So. Let's Talk Dress Up (PART 2)

100 Night Elf Rogue
My question is: Will I be able to appear holding a two handed weapon, even though I'm holding a one hander and off hand?

nope.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter

The current say so is as long as the gear's the right material (IE Mail,Cloth,Plate) and not Silly looking like the frying pan Weapon, you're fine.

The gear also still has to have stats aside from armor on it. That means that there are a lot of white or grey items that might not be available initially when Transmogrification goes live.

As an aside, a lot of people have been asking about hiding shoulders, belts, etc. For now, it's looking pretty unlikely that we'll offer the option to hide anything aside from helm and cloak.

any plans on freeing up the restriction on the helm slot. This is one of the areas that have always been seen as a vanity slot. And it would be nice for RP or astetic reason to remove restriction from Mogging this slot.

and it would make things like the headless horsemens helm something everyone wants.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Ok my question is this, let's say I have a specific set up I want for my hunter. It's all mail- obviously, but one of the pieces is technically a shammy piece- even though it doesn't specifically say "shaman" on it (pair of leggings- one of the dress looking ones). Would my hunter be able to use that model?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Posted these before for anyone interested in looking at sets.

http://i.imgur.com/WNJ39.png
http://i.imgur.com/8Y8jR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Qlc1y.jpg
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
Ok my question is this, let's say I have a specific set up I want for my hunter. It's all mail- obviously, but one of the pieces is technically a shammy piece- even though it doesn't specifically say "shaman" on it (pair of leggings- one of the dress looking ones). Would my hunter be able to use that model?

Yes as long as it isn't limited by class.

08/23/2011 10:20 AMPosted by Thegayblade
Is any green text considered a stat? Like bonus armor or a proc?

I don't believe so, it has to add numbers to your stats, primary or secondary.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

The current say so is as long as the gear's the right material (IE Mail,Cloth,Plate) and not Silly looking like the frying pan Weapon, you're fine.

The gear also still has to have stats aside from armor on it. That means that there are a lot of white or grey items that might not be available initially when Transmogrification goes live.

As an aside, a lot of people have been asking about hiding shoulders, belts, etc. For now, it's looking pretty unlikely that we'll offer the option to hide anything aside from helm and cloak.

Does being a member of a set count as stats?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I tried to find a definitive answer but couldnt. If you have armor and weapons on you person that are no longer availiable in the game can you use those skins?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
08/23/2011 09:40 AMPosted by Graglor
and it would make things like the headless horsemens helm something everyone wants.

thats another think lol I have that helm on my hunter ffs, couldnt get it on my plate wearers /wrists wtb sending it to my war.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
08/23/2011 11:01 AMPosted by Zador
I tried to find a definitive answer but couldnt. If you have armor and weapons on you person that are no longer availiable in the game can you use those skins?

Yes, you can -- assuming they fulfill the other criteria for eligibility.

08/23/2011 07:09 AMPosted by Krieger
If I have a weapon that equips on the hip and I mog it to one that equips on the back, will it continue to equip on the hip (like the original) or will it switch to the back (like the one I used to mog with)?

The way a weapon sheathes is tied to its artwork, so the weapon will appear sheathed in whatever fashion the source item for Transmogrification did.
Edited by Daxxarri on 8/23/2011 12:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
08/23/2011 11:56 AMPosted by Daxxarri
The way a weapon sheathes is tied to its artwork, so the weapon will appear sheathed in whatever fashion the source item for Transmogrification did.

Along a similar but different vein (and one I've looked around for but haven't found a definitive answer on) can you change weapon-hand constraints when transmogrifying items? For example, can a one-hand (or off-hand) sword be made to look a main-hand sword?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
It's an idiotic feature, so I prob won't take advantage of it.
Reply Quote
70 Undead Mage
Ooo Daxx while your here, did you hear anything about the possiblity of making Twill Transmoggable (Ya I know not for 4.3, but 4.4? or 4.3.1?)

Twill #1
Reply Quote
70 Undead Mage
08/23/2011 12:08 PMPosted by Feandel

Along a similar but different vein (and one I've looked around for but haven't found a definitive answer on) can you change weapon-hand constraints when transmogrifying items? For example, can a one-hand (or off-hand) sword be made to look a main-hand sword?

He already said that FOR NOW offhand = offhand, mainhand = mainhand. This may change before release, or in the patches after. But for now expect your mainhands only transmoggable to mainhands.
Reply Quote
70 Undead Mage
08/23/2011 10:13 AMPosted by Jujubiju

Shhh they might think its "silly" and not allow it :P
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
what about vanity effects from the items we are transmoging from will they carry?

ex : Arcanite Ripper
Reply Quote
70 Undead Mage
what about vanity effects from the items we are transmoging from will they carry?

ex : Arcanite Ripper

Nope, not even enchants.

EDIT: It uses the enchant from the weapon you are really using, so you will have a enchant glow, but no use ability or enchants on the item your just using the model.

Hey Daxxarri,

I was wondering, if I had an item in the past but deleted it for space in my bank awhile back is said item still usable for Transmogrifying? Or however it's spelled.

Is there some kind of log for gear accumulated / equipped?

Nope, it sucks, but thats how it is.
EDIT: You can ask a GM nicely if you want to get back a Quest Reward, that you have done the quest for but are missing the item.
Edited by Numbfrost on 8/23/2011 12:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
20 Worgen Rogue
Here's a question: are armors like Sandrene's Invisible Vest banned for sillyness?
Reply Quote
70 Undead Mage
Here's a question: are armors like Sandrene's Invisible Vest banned for sillyness?

I'm not sure, we DO know the following: Items without stats are no. Cleavers, frying pans, bunny ears, and fish are no.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]