So. Let's Talk Dress Up (PART 2)

85 Blood Elf Death Knight

Your issue is that "Pretty much from what I've learned of this upcoming feature is that its pretty much only intended to change your armor to look like one of the existing tiers of armor through the way blizzard advertised it."

Which is not true at all. You hope that they'll ease the restriction of only allowing tier to be chosen when that is not the case at all?

you misunderstood. I'm saying that the feature was advertised as a way to change your armor to look like a tier of armor/ PVP sets with no real emphasis on using non armor set pieces.
Reply Quote

You still can, and can transmogrify stuff, but you'll have to transfer that cloth helm appearance onto another clot helm.

I don't know if you can. It has no stats so this particular item might not be allowed. Do on use effects count as stats?

I wear plate items though not cloth. If I wanted to transfer the appearance it would be to a plate item. But I cannot do this because of limitation.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
08/22/2011 07:40 PMPosted by Lawreince
you misunderstood. I'm saying that the feature was advertised as a way to change your armor to look like a tier of armor/ PVP sets with no real emphasis on using non armor set pieces.

You're upset about their advertising? Plus, did you miss the bit about the black mageweave?

You could even slip into the saucy tailored Black Mageweave set for that matter. You know, with the thigh highs, and the little gloves, and the cute little… ahem.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I'm starting to collect Intellect plate gear. Even pally tier 1 drops from MC. Can I still transmog my gear to look like that?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
08/22/2011 07:45 PMPosted by Wrongway
I'm starting to collect Intellect plate gear. Even pally tier 1 drops from MC. Can I still transmog my gear to look like that?
Some yes, some no. If you can wear it, yes. If its restricted to paladins, no.
Reply Quote
transmogrifying is limited by class armor... well that's going against its original intention.

I figured they made it 'leather' so all melee classes could wear it

Wasn't aware you were a Developer.
Edited by Milkros on 8/22/2011 7:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter
08/22/2011 07:45 PMPosted by Wrongway

The stats themselves do not matter. If you're a warrior and it's a plate piece(with no class restriction), you can use it.
Edited by Sheldorr on 8/22/2011 7:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
73 Blood Elf Paladin
Just wanted to share what I've come up with so far. I'm going for the barbarian healer look:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dunemaul/Csonka/advanced
Reply Quote
I'm still here with hopes that you will remove the type - type restriction.

If my character can wear any type of gear then why restrict it in transmog? I can understand for launch indeed. so here's hoping you'll remove the restriction in time. since the whole reason that I supported a feature like this was to be able to make a DK samurai :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm still here with hopes that you will remove the type - type restriction.

If my character can wear any type of gear then why restrict it in transmog?

Because it'd be a dirty, sneaky trick to 'mog your plate gear to look like cloth, and then go romping into a battleground, or anywhere in the contested areas on a PvP realm.

Which is - I'm pretty certain - the reason for the Like Type - Like Type restriction.

Of course, you can still *wear* all those other pieces any time you like, so no one's keeping you from sporting whatever look you feel like donning. You just can't use 'mogging as false advertising.
Reply Quote

You're upset about their advertising? Plus, did you miss the bit about the black mageweave?

lol no, im not upset or something. I using the way it was advertised in my criticism of how limiting the feature is.

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Daxxarri, I have a hunnter and would like to use a rogue t2 recolor (from BC dungeons). Is it possible to use leather items to skin onto my mail current gear?

Thanks!

Not at this moment, you can only mog mail as a hunter.

Also, I am ONE PIECE AWAY from finishing my set, but apparently killing Maloriak 12 times wasn't enough for my helm to drop.

According to the official information your class is irrelevant, the type of armor is what matters - naturally you'd still want to use an armor type that is optimal, however.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
08/22/2011 06:40 PMPosted by Daxxarri
As an aside, a lot of people have been asking about hiding shoulders, belts, etc. For now, it's looking pretty unlikely that we'll offer the option to hide anything aside from helm and cloak.

In the words of one Mr. L. H. Franzibald, "this is hardly ideal."
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Would it be possible to make an offhand for Fist of the Deity
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I still want to know if my gas mask will be up for Ap Tabbing!

If not I'd be heartbroken! :(
Reply Quote

i know how u feel =(
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter

It's cloth, it has an item level. From everything I've heard so far, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use it.

Having an item level is not the requirement, it's having a stat(and not falling under one of the other situational rules such as being a legendary). And as a blue stated earlier, armor is not considered a stat for this requirement.
Edited by Sheldorr on 8/22/2011 8:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]