Firelands GDKP!

90 Night Elf Druid
Greetings Antonidas! <Pure> will be hosting a 25 man Firelands GDKP run!

What is GDKP?
- GDKP stands for "Gold-DKP". It can also be known by similar names such as "Gold runs", "GKP runs", "Cash runs".
- Items which drop in your run are auctioned off in raid chat. The highest bidder receives the item and the gold they pay is added to "The Pot"
- Profession Patterns, BOE's, Embers, Disenchanted Shards etc are all auctioned off in this manner as well. Everything that drops.
- "The Pot" keeps growing in value until the end of the run
- "The Pot" is split evenly at the end of the run to all 25 players in the raid present when the final boss dies. Everyone gets an equal share.
- There is no mainspec > offspec priority, its gold which determines who gets what.

The Rules
All items of value (Epics, BOE's, Enchant mats, Orbs) that drop will be auctioned off to the highest bidder. The combined Gold Pot from all Auction Sales will be split evenly 25-ways to everyone at the end of the raid.

Raid members will only receive their share of the gold pot if they are present in the raid when the final boss dies, no exceptions. You forfeit your share of the Pot if you have to leave early or need to be replaced. You may be replaced if:
- You AFK for more than 5 minutes without informing the Raid Leader
- You DC for more than 5 minutes
- Your Raid Performance is terrible, Eg: You don't listen to Raid Leader's instructions, DPS is terrible for your level of gear, you repeatedly die to raid mechanics, etc.

All Auctions and Bids will be in public raid chat. Items have minimum bids, but no maximum bid. No private tells for bids are accepted. No loot is reserved. There is no extra loot/gold for the raid leader.

The quest item(s) for the Legendary Staff quest will all go to the same person with only one bid round per raid (if you pay for the item from Shannox, you get the items from all the bosses). This rule is for each level of quest item, unless there is only one person on that step of the quest.

Who is eligible to attend?
We are looking for two types of people for this run: people who have gear and want gold, and people who have a lot gold and want gear. Both types of people will have to be evaluated by a gear and experience check. In you fall within the first category, you must have the experience (6/7 normal mode) and equivelant gear (at least i370) to perform in the raid. If you fall into the second category, you must have at least 3/7 experience, at least 30kg available to spend and minimum ilevel 360. The number of players from the second category will be limited each week.

Why does this benefit me?
Because it's fun! This is a great opportunity to gear up your alt, get that one item you've always wanted or just earn some gold. You can get gear for your main spec, offspec or professional patterns without any restrictions of MS>OS. Also remember that 25 man raids drop significantly more items than 10 man raids.

How successful will this be?
GDKP runs generally attract geared players who don't need the gear, but run the instance for profit. In addition, performance is in everyone's personal financial interest because if they play poorly, they will be replaced. The pot is only distributed at the end of the raid, so anyone leaving early or being replaced will not receive a cut. Finding replacements should not be difficult, even if there's only one boss left.

This will be led by Pure members who all have 6/7 heroic 25 man experience, and all the geared players will be required to have 6/7 normal experience to attend. Realistically, we don't expect the first few runs to go beyond 3-5 bosses, but if better players attend there is no reason why we can't sell 6 or 7 bosses within a few weeks.

How do I know the pot won't be stolen by the leader?
There will be typed agreement at the beginning of the raid. If the pot would be stolen by anyone, a GM can intervene and split the gold among the players who were there.

When will this GDKP run be held?
Invites go out at 6:45pm PST on Sunday. The raid will not be more than 4 hours long. No matter where we are in the zone, it will end at 11pm PST. Any early endings are determined by the leadership.

I'm sold. Where do I sign up?
Please visit our guild website www.pureraiders.com and create a forum account. On the post on our general forums, please link the armory of the character you wish to bring. You are welcome to message us in game if we are advertising before the raid, but all spots are on a first come, first serve basis so it is to your benefit that you sign up on our forums at least 24 hours prior to raid time.

Hope to hear from you! If you have any questions, please feel free to PM Kurplunk in game or on Pure's forums. Thanks! :)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
ZOMG i missed this runs made so much gold on ol icc25 runs even gearin alts was easier.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
A question from one of our members is if the qualification criteria (outside iLevel) can be met on a person's main and they bring an appropriately geared alt, based on the credentials of the main character? Obviously most mains that are 6/7 are typically saved to guild runs.

Wish you guys the best of luck getting this rolling.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The experience can be on any character. The minimum ilevel of any character invited is still 360, regardless of their main. In addition, any dps character will have to do comparable damage for their gear level.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Best of luck to you in getting this running. I would love to help out but its alittle late for me, not to mention Manstus would probably kill me if I bailed on our raids for this one ;P.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
I'm so up for this but are there going to be any waffles?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Wafflez*
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Waffles are nerfed pancakes. They are for breakfast eaters who have poor syrup distribution skills.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
08/23/2011 06:30 PMPosted by Muneyus
Waffles are nerfed pancakes. They are for breakfast eaters who have poor syrup distribution skills.

Lies! How dare you speak nonsense.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Need more interest! Tell your rich friends :)
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Need mages.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Still looking for some more DPS for this week.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
08/23/2011 09:51 PMPosted by Sudden

Lies! How dare you speak nonsense.

Tis not nonsense muny brings up a valid point and there just absolutely amazing!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Need 2 MDPS and 2 RPDS to fill out the roster. Currently no mages.

Also, it is possible to embed bacon into a waffle. However, just because they can contain epic loot, this does not change the nerfed status of the waffle.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
SUDDEN IS HUMAN
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
@Muneyus: If a waffle is a nerfed pancake, what is a crepe?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
08/28/2011 03:05 PMPosted by Risu
@Muneyus: If a waffle is a nerfed pancake, what is a crepe?

/blush
What are you doing later tonight?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
1st run was full and went 4/7.

Over 220,000 pot split among the raiders.

Living embers going for 10k, and some pieces went out for minimum bid of 5k. Several epic embers went to Solar for his legendary.

Also a few BoE items went out for well below what you can get on AH, so overall it was a great run for people getting loot and coinage.

We can always use extra people who would like to be on the list. Post on our forums if you want to be considered for the group.
Reply Quote
What was the problem with the clear, time?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
Started a fair bit late, people understanding different roles than their mains. All in all was pretty good and should get better.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]