What is GDKP?
- GDKP stands for "Gold-DKP". It can also be known by similar names such as "Gold runs", "GKP runs", "Cash runs".
- Items which drop in your run are auctioned off in raid chat. The highest bidder receives the item and the gold they pay is added to "The Pot"
- Profession Patterns, BOE's, Embers, Disenchanted Shards etc are all auctioned off in this manner as well. Everything that drops.
- "The Pot" keeps growing in value until the end of the run
- "The Pot" is split evenly at the end of the run to all 25 players in the raid present when the final boss dies. Everyone gets an equal share.
- There is no mainspec > offspec priority, its gold which determines who gets what.
All items of value (Epics, BOE's, Enchant mats, Orbs) that drop will be auctioned off to the highest bidder. The combined Gold Pot from all Auction Sales will be split evenly 25-ways to everyone at the end of the raid.
Raid members will only receive their share of the gold pot if they are present in the raid when the final boss dies, no exceptions. You forfeit your share of the Pot if you have to leave early or need to be replaced. You may be replaced if:
- You AFK for more than 5 minutes without informing the Raid Leader
- You DC for more than 5 minutes
- Your Raid Performance is terrible, Eg: You don't listen to Raid Leader's instructions, DPS is terrible for your level of gear, you repeatedly die to raid mechanics, etc.
All Auctions and Bids will be in public raid chat. Items have minimum bids, but no maximum bid. No private tells for bids are accepted. No loot is reserved. There is no extra loot/gold for the raid leader.
The quest item(s) for the Legendary Staff quest will all go to the same person with only one bid round per raid (if you pay for the item from Shannox, you get the items from all the bosses). This rule is for each level of quest item, unless there is only one person on that step of the quest.
Who is eligible to attend?
We are looking for two types of people for this run: people who have gear and want gold, and people who have a lot gold and want gear. Both types of people will have to be evaluated by a gear and experience check. In you fall within the first category, you must have the experience (6/7 normal mode) and equivelant gear (at least i370) to perform in the raid. If you fall into the second category, you must have at least 3/7 experience, at least 30kg available to spend and minimum ilevel 360. The number of players from the second category will be limited each week.
Why does this benefit me?
Because it's fun! This is a great opportunity to gear up your alt, get that one item you've always wanted or just earn some gold. You can get gear for your main spec, offspec or professional patterns without any restrictions of MS>OS. Also remember that 25 man raids drop significantly more items than 10 man raids.
How successful will this be?
GDKP runs generally attract geared players who don't need the gear, but run the instance for profit. In addition, performance is in everyone's personal financial interest because if they play poorly, they will be replaced. The pot is only distributed at the end of the raid, so anyone leaving early or being replaced will not receive a cut. Finding replacements should not be difficult, even if there's only one boss left.
This will be led by Pure members who all have 6/7 heroic 25 man experience, and all the geared players will be required to have 6/7 normal experience to attend. Realistically, we don't expect the first few runs to go beyond 3-5 bosses, but if better players attend there is no reason why we can't sell 6 or 7 bosses within a few weeks.
How do I know the pot won't be stolen by the leader?
There will be typed agreement at the beginning of the raid. If the pot would be stolen by anyone, a GM can intervene and split the gold among the players who were there.
When will this GDKP run be held?
Invites go out at 6:45pm PST on Sunday. The raid will not be more than 4 hours long. No matter where we are in the zone, it will end at 11pm PST. Any early endings are determined by the leadership.
I'm sold. Where do I sign up?
Please visit our guild website www.pureraiders.com and create a forum account. On the post on our general forums, please link the armory of the character you wish to bring. You are welcome to message us in game if we are advertising before the raid, but all spots are on a first come, first serve basis so it is to your benefit that you sign up on our forums at least 24 hours prior to raid time.
Hope to hear from you! If you have any questions, please feel free to PM Kurplunk in game or on Pure's forums. Thanks! :)