Feral Druid 1-shot macro?

3 Goblin Mage
So I decided to make a 1 shot macro for feral druids.

This is what I have so far:

#showtooltip
/castsequence Rake, Mangle(Cat Form), Shred, Rip, Shred, Shred, Ferocious Bite, Shred, Shred, Ferocious Bite

I just need help with 2 things:

-I want to be able to fit Tiger's Fury right after I use Rip, but the problem is that if I just add in Tiger's Fury there, it get's stuck on the Tiger's Fury command for until it get's off cooldown, which is wrong.
-I want to be able to make it automatically restart from the beginning after 17 seconds.

Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
You can't do either of those things. Blizz doesn't want you to stuff your entire rotation into one button.
For the Tiger's Fury, you can't account for procs in castsequence. It's part of the reason they're bad for dps.
You can reset, but reset only works 17 sec after the last time you activated the macro ie. after any step in the macro. Not 17 sec from the time you started the macro.
Edited by Sedivy on 8/22/2011 12:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
/castsequence macros are for the lazy. Putting Tiger's Fury in right after Rip should work the way you intended it to, just recheck your macro and make sure everything is in it's place, spacing, commas and all.

This is how your macro should look:

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=17,combat,target Rake, Mangle(Cat Form), Shred, Rip, Tiger's Fury, Shred, Shred, Ferocious Bite, Shred, Shred, Ferocious Bite

You can leave out the combat and target part so that it would be 'reset=17'. If you wanted to though you could set that macro to reset for the other 2 reasons also.
Edited by Locksley on 8/22/2011 12:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
3 Goblin Mage
I figured both thing's out, thanks anways.
Btw Sedivy you can make it so that you can have everything in one macro, i just did it
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Second time around it should stall on it unless you stuff enough spells by the end of the castsequence for it to have a chance to come off of cd (and since it's 30 sec long, that's unlikely in case of that macro).
Regardless, it's a terrible way to dps. You can't account for procs or combo points, timing with feral druid dps is everything and you can't change rotation mid-way, you cast slower cause you can't spell queue and generally long castsequences are buggy as hell.
But don't let me stop you. One button mash away...and wonder why your dps is like 5k in a heroic.
Edited by Sedivy on 8/22/2011 1:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I agree that this is not the way to DPS, however, it's also just being hateful and argumentative to say that he would pull only 5k DPS in a heroic. Those skills that he has in his 1 button lazymacro are the main DPS damage dealers. His damage is going to suffer due to overlapping Rakes and Rips, but in no way is his DPS going to be anywhere close to the low 5k. Even in full Scenario gear he'd pull at minimum 40k on a single target assuming hit/exp/crit/haste/mastery are all in their proper proportions.

@Nefarios: I truthfully would not rely on something like this unless your objective is just to run through with little to no effort for gear drops, in that case go for it, but please for the love of God do not use this in a raid where you are depended upon.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage
I agree that this is not the way to DPS, however, it's also just being hateful and argumentative to say that he would pull only 5k DPS in a heroic. Those skills that he has in his 1 button lazymacro are the main DPS damage dealers. His damage is going to suffer due to overlapping Rakes and Rips, but in no way is his DPS going to be anywhere close to the low 5k. Even in full Scenario gear he'd pull at minimum 40k on a single target assuming hit/exp/crit/haste/mastery are all in their proper proportions.

This thread is from early-mid Cataclysm. DPS numbers weren't as inflated as they are now, though I can't remember what was considered a "good" DPS then.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
WoW...... go me for not looking at the date.... +1 Scrub Patrol / -1 Shiftamon
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]