So. Let's Talk Dress Up (PART 2)

90 Night Elf Druid
08/22/2011 11:51 AMPosted by Daxxarri
That's still under discussion at the moment. Right now, Legendary weapons and Heirlooms probably won't be eligible, while some Bind on Account items probably will be eligible. It's not set in stone yet though.

I'd like to provide an update on this statement I made. It turns out that Heirlooms will be eligible targets for Transmogrification.

Also (and this applies to all Transmogrified items), trading, mailing, auctioning or depositing an item in a guild bank will remove the Transmogrified art, returning the item in question to its original artwork.

So, while you won't have to stare at the same old Heirlooms the whole time you're leveling, you won't be able to send a set of Heirlooms that have been Transmogrified with tier 13 art to your level 10 alt.

just giving an example - can i transmog Repurposed Lava Dredger to use this Reclaimed Thunderstrike?

as a feral druid - we are stuck using a 2h mace as heirloom, which at present 2h maces are no longer designed to cater our spec

though i like to see the heirloom itself get fixed, i'll be happy enough if i can give it a more fitting outlook
Edited by Mewmon on 8/22/2011 10:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior

The current say so is as long as the gear's the right material (IE Mail,Cloth,Plate) and not Silly looking like the frying pan Weapon, you're fine.

The gear also still has to have stats aside from armor on it. That means that there are a lot of white or grey items that might not be available initially when Transmogrification goes live.

As an aside, a lot of people have been asking about hiding shoulders, belts, etc. For now, it's looking pretty unlikely that we'll offer the option to hide anything aside from helm and cloak.

Question about whites and greys. Is it a technical issue that prevents you from using those to reskin your armor and weapons? There are some really nice looking white and grey sets out there. They might be simple but many times that simplicity is what makes those designs really special.

I'm with a lot of people and think that WoW has enough silly stuff going on in it that a frying pan in the main hand and a fish in the other wouldn't be half as silly as 90% of this game... :D

As for the armor type. I can see Blizzard's point on this because you don't want some cloth wearer looking like a knight in shining armor. I believe however that you should allow DKs, Warriors, and Pallies to use mail under level 40, and hunters and shaman the ability to use leather under level 40.

For Legendaries, I say either let the Legendaries scale with level (starting with their minimum level obviously) or let us reskin our weapons to those! We farmed for them, so frankly we earn the right to use them and not just as a flashy show off vanity item in Org and SW.

I plan on going with these sets -
DPS - Might or Wrath.
Weapons:
Mace - Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros if Legendaries are allowed eventually otherwise Draconic Maul, or
Swords - The Untamed Blade, Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood
Axes - Draconic Avenger, Gorehowl, Shadow's Edge, or Dark Edge of Insanity.
Tank - Heroism w/ Draconian Deflector for the shield, one of the Dal'Rend's weapons for the weapon or if I get my hands on it.... Maladath, Runed Blade of the Black Flight.

Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
08/22/2011 06:40 PMPosted by Daxxarri
As an aside, a lot of people have been asking about hiding shoulders, belts, etc. For now, it's looking pretty unlikely that we'll offer the option to hide anything aside from helm and cloak.

How about show/hide Frock for Dresses?

As for talking dress up, I've always wanted to be Seebach, Archmage of Dalaran. I can safely say that my ensemble is complete for the most part, I'm just missing 2 pieces from it. Malefic Girdle and Boots of the Infernal Coven. Once I have those the set will be 100% complete.
Edited by Seebach on 8/22/2011 10:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I personally find it comical that you could hide your tabard in BC, when tabards didn't do anything for you (making the "Hide Tabard" option completely pointless), and then that ability was taken away when tabards that had actual game effects were introduced in WoLK, when "Hide Tabard" would've actually served some sort of purpose.
Reply Quote
Blah. Can't hide things, can't wear anything but plate still. That means no eyepatches, no harnesses, etc.

Too many limitations haha.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
My shoulders has eyes that move...... creepy.

Never want to hide them.
Reply Quote
08/22/2011 07:57 PMPosted by Kiorelle
Because it'd be a dirty, sneaky trick to 'mog your plate gear to look like cloth, and then go romping into a battleground, or anywhere in the contested areas on a PvP realm.

....I FREAKING hate you....so freaking much right now...it's not even funny...seriously

people like you disgust me...and it's why this feature is here to spite you because regardless i'll just:

hide helm
hide cloak
equip tabard to cover chest/partial legs
and roll a druid so I can add insult to injury by shapeshifting

comments like these make me hate PVP more then I already do (rolled in a pvp realm for realism since i know an ally and horde wont just cross paths and /wave)

nobody and I mean NOBODY with TRUE skill will need to see your gear at all, even at a distance...the ones that do want to know if you're the weakest one so they can target you specifically...which means they don't have true skill to begin.

the PVP excuse doesn't work and it has little going for it since I can hide mostly everything right now and nobody cares. people just want to judge others and now that their crutch is gonna get taken away they want to QQ up a storm...really sad
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I am very sad; I wanted a specific pair of gloves to match the Valorous set but look less silly than the folded-over model those gloves use. But I've already done the quest for them, which didn't get reset in Cataclysm. =(( /weeps bitter tears of bitterness

(Don't even get me started on Naxx-40 stuff... just...don't go there... ::cough Ashbringer cough:: )
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Rogue
I'm wearing my set for the most part, I love s10 shoulder and hat, with the S9 shirt and gloves. even when I upgrade my gear eventually THIS is the set I will use.

