Multi Boxer problem

90 Blood Elf Mage
Here is my response to a ticket involving multi boxers who clearly use third party addons or hacks.

"Greetings,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us regarding your concerns over a few multiboxers. While you may find it annoying to face them, multiboxing is not now nor has it ever been against our rules and considered cheating. Multiboxing takes a great deal of skill and clever use of macros to operate and control more than one character at a time. As long as the system isn’t being run by bots, it’s one hundred percent legit.

If you feel you need further assistance with this particular issue, please mark "Need More Help". We'll try to assist you further as quickly as we can.

Thank you again for contacting us. We hope you continue to enjoy your experience in World of Warcraft!

Regards,

Game Master Bashigin
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support"

I call Shenanagans on Blizz if you want the money from the five accounts just say so and move on but don't lie to my face about macro BS, TYVM.
Reply Quote
lol try it on a few trial accounts. Being a terrible multiboxer is easy. Being a good one takes awhile to setup the macros and what not. But please enlighten me on what "Haxors" multiboxers use.
Reply Quote
I've multiboxed before, it is not now, nor has it ever been, easy. Anyone can be terrible at multi-boxing, to actually correctly control 5 different characters, especially if they're different classes, is difficult. People think multiboxing is easy because they imagine that they push 1 button and all 5 characters attack... NOPE! Doesn't work that way. Oh, and when someone fears and your five different characters are now in five different places, and you need to move them all?

Good luck.

Multiboxing is not against the TOU because it doesn't provide any advantage. If someone multiboxes, they are ALWAYS at a disadvantage against 5 players working together. They can't react as fast, they can't move as well, they can't split up and move independently as easily, and they are straining more of their mental capacity on controlling their toons that could be spent on decision making.

I would suggest you really take some time and learn before accusing multiboxers of hacks. If you get beaten by someone who is doing this, you really need to look at why 5 heads can't do better than 1... because right now it sounds more like sour g%*%!s.
<3 Truth
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
http://isboxer.com/?gclid=CLajpqWe36oCFYYUKgodzVDB-A
http://www.pwnboxer.com/?hop=sercav
http://www.dual-boxing.com/wiki/index.php/Software

Just a few, when I am stealthed and watch all 5 toons swap formations in preset patterns I have a feeling these are not macros. But hey he's paying 75 bucks a month so I guess its OK. And all you above that have multiboxed get a life, I know as a WoW player myself I don't have much room to talk but Jesus Christ go on a date, take a walk, go to a baseball game do something just get out of your basement and see the sun I feel pretty bad for you guys.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Obviously you guys are not understanding what he is posting. The alliance multiboxer in TB today was clearly using an external botting program to controll the movements and actions of his 4 additional toons.
Reply Quote
http://isboxer.com/?gclid=CLajpqWe36oCFYYUKgodzVDB-A
http://www.pwnboxer.com/?hop=sercav
http://www.dual-boxing.com/wiki/index.php/Software

Just a few, when I am stealthed and watch all 5 toons swap formations in preset patterns I have a feeling these are not macros. But hey he's paying 75 bucks a month so I guess its OK. And all you above that have multiboxed get a life, I know as a WoW player myself I don't have much room to talk but Jesus Christ go on a date, take a walk, go to a baseball game do something just get out of your basement and see the sun I feel pretty bad for you guys.
Actually I don't have much of a life lulz. Made the deans list this last semester and all during a summer semester, plus I love QQ about multiboxers it makes you feel like you're a good one when people cry :). But really your ignorance is showing. If you've done any research the "Preset formation" Are just manipulations of the strafe keys (Or if you're talking about switching toons then FTL does that all with WoW Macros) Which really isn't botting in any sense. I can do the same thing pretty much with 5 keyboard receivers or a KVM switch. Software boxing is just cheaper (In a relative sense). Botting 5 characters would be completely devastating. Multiboxing just makes it slightly above the random 5 PuG players.

edit: Unless in large scale PvP which is way most MBers go into AV or TB and what not.
Edited by Actæon on 8/21/2011 5:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
This thread is new and exciting.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Ran into a mage multi boxer in TB. Owned his !@#. You you have to do is see which one is the leader of the pack. You run through him and kill the main first sometimes by doing so it messed up his formation because he cant turn them all the right direction at times.

