So. Let's Talk Dress Up (PART 2)

85 Tauren Paladin
Any chance rules will be bent for low-level psuedo-sets such as Battleforge Armor, where the gear itself is generally created for plate wearing classes, but its mail due to the item level?

I bet transmoggin' will have a required level to use.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

The current say so is as long as the gear's the right material (IE Mail,Cloth,Plate) and not Silly looking like the frying pan Weapon, you're fine.

The gear also still has to have stats aside from armor on it. That means that there are a lot of white or grey items that might not be available initially when Transmogrification goes live.

As an aside, a lot of people have been asking about hiding shoulders, belts, etc. For now, it's looking pretty unlikely that we'll offer the option to hide anything aside from helm and cloak.

But with transmorgification we don't even need that option anymore.

Create a low level quest called the kings new shoulder armor. Quest gives model-less shoulder armor of all types. Presto, hide shoulders option =D

08/22/2011 07:01 PMPosted by Columbine

Please, no.

The armor in question has no stats so it cant be transmogged in the first place. Leave the low level stuff with stats please.
Edited by Celyndrashad on 8/22/2011 7:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Human Paladin
Any chance rules will be bent for low-level psuedo-sets such as Battleforge Armor, where the gear itself is generally created for plate wearing classes, but its mail due to the item level?

This too. I really, really want to be able to modify mail items. I had to wear them until level 40, so I should be able to wear the same skins now. :)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
It may just be me but I am disappointed with some of the restrictions that Transmogrification will bring to character customization. Pretty much from what I've learned of this upcoming feature is that its pretty much only intended to change your armor to look like one of the existing tiers of armor through the way blizzard advertised it.

What I don't understand is why go through all the trouble of creating such a complex feature when it is so limiting. Blizzard may as well just add a new button to the character selection screen where you can cycle though each tier of armor and say "Here's the twelve sets of armor your class can wear. Choose one." I don't know about you guys but I don't want to wear any of the tiers of armor. I want to take my time mixing and matching all the armor pieces the artists of blizzard took their time making until I find a unique look I like on my character. Part of the replayability in an MMO is that your character looks unique compared to most if not all of the other players in the MMO. I don't want to join a random raid or battleground only to find that half of the Deathknights in it are wearing the same tier10 armor as me. Right now your use to seeing people wearing tiers 11 and 12. It probably wont even be a month before you get use to seeing people wears the 12 different tiers of armor and be you'll be bored with transmogrification.

As far people making their characters look silly... Male Draenei on horses...Tauren Palidans....Worgen on mechanostrider... and people with silly names who make their characters look silly. Something looking "Silly is just an opinion I think I should be able to use a frying pan or wear a chef hat.

Blizzard I like the direction you going with the customization I just think yous guys look at the game from a developer perspective more then as a normal player.
Edited by Lawreince on 8/22/2011 7:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I hope transmogrification doesn't have an item level limit, I put together a nifty outfit using questing greens in 1-60 zones. Also can we change the colour of gear we currently have if we like the shape of it?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest

Well I certainly hope not I've based my entire 4.3 look around Sage's Cloth
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Is it really earthshattering, the scenario where a person might Transmog current gear into, say, a Twill look? With a shovel or pitchfork on their back, instead of a dragon-skull staff? This surely isn't keeping the WoW designers up at night, worrying that it will somehow negatively impact the play experience or 'tone' of the game...?

It's just something goofy to do. Most people who try it will probably get sick of it in a matter of days. There will be a select few who would enjoy indefinitely looking like a penniless stablehand while they're fireballing trolls in top-level raids. And if they want to, why not? I'd personally get a real kick out of seeing a high-level uber-mage sporting a frayed cloak and a bent staff.
Reply Quote
One thing I would like to know is if it will be possible to transmogrify Red Defias Mask.

I know it has no stats, but it is perfect for rogues and I want to use it.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
08/22/2011 07:05 PMPosted by Iililililili
Also can we change the colour of gear we currently have if we like the shape of it?

You'd have to find a different colored piece of gear with the same model.

08/22/2011 07:07 PMPosted by Grotling

There's some pieces with the same color that have stats:

Bloodwoven Mask
Outlander's Facewrap
Edited by Rankin on 8/22/2011 7:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
08/22/2011 07:05 PMPosted by Lawreince
It may just be me but I am disappointed with some of the restrictions that Transmogrification will bring to character customization. Pretty much from what I've learned of this upcoming feature is that you can pretty much only change your armor to look like one of the existing tiers of armor.

It's not limited to teir gear. It's only limited to non-joke items of your armor class/weapon type with stats. There's actually a lot of options, especially if you haven't done a lot of questing.

One thing I would like to know is if it will be possible to transmogrify Red Defias Mask.

It has no stats, so no. At least for the release.
Edited by Karat on 8/22/2011 7:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
92 Tauren Shaman
I am confused and I'm very fail at the search function.

Do you have to have the T1/2/3 w/e in your possession to transmogrify?

