Do you want raid?

85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I want to know how many of you people out there are looking to start raiding current raid content?

I was reading reply's on another post and it hit me there are tons of guilds looking for people who want to raid and have gotten to the point of thinking that there just isn't anyone out there, well in this thread I read that a lot of people are wanting to get into raiding but just don't think that they are good enough to raid or no one will teach them.

I want to see how many people on this realm are in this same boat, where they are either in a guild with friends or just think that they are stuck in a guild and don't think that they will ever make it in to raid content
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
My guild in the same boat we want to raid but just to many alliance guilds on are server that cant get the people like we use too. Thats why I think we need some kind of guild alliance system so people that dont want to leave there guilds can alliance up with others to get raiding done.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I think it's more of most people want to go to the raid and finish it without headaches. My 10 man group has had to reform twice now since firelands came out. A lot of the newer people we fill the gaps with need to be given a sec to see the fight firsthand, which slows down our progression as a whole. It's annoying to know that u will wipe a few times just so they get an idea on what they need to do.

I've been offered a spot on other teams that have progressed farther, but so far i have declined. The whole thing is i have to leave my current guild and join theirs just for the chance at their open raid spot.

Finding raiders have been not easy at best. Nobody really wants to leave their guild pals in the dust unless they are complete jerks.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
09/09/2011 02:07 PMPosted by Shadowearth
I think it's more of most people want to go to the raid and finish it without headaches. My 10 man group has had to reform twice now since firelands came out. A lot of the newer people we fill the gaps with need to be given a sec to see the fight firsthand, which slows down our progression as a whole. It's annoying to know that u will wipe a few times just so they get an idea on what they need to do.

This is exactly why we went back to 25 mans. We were running 3 10 man groups so when 1 tank took a break we had everyone else in that group sitting around while the rest of the guild killed stuff. 25 mans are definitely harder than 10s when you are learning the fights but they give you the chance to sub in 2 newbies on a farm boss and still get a kill as opposed to 10s where 1 guy dying to a tornado means a wipe. Plus, 25 man's actually feel like a raid instead of a UBRS run.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
So we can agree that the 10/25 lock system killed raiding essentially?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
i don't know about that considering the amount of alts people tend to have. think about running 3 different toons for a total of 6 raids that could last anywhere from 2-4 hrs each. that is just asking for people to get burned out like back in wraith.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]