I'm really hoping blizz lets you Transmogrify daggers and fist weapons though. I've always been a fan of fist weaps, but had to use daggers for Sub/Mut specs. I'm told that guns/crossbows/bows are going to be interchangeable since theres not much variety. maybe they'll let us do the same with fists/daggers.

My current armor, with Cape of the black baron, and Creepjacker style fist weapons

got the whole Shredder thing going on

if not I'll probably snag myself a Perdition's blade and something else, keep the armor though
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Why can't we use white items? Most including myself read, "Sneaky death knights can’t make that breastplate look like a cloth robe", as "any cloth wearers can make their [Epic Spiky Item] look like a cloth robe". Most of the items that people would transform their gear into will change the appearance anyway, so why restrict it? One of the coolest items I wanted to use was the "Dark Embersilk Gown (also High Society Top Hat)", if the point of that wasn't Transmogrification then what was? I am just saying if you cant do one part of what would make it cool then why do it at all? Its going to change the appearance, why not let us decide what our gear can't be Transmogrificated into? Personally I think a Warrior that looks like hes in D1/2 caster gear(or bashing someone's face in with a staff, I recall a time that hunters best wep was a staff...) would be epic! Also, will it be permanent, like will we have to Transmogrificate a new piece of gear EVERY time we upgrade? Or will the process effect the slot?

PS. Imma get my old WOTLK mage gear, dem shoulders! Also, top hats! if applicable :( (granted they can give certain things "stats" but really why restrict it?)

PSS. Dont know why I bother, its not like anyone reads these anyway...
Edited by Fízban on 8/23/2011 2:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I DESPERATELY want to change my footwear (Footpads of the Fang). They aren't quite sandals and aren't quite boots. BLARGH
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
08/22/2011 11:16 PMPosted by Shadowcrazy
Because it'd be a dirty, sneaky trick to 'mog your plate gear to look like cloth, and then go romping into a battleground, or anywhere in the contested areas on a PvP realm.

Explain how its dirty or sneaky?

You can pretty much tell if someone is less geared than you/out gears you by health/amount of damage they take/and anythingelse like that.

I really would like to have a Cloth wearing Samurai Warrior named Jack if I so desired it.
Reply Quote
so currently there are a handful of weapon enchants that have an item level restriction. Will those enchants show up on transmogrified gear that has a unique look that didn't meet the level restriction?

ie: i have a gladiator's war staff that i use to transmogrify my vicious glad staff, and i put power torrent on it. will it show up? will it explode the game?
Edited by Eddie on 8/23/2011 12:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/23/2011 12:26 AMPosted by Seebach
I really would like to have a Cloth wearing Samurai Warrior named Jack if I so desired it.

you and me both man

/brofist
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
This may have already been answered but lets say for the sets that don't come with boots, bracers a belt etc. can we change our original belt into something that matches the set better or does it have to be part of the set?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid

The current say so is as long as the gear's the right material (IE Mail,Cloth,Plate) and not Silly looking like the frying pan Weapon, you're fine.

The gear also still has to have stats aside from armor on it. That means that there are a lot of white or grey items that might not be available initially when Transmogrification goes live.

Honestly, how can you offer the option to hide cloaks, but not shoulderpads?

The shoulderpads that have been added are getting bigger and bigger. Have you seen the shoulderpads of most class tiers on Night Elf Males? Their head is like half the height.

Anyway, a question I haven't seen answered: When you transmog, is it the slot, or the piece of armor?

As in, if I turn my Heirloom Shoulders into... Tier 1 shoulders I got doing a level 60 raid. Then I hit 80, and switch to a leveling shoulder, will it show the tier 1 shoulders, or the leveling shoulders?

And if you vendor a piece that you used to transmog the item to (tier 1 in the example), would the transmog break?

I'd like to provide an update on this statement I made. It turns out that Heirlooms will be eligible targets for Transmogrification.

Also (and this applies to all Transmogrified items), trading, mailing, auctioning or depositing an item in a guild bank will remove the Transmogrified art, returning the item in question to its original artwork.

So, while you won't have to stare at the same old Heirlooms the whole time you're leveling, you won't be able to send a set of Heirlooms that have been Transmogrified with tier 13 art to your level 10 alt.

just giving an example - can i transmog Repurposed Lava Dredger to use this Reclaimed Thunderstrike?

as a feral druid - we are stuck using a 2h mace as heirloom, which at present 2h maces are no longer designed to cater our spec

though i like to see the heirloom itself get fixed, i'll be happy enough if i can give it a more fitting outlook

No. No maces can be changed into Polearms. The only weapons that can be swapped between are guns, bows, and crossbows, because they are all classified as "Ranged".

The Mace doesn't have to be USEFUL for you to transmog to it. You can transmog an agility mace to look like a strength mace, it won't have any effect on the actual stats.
Edited by Liliani on 8/23/2011 1:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]