I will be sad if this is whats required since a few of my characters back in vanilla had some pieces and were sold long ago.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter

I asked the same question about the Scarlet mail set and the Bloodknight random mail pieces. Still no answer yet. :)

/sadface if we can't use such great sets as plate wearers.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
On my hunter, I'll get my (Helm Hidden), Scale Leggings of the Skirmisher Scorpid-Sting Mantle Stormpike Battle Tabard (Yes, I know, can't transmog those, but, I'd wear it directly) Shamblehide Chestguard Bloodstained Ravager Gauntlets Boots of the Outlander Recovered Scarlet Onslaught Cape with a Shivering Felspine and either Wolfslayer Sniper Rifle or Zod's Repeating Longbow
On my Warlock? (Helm Always Hidden); Furious Gladiator's Felweave Raiment Furious Gladiator's Felweave Trousers Furious Gladiator's Felweave Handguards Field Marshal's Dreadweave Shoulders Wrathful Gladiator's Cloak of Dominance
On my Paladin? JP Blues!
On this toon? Dunno yet.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
08/22/2011 06:50 PMPosted by Drogin
I had a question that might have been answered already but: Say I have 2 axes and I want to make them both look like for example wrathful gladiator cleavers or something does that mean I have to have 2 wrathful gladiator axes to do so?

You will only need one Wrathful Gladiator's Cleaver so long as the two axes you are currently wielding are both designated as "One-Hand".
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter
It may just be me but I am disappointed with some of the restrictions that Transmogrification will bring to character customization. Pretty much from what I've learned of this upcoming feature is that you can pretty much only change your armor to look like one of the existing tiers of armor.

What I don't understand is why go through all the trouble of creating such a complex feature when it is so limiting. Blizzard may as well just add a new button to the character selection screen where you can cycle though each tier of armor and say "Here's the twelve sets of armor your class can wear. Choose one." I don't know about you guys but I don't want to wear any of the tiers of armor. I want to take my time mixing and matching all the armor pieces the artists of blizzard took their time making until I find a unique look I like on my character. Part of the replayability in an MMO is that your character looks unique compared to most if not all of the other players in the MMO. I don't want to join a random raid or battleground only to find that half of the Deathknights in it are wearing the same tier10 armor as me. Right now your use to seeing people wearing tiers 11 and 12. It probably wont even be a month before you get use to seeing people wears the 12 different tiers of armor and be you'll be bored with transmogrification.

As far people making their characters look silly... Male Draenei on horses...Tauren Palidans....Worgen on mechanostrider... and people with silly names who make their characters look silly. Something looking "Silly is just an opinion I think I should be able to use a frying pan or wear a chef hat.

Blizzard I like the direction you going with the customization I just think yous guys look at the game from a developer perspective more then as a normal player.

First, I really don't understand how you get a feeling that things can only be changed to look like tier. The only "restrictions" are that it has to have a stat other than armor, can't be legendary, and possibly can't be silly. How does only tier make the cut?

Also, "What I don't understand is why go through all the trouble of creating such a complex feature when it is so limiting." It is so complex which is WHY they are restricting it so much for now. Instead of coming out with all the bells and whistles on it only to have it break once it goes live, they are being very timid in their release so as to be able to fix things that go wrong easier and faster. The rest of your rant no longer makes sense once you realize you are not restricted to tier and can mix and match pieces.

To everyone who says things are so restricted, please keep in mind that quite a few times Blizzard has stated that things are both not set in stone right now, therefore they can change at any time before release, and also that there is a good possibility of the restrictions being eased later on.
While I do think the legendary restriction is strange and I hope the possible "silly" restriction doesn't go through, there are still many varied choices for you to choose from so start with what you're allowed and see what happens a few months after the feature goes live. Once some kinks are worked out, they may take away some rules and make you all be able to get what you want. However, if they don't, just be happy you get some form of changing appearances imo.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter
I am confused and I'm very fail at the search function.

Do you have to have the T1/2/3 w/e in your possession to transmogrify?

I will be sad if this is whats required since a few of my characters back in vanilla had some pieces and were sold long ago.

If you want to use the skin of something, you must have it in your bags. If it is no longer available, you can't use it(for now). If you deleted it, you must re-farm it.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight

The current say so is as long as the gear's the right material (IE Mail,Cloth,Plate) and not Silly looking like the frying pan Weapon, you're fine.

The gear also still has to have stats aside from armor on it. That means that there are a lot of white or grey items that might not be available initially when Transmogrification goes live.

As an aside, a lot of people have been asking about hiding shoulders, belts, etc. For now, it's looking pretty unlikely that we'll offer the option to hide anything aside from helm and cloak.

As a tattooed/modified individual (2" lobes, 2 sleeves several other piercings) We need to be able to hide chest armor to show tattoos or have facial tattoos and stretched lobes like Siamat pls. I would like my toon to look more like myself ( no I don't want my orc having a jewfro too xD )
Edited by Awful on 8/22/2011 7:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
82 Dwarf Priest
Anything that i would have wanted to keep i drug off the screen years ago.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I know the feature is not restricted to only tier gear. I was just saying the way it was advertised made it appear as such. As a Deathknight I'm limited to plate gear only which is where I feel limited. My whole argument is that If I can wear a cloth piece why can't I Transmogrification to it.

I still sometimes wear Vile Fumigator's Mask in battlegrounds just for the appearance and pwn people.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]