a 346 helm and switch, will it look like my tier 1 helm or will it look like the new 346 until I re-transmogrify the new item? (AKA Are you binding the look to the equipment slot, or the specific piece of gear you currently have in that slot). And secondly.

If you have 1 One-Hand weapons, can you use that single weapon as a model for both of your dual wield weapons? Or do you need 2 of the "One-Hand" weapons in order to put it on both of your weapons. (Not referring to main hand or offhand only weapons, specifically one hand ones)
Reply Quote
I've had the Might set in my bags for ages...other than that some of the tier 10, and I'll definitely need to farm some old two-handed weapons - Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood would be awesome.
Reply Quote
It's supposed to be linked to the gear, and it'll show up on the item stats the same way reforging does.
Reply Quote
I'm so excited I can finally walk around with http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/69771 in my hands.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
[quote]As an aside, a lot of people have been asking about hiding shoulders, belts, etc. For now, it's looking pretty unlikely that we'll offer the option to hide anything aside from helm and cloak.

Does this also apply to weapon enchants? I hate landslide effect...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
08/23/2011 01:07 PMPosted by Roaracroft
I know this may seem like a stupid question but say i have 2x 2h axes will i be able to make them look likes 2h swords?

Negative. Only Guns, Bows, and Crossbows are allowed to be changed from their weapon type. (No swords into axes or daggers into swords, it makes me a sad puppy.)

I think that's pretty unfair. Why can hunter make their gun look like bows and I cant make my sword look like an axe.... Make no sense whatsoever.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
What I am wondering is if the armor class restriction will be strictly to plate -> plate Transmogrification. I am hoping that they will make it a bit more lenient and allow armor classes that your class used optimally at lower levels (such as war/paladins using mail before level 40 and mail -> plate mogging).

I kinda feel sad that i cant, since i actually have kept a set i liked that was mail and i was intending to use it, but since its plate to plate, i wont be able to :(
Edited by Lothaeryn on 8/23/2011 4:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Lol thats why i posted it, got 2 Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood but 2xWhitefin Axe want to be able to to do that
Edited by Alinadell on 8/23/2011 4:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Human Rogue
08/23/2011 02:07 PMPosted by Ivrae

Negative. Only Guns, Bows, and Crossbows are allowed to be changed from their weapon type. (No swords into axes or daggers into swords, it makes me a sad puppy.)

I think that's pretty unfair. Why can hunter make their gun look like bows and I cant make my sword look like an axe.... Make no sense whatsoever.

This has to do with guns being REALLY REALLY LOUD. More than anything I think. Also probably with the animations being interchangeable.
Reply Quote

This has to do with guns being REALLY REALLY LOUD. More than anything I think. Also probably with the animations being interchangeable.

Well most 2h animations are also interchangeable
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Lol thats why i posted it, got 2 Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood but 2xWhitefin Axe want to be able to to do that

You're lucky I fin the BWL 2h axe to be the best looking weapon in game. But I haz sword :(.
Reply Quote
At least i gotDragonbreath Hand Cannon for my gun,Maladath, Runed Blade of the Black Flight for my sword, Skullflame Shield for shield , plus full tier 2 for tanking set gonna look awsome
Reply Quote

You're lucky I fin the BWL 2h axe to be the best looking weapon in game. But I haz sword :(.

Thanks lol now i need to start farming for Draconic Avenger or Drake Talon Cleaver
Edited by Alinadell on 8/23/2011 4:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter

Yes but a melee weapons type has a direct effect on what you are dealing with. Bow/guns/crossbows are completely identical aside from aesthetics.
Reply Quote
64 Dwarf Paladin
I'm definitely going to do a tier 2 pally make over... Judgement armor is so sexy :D
Reply Quote
Also my bad got 1 Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood and 1 The Untamed Blade which in my opinion looks better
Reply Quote

Yes but a melee weapons type has a direct effect on what you are dealing with. Bow/guns/crossbows are completely identical aside from aesthetics.

Well unless im wrong bows, guns, and thrown are different animations, so would it really be that hard to do all 2h's together, and then 1h's excluding daggers, and staffs, and polearms
Edited by Alinadell on 8/23/2011 4:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
08/23/2011 04:29 PMPosted by Flatabala

What do you mean by direct effect on what you are dealing with?
Reply Quote
88 Worgen Death Knight
08/22/2011 07:14 PMPosted by Sheldorr
First, I really don't understand how you get a feeling that things can only be changed to look like tier. The only "restrictions" are that it has to have a stat other than armor, can't be legendary, and possibly can't be silly. How does only tier make the cut?

I can see where someone could come to this conclusion.

If you only started end game around mid wrath, then unless you want to mog the cata green and blue models (which most look disgusting imo) or ZA/ZG epics, then tier gear are the only good models you would have seen.

Sure there will be plenty of people who want to look different and go moggin greens, but I'm predicting my entire raid team to be raiding 4.3 in full t6 or t10.

On a side note, has there been any resto druids asking if they can mog their gear into old tree form?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]