So. Let's Talk Dress Up (PART 2)

94 Gnome Warlock
08/22/2011 06:40 PMPosted by Daxxarri
The gear also still has to have stats aside from armor on it. That means that there are a lot of white or grey items that might not be available initially when Transmogrification goes live.

While understanding the initial need for limitations such as type to type, and that a considerable part of it could be due to technical limitations as well as a "testing the waters" precaution, how likely will it be that classes such as Hunters, Warriors, and the like who change their armour priority mid-levelling will be able to use item models from one armour class down from their current "maximum"?
Edited by Bomdanil on 8/22/2011 7:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
There's some pieces with the same color that have stats:

Bloodwoven Mask
Outlander's Facewrap

Unfortunately, those are cloth so I don't think I can use those either.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight

To everyone who says things are so restricted, please keep in mind that quite a few times Blizzard has stated that things are both not set in stone right now, therefore they can change at any time before release, and also that there is a good possibility of the restrictions being eased later on.

This is why iI' bring it up now so that they can change it before its implemented =p
Edited by Lawreince on 8/22/2011 7:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter
08/22/2011 07:22 PMPosted by Lawreince
To everyone who says things are so restricted, please keep in mind that quite a few times Blizzard has stated that things are both not set in stone right now, therefore they can change at any time before release, and also that there is a good possibility of the restrictions being eased later on.

This is why iI' bring it up now so that they can change it before its implemented =p

Your issue is that "Pretty much from what I've learned of this upcoming feature is that its pretty much only intended to change your armor to look like one of the existing tiers of armor through the way blizzard advertised it."

Which is not true at all. You hope that they'll ease the restriction of only allowing tier to be chosen when that is not the case at all?
Yes, as a DK you are limited, but you still have plenty of choices. I fail to understand where you are coming from or what you hope they will change.
Reply Quote
I know the feature is not restricted to only tier gear. I was just saying the way it was advertised made it appear as such. As a Deathknight I'm limited to plate gear only which is where I feel limited. My whole argument is that If I can wear a cloth piece why can't I Transmogrification to it.

I still sometimes wear Vile Fumigator's Mask in battlegrounds just for the appearance and pwn people.

You still can, and can transmogrify stuff, but you'll have to transfer that cloth helm appearance onto another clot helm.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter
I know the feature is not restricted to only tier gear. I was just saying the way it was advertised made it appear as such. As a Deathknight I'm limited to plate gear only which is where I feel limited. My whole argument is that If I can wear a cloth piece why can't I Transmogrification to it.

I still sometimes wear Vile Fumigator's Mask in battlegrounds just for the appearance and pwn people.

You still can, and can transmogrify stuff, but you'll have to transfer that cloth helm appearance onto another clot helm.

I don't know if you can. It has no stats so this particular item might not be allowed. Do on use effects count as stats?
Reply Quote
94 Gnome Warlock
Also going to ask for a small clarification on the MH/OH transmogrifying.

Does an item have to actually be marked as a MH item, which was mostly a wielding restriction put on pre-TBC items and rarely used beyond it save for caster items, to receive these benefits or does it have to just be equipped in that spot? In other words, would 'mogging' something from a MH weapon make a 1H weapon wieldable in the main hand only?

If it is MH to MH only, rather than the second scenario, could the second scenario be presented to the devs as a means of allowing those changes while preventing any complications that might arise from the item art?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

The current say so is as long as the gear's the right material (IE Mail,Cloth,Plate) and not Silly looking like the frying pan Weapon, you're fine.

The gear also still has to have stats aside from armor on it. That means that there are a lot of white or grey items that might not be available initially when Transmogrification goes live.

As an aside, a lot of people have been asking about hiding shoulders, belts, etc. For now, it's looking pretty unlikely that we'll offer the option to hide anything aside from helm and cloak.

If you aren't going to let us hide belts and such, are you going to go back and make belts that properly match all the gear sets? Several sets are missing matching belts since Blizzard dropped 8 pc sets. This includes non-set gear done in the art style of sets.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
What's the reasoning behind not allowing people who own Legendary weapons to display them via transmogrification?
Reply Quote
The one thing that's been bothering me since the announcement of Transmogrification is that you have to have the old item you want to change your 'current' item to look like. I always love the the warrior T3 set, but it's impossible to get that now....

It just seems like you're shutting people out of options with this aspect of Transmogrification
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Rogue
08/22/2011 07:31 PMPosted by Artofwarr
What's the reasoning behind not allowing people who own Legendary weapons to display them via transmogrification?

How dare you!

No but seriously. We're just not allowed to kill new bosses with amazing weapons?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I've now completed my hunter's set
My paladin should be complete this weekend
My Death Knight has all of his except he needs to hit 80 for some bracers in Naxx
My priest has her first set. The second will come with level 80 and Naxx
My rogue needs to get to 80 for ToC and Naxx for her set
My warrior just needs shoulders from Ulduar
My druid needs to get up to 70 for some work in BC raids to get some of his pieces

Still totally psyched about the feature.
Reply Quote
94 Gnome Warlock
08/22/2011 07:31 PMPosted by Artofwarr

Zarhym said they're still discussing that and debating the merits since the items are iconic and extraordinarily rare. It may be allowed when the system actually launches when everything just ironed out.
Reply Quote
94 Gnome Warlock
The one thing that's been bothering me since the announcement of Transmogrification is that you have to have the old item you want to change your 'current' item to look like. I always love the the warrior T3 set, but it's impossible to get that now....

It just seems like you're shutting people out of options with this aspect of Transmogrification

THey've also said they want to bring back these sorts of sets on a legacy vendor of some sort, or that they're leaning towards doing such.
Edited by Bomdanil on 8/22/2011 7:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter

Cursed Vision of Sargeras was awesome for leather/mail/plate, despite being leather, and had a wicked graphic. I'd love to use that model again, even though it isn't plate. Ditto for the Crown of Destruction (for mail).

I'm rather concerned about this too; that simple blindfold is no doubt a slick piece of eyecandy. I figured they made it 'leather' so all melee classes could wear it, but if transmogrifying is limited by class armor... well that's going against its original intention. Not to mention it'd be very disappointing =(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
08/22/2011 07:26 PMPosted by Satine
This makes me very sad. There is a chestpiece out there that is invisible, you guys should create one for shoulders of each armor type.

That chestpiece makes my female worgen look downright barbaric. The Wowhead 3D model view glitches and removes the bra. It actually just makes the worgen look more like bestial werewolves instead of causing a O_O; awkward response.

I can only imagine how freakin' awesome that piece is for male worgen druids & rogues. Male NE druids can look appropriate to artwork and NE/BE rogues can really pull off the Demon Hunter look as well.
Edited by Faroth on 8/22/2011 7:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]