Remember The Departed

90 Night Elf Druid
Kind of dreary isn't it?

What I hope to do with this thread, while I'm a little high from lack of sleep and nostalgia, is to get some people to share some stories from the Farstriders of old. Essentially, I would like anyone that posted here to state the name of a person who no longer plays at all, but still lives in memory for you. It can be someone who made your experience enjoyable on Farstriders, or even as a new player to the game.

I'll start. A long time ago I came to this server on my paladin. I leveled to 70 in Burning Crusade and decided to remain a tank after trying it out at level 64. I joined the guild "Raiders of the Night" and tried to learn the ropes. The person who no longer plays that made this game great for me was a guy named Elnomore. He was also a tank, rather quiet and demure, but also very skilled and knowledgable. He gave me the confidence I needed to push myself beyond what I thought I was capable of and showed me that even while tanking some serious content you could laugh at your off-tank when he died because one of the healers forgot where they put their alcohol and ran off mid-raid to find it.

Sometimes I look back and wonder what could have been; the lessons he and others imparted to me created a vibrant flavor for the new world I've come to embrace.

PS: More reminiscence to come.
Edited by Formidable on 8/22/2011 3:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Hello.

I rolled this shaman here on Farstriders years ago. I transferred to VeCo early in 2009, but my memories of this server were always good ones. There were a number of people I met here who helped me out and were kind.

The good guild Natural Order took me in first. Although I barely remember anyone specifically from that time, I remember them being nice.

The guild Malleus Malficarum. Good and helpful guildies.

I then joined a young guild building itself up. It is no longer here, but we had a great time while it lasted. An Honorable Dawn. Thanks to any of you from the guild who are still on here.

There were also people I ran into while adventuring who were nice enough to group up or give me directions. I could list some names, but I know I'd leave someone off and I hate that...lol. Lots of them were from Sheep Nova, Natural Order, Dreamweavers, Legendary Tens, Heretic Blades.

Farstriders was a great place to grow up and I enjoyed my time here. Thanks to all those who crossed my path.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Dagmarn. Ashenvale Dragon Knights, The Hand of Lothar. Those who know will know.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
My main is on Heretic Blades....hmm..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The good guild Natural Order took me in first. Although I barely remember anyone specifically from that time, I remember them being nice.

Natural Order turned me away when I was leveling. I remember Qaletaqa being a jerk to me.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Qaletaqa is the man.

Natural Order turned me away when I was leveling. I remember Qaletaqa being a jerk to me.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Mature Raiding Guild and Muzzafuzza for my favorite BC times.

Myth Guard for my favorite World PvP.

Nutcase for introducing me to how fun this game could be at level 10 in XR.
Reply Quote
<More than Courage> and It's branch guilds.
Salbahe. YOU KNOW.

Most of my BC memories though come from Marrach and <Servants of Twilight>
Even though I had no idea how to play and alot of them hated my !@# it was a fun run
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Old school trade troll for horde...qaltegada or however the hell you spelled it. LOL memories on him and his girl...

I knew marrach too, through ex ob...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
I miss Ex Obscurum. I remember those guys ganging up on the Wintergrasp courtyard and singlehandedly turning entire battles.

Mackk from Aegis. I miss you man.

Unlisted.
Reply Quote
18 Orc Warlock
Salbahe. YOU KNOW.

Most of my BC memories though come from Marrach and <Servants of Twilight>
Even though I had no idea how to play and alot of them hated my !@# it was a fun run

Ugh, just hearing that name makes my stomach churn.

An old player I remember is Malakar, he ran a guild called the blood phoenix cabal hordeside, it wasn't a great guild, but it was my first guild and the one that taught me how to RP semi-decently. Eventually he went inactive due to RL and transferred when the guild fell apart after a few months of scarce activity.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Qaletaqa is the man.

To people outside the guild, he was.

To us, he was a schizophrenic bipolar lunatic who twice almost torpedoed the guild and likely would have succeeded were it not for his much more stable and sensible brother taking over the guild when Q threw one of his tantrums about us holding him back, and pretended to quit the game.

Salbahe. YOU KNOW.

LOL. Sometimes I miss that little !@#$.
Edited by Crick on 9/17/2011 3:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
When I first started playing, near the end of BC, a group of friends started a guild: "The Silver Path". I remember Tonao, Varafier, Yuchi, and I would explore for hours on end. lol, I even remember we practically swam around the continent of Kalimdor looking for secret areas. It was definitely the most fun I had.

The most influential player I met, who also introduced me to my first raiding guild, was Quizard. I distinctly remember I was lvling in the plaguelands, and Quiz whispered me saying, "Dude! Why the hell are you still on Azeroth!? Let's go to OL." From then on we quested together. He being a tank, and I being a fury worked out really well. When elites were hard and needed a group. He would start the fight off, and I would take over when he was low on health. You wouldn't believe how awesome it felt taking down these elite monsters that supposedly took 3 or 4 players to down. We would 2 man it...heh good times. By the way, the guild he got me into was..."Raiders of the Night". I remember Elnomore too, he was a great guy. LOL, I remembered him telling me over vent that I was born to tank since I always managed to grab aggro from him in Kara. *raises his blades* To the ones that aren't with us anymore, we salute you.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Good stuff. I remember Sano, ret paladin during BC. I never quite understood why he was so adamant about being Ret, but evidently he did it very well. And Bandrell, the pally tank who everyone agreed was the best who I desperately wanted to be on par with. I wanted to be the very best, like no one ever was...!
Reply Quote
I remember Qaletaqa and Imala running this toon through a bunch of dungeons when I leveling up in BC. Just because they were bored. When my guild used to hold events helping out low level players Q pitched in a few times buying all the overpriced greens off the AH to hand out to people. He was a pretty cool dude.

I also remember anytime you'd try to level a new toon you'd be spammed with MATURE RAIDING GUILD invites for hours on end. Muzza was a mastermind, his trolling ways actually brought the server closer together; if only to dodge the invite spam.

I remember Kyir trolling the forums endlessly until a warrior recorded a video of him omagawdlosinginpvp. Don't remember seeing much of Kyir after that, but I wish I could remember the warrior's name. I just know he was a nelf and their epic duel took place in redridge.

Fluff and her crayons, and muffinz! Pretty much everyone from Brass Monkey and Pulp Faction. Nice group of folks devoured by the drama monster, but that's just kind of how Farstriders works.

This thread wouldn't be complete without THE BAGGERS THE BAGGERS THE BAGGERS THE BAGGERS THE BAGGERS THE BAGGERS THE BAGGERS THE BAGGERS THE BAGGERS THE BAGGERS THE BAGGERS
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Qitoj. She was a good friend and excellent RPers. I miss her.
Reply Quote
Summit, back in TBC.

"KONOKOWNED!"

"GOD DAMN IT ELIANARA!"

And all the other things our 13 year old raid leader, Kish, would say.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
I remember Hruul.

Anyone who RPs knows Hruul.
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
Hmm, I remember Miscommunication, the guild I never applied to, and always regretted. Also Dragonsworn and Tabula Rasa. Good times TBC, good times.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]