Need a bikini? I've got you un-covered!
Saying its all about some sexual problems is just unreal. The most skimpy looking gear i have ever seen was done by a girl. She didnt get any sort of pleasure from it she just wanted it to feel that way.
11/19/2012 10:28 PMPosted by DracovNow if a man is comfortable with his sexuality is it okay for him to walk around in booty shorts with no shirt on?
Sure! I've never had an issue with a man not wearing a shirt. There are times I wish ladies could get away with it too at places like the pool or beach. I hate tan lines. :) In America we have this weird obsession with breasts that makes it taboo for them to be uncovered. Heck, a woman breastfeeding her baby is considered offensive! In many cultures breasts have nothing to do with sex or anything, they're just there to feed babies. :)
And what are your thoughts on say, a young man playing a Night Elf/Draenai (imo the two most 'sensual' races in game) and intentionally dressing said character in the most revealing gear possible? You can say all day that it is their character, their money, and their decision, but does it truly not disturb you in the slighest?
This is trickier. In games like this one where the men are just soooo ugly and overly buff and stuff, I'm not sure I can blame a guy for wanting to play the better look toon. However, I have always been torn on the skimpy gear. If they're going to play a girl because the men are so atrocious, they'd might as well go a step further and make them aesthetically pleasing. If it's solely so they can get aroused by looking at their toon, and not just a "hey, she looks nice this way" then yes, I think that's a little weird.
Keep in mind also that skimpy does not necessarily equal sexually arousing for all people (though I would argue it does for most). There are plenty of people who prefer a girl or toon who leaves more to the imagination. So if a man playing a female dresses his toon in a pretty dress, is that any worse than dressing her scantily?
11/19/2012 10:44 PMPosted by RaeynynnKeep in mind also that skimpy does not necessarily equal sexually arousing for all people (though I would argue it does for most). There are plenty of people who prefer a girl or toon who leaves more to the imagination. So if a man playing a female dresses his toon in a pretty dress, is that any worse than dressing her scantily?
As an example of the first, I dress most of my characters skimpy because they look hilarious fighting in so little armor.
Not because I'm particularly attracted to them.
You appear to lean towards a more fantastical style of storytelling though that is greatly detached from any sense of realism in that a character can effectively function despite lack of armor due to their prowess. It reminds me of the lore behind Lelith Hesperax of Warhammer 40,000 who is scantily clad to the extreme, but slaughters opponents with ease due to her blinding speed and unparalled skill. Her lack of armor serves to mock her opponents and their failure to lay a hand upon her.
Well, that is how I like my WoW. Physics and realism don't play a large part in my gaming experience.
I'll also take a dose of scantily-clad in my movies, but in literature, I prefer a more realistic approach, oddly enough. As much realism as one can apply to high fantasy, that is. ;)
This would fall more into the category of ingame trolling though.
Nothing is funnier than watching a bikini clad gnome warrior with pink pigtails and bunny ears wielding a pair of sword double her mass slaughter massive Orcs and Tauren with ease.
As primary Horde player I can attest to the fact that being on the receiving end of that is very grating.
Yes. I have to question why someone would put forth great effort into creating erotica. It is illogical. You have access to real thing or images/video of the real thing. Why do you require an artificial construct to fulfill your desires?
1. Using the real thing may be considered personally demeaning. Many quite progressive feminists hold this view, as do those who quite simply hold the following opinion: that erotica without emotion is demeaning. With an artificial construct there is no person there to demean in the first place.
2. Fear of exploitation. Using a construct avoids the shady industry. Not all erotic actors are there out of pure choice; some have been forced there by economic or social reasons, as a form of desperation. It's difficult to tell who is there because they want to be, and who is there because they were forced by economic or social factors. To perpetuate the industry is to take advantage of those who are not there willingly, unless you happen to know that the actors are there of their own free will.
3. Using a construct allows different creative forms, that are generally not encountered in real life. I don't think I need to elaborate. (This conversation is pushing the limits of a T rated forum in the first place, and I'd rather not cross it.)
4. Using a construct allows one to be free of the action of objectifying another human being, which some consider morally repugnant in a non-puritanical fashion. Instead you are objectifying an object, which carries no moral connotation.
5. Others may have other reasons.
I think those are all fairly logical reasons to use constructs instead of the real thing.
11/19/2012 10:31 PMPosted by LullBut it doesn't have the same sort of appeal to me that you keep referring to, I appreciate it as a piece of art.
Lull, I'm sorry to say it but I think you are in the minority with your purely artistic appreciation for badass barbarians. And I think you know that, too. :)
And now, the level 10 Pandaren did not make a single worthwhile post. I have feeling that individual may have been ESL or has poor reading comprehension. S/he was not worth the effort.
That person did not quite understand what you were driving at, for whatever reason. It may have been a fair amount of effort to spell it out for them. But that is no reason to bite back and be insulting, simply because they did not understand your words. You lower the level of discourse when you respond to honest puzzlement with trolling.
Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.