Havent fought other multi-box classes but that mage was pissssed. He came to his Allie toon to cuss me out. Oh well.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Pasta power w/ the 6 druids... where did that dude go? Some dude a while back with 5 enhances and another with 8 hunters. The multi boxer used to make TB interesting.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Hunter
I have never understood complaining about multi-boxers. The only advantage they have is that they know how to focus down one person at a time. Sadly, it's all they know, so they are easy to take apart. A little coordination between 3 people will get you 5 kills every time.

And honestly...they spend more money playing WoW so they have no life, live in a basement and are to be pitied? I laugh everytime I see someone who bought one of the horrible Blizzard Store mounts, but I don't consider them to any better or worse than anyone else. If it makes them happy then they are playing the game right. I guarantee a multi-boxer is having fun, and that would seem to be the point of playing a video game. (Unless you are one of the gamers who ties your self-esteem to your pixels...)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Ya know.. Im tired of hearing from blizz and jerks like this guy that multiboxing is so difficult and making excuses for it being legitimate. How in the hell are we supposed to react when we are in strand of the ancients and a sham multboxer is chainlighting all the vehicles down in one shot.. not to mention all of us. If they have heals on them it is nearly impossible to kill them since they one shot everything. Dont tell us that we are QQing..allowing them in bgs can completely ruin our game.. it is pathetic that blizz allows this, and obviously is not taking the majority players into consideration by legitimizing this form of cheating . They are probably all multiboxing themselves.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
The toons are not botting, they are still played by the same toon. If someone wants to play that way more power to them. Multi-boxers exist on all servers and almost all MMOs.

If you are going to cry about them come to KJ we have a person who boxes 50 accounts.

(I've seen a lot of Multi-boxers who play LESS then a normal WoW player).

P.S.: It is not against the rules because you are still controlling all the accounts and not just having /follow on. If they were doing /follow on one account and say running them around on another account it would be against the rules. Or at least it was like the in vanilla.

P.S.S. I ♥ you Actæon, miss you buddy~ ♥♥♥
Edited by Kitcaliber on 4/10/2012 1:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
D: I miss you too. You need to get your meepin' self over here. <3 My dk's are slowly climbing to 85 :D
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
D: I miss you too. You need to get your meepin' self over here. <3 My dk's are slowly climbing to 85 :D

You can do it~♥
Reply Quote

You can do it~♥
I'll need you to carry me in arena though thx <3 :3 also the dude on your server. Doesn't happen to be a guy named prepared?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
D: I miss you too. You need to get your meepin' self over here. <3 My dk's are slowly climbing to 85 :D You can do it~♥

I'll need you to carry me in arena though thx <3 :3 also the dude on your server. Doesn't happen to be a guy named prepared?

The 50 boxer? Nah, he is http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/kiljaeden/Bring_Alliance_Death/?character=ablueone
Reply Quote
D: I miss you too. You need to get your meepin' self over here. <3 My dk's are slowly climbing to 85 :D You can do it~♥

The 50 boxer? Nah, he is http,//us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/kiljaeden/Bring_Alliance_Death/?character=ablueone
If he moved from Aegywn or whatever the name is then I believe it's him haha. Otherwise there is two 50 boxers in WoW. Which is insane haha.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter

I'll need you to carry me in arena though thx <3 :3 also the dude on your server. Doesn't happen to be a guy named prepared? The 50 boxer? Nah, he is http,//us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/kiljaeden/Bring_Alliance_Death/?character=ablueone

If he moved from Aegywn or whatever the name is then I believe it's him haha. Otherwise there is two 50 boxers in WoW. Which is insane haha.

I don't know if he did. But I can ask him, lol.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]