Blanket silences in the current state of PvP

85 Blood Elf Paladin
With all the CC and interrupts available in today's WoW, isn't this sort of overkill? I'm mainly referring to Counterspell/Spell Lock/Silence(Priest)/Strangulate.

While yes, you can trinket a silence..you may want to save it for one of the many CC's/stuns available in today's game. If necessary I don't think making casters actually cast more again is a bad thing so interrupts are worthwhile again, just adjust them a bit to compensate.

I was doing 2's with a Frost Mage earlier today for points and it was incredible how could completely lock down a healer between polymorph/deep freeze/impact plus not even needing to hard interrupt a cast but just CSing for the 4 second blanket silence when their partner was low. Throw in Repentance and HoJ and it was pretty stupid.

On the flip side too, playing against that is pretty much a !@#$ing nightmare...especially as a caster melee spec(Ret Paladin/DK/Enhancement Shaman/Feral to a certain extent?) since you're unable to do much of anything while silenced.
Reply Quote
With all the CC and interrupts available in today's WoW, isn't this sort of overkill? I'm mainly referring to Counterspell/Spell Lock/Silence(Priest)/Strangulate.

While yes, you can trinket a silence..you may want to save it for one of the many CC's/stuns available in today's game. If necessary I don't think making casters actually cast more again is a bad thing so interrupts are worthwhile again, just adjust them a bit to compensate.

I was doing 2's with a Frost Mage earlier today for points and it was incredible how could completely lock down a healer between polymorph/deep freeze/impact plus not even needing to hard interrupt a cast but just CSing for the 4 second blanket silence when their partner was low. Throw in Repentance and HoJ and it was pretty stupid.

On the flip side too, playing against that is pretty much a !@#$ing nightmare...especially as a caster melee spec(Ret Paladin/DK/Enhancement Shaman/Feral to a certain extent?) since you're unable to do much of anything while silenced.

And blizzard believed frost needed help with silences so they allowed all mages to get imp silence on first tier line instead of the second. BUT they forgot frost can give up a lot in their line so they could also pick up imp impact and blazing speed AND imp CS. yay blizzard
Edited by Lothao on 8/23/2011 9:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Only blanket silence that should be removed is strang.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
No dks don't any CC if there unholy,plus thats get kills

i hate counter spell so much
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
08/23/2011 09:05 PMPosted by Windfuhrer
Only blanket silence that should be removed is strang.

Long cooldown, it's fine, maybe outside of the ridiculous glyph.
Reply Quote
Back in the day, mages had to counter spell a *spell* not just anytime they wanted.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Strangulate is practically Counter Spell on a x10 times longer CD lol.
Reply Quote
98 Troll Druid
Because if you don't clip your cc's at the end with another/blanket the healer is most likely going to use an instant and be picked up
Reply Quote
1 Troll Warrior

Then post on the mage poser. All I see is another butt hurt paladin telling a lie.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
The only blanket silence mechanics I hate are those that predominantly act as interrupts but have a secondary "lolz hes silenced anyways but good try anyways" silence mechanic thrown onto the ability as well.

I'm looking at you, Counterspell and Spell Lock.
Reply Quote
98 Troll Druid
^ Dont forget the warrior spec (adds blanket silence to pummel and heroic throw available to arms)
Edited by Vultures on 8/23/2011 10:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Vox

Then post on the mage poser. All I see is another butt hurt paladin telling a lie.

Reading comprehension is hard.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
yea spell lock and cs need a nerf, blanket is bs with their current state of cc, as for shadowpriests and dks, theyre fine with it, dks a bit op against healers, but somewhat fine... mages and locks, def bs, its like ferals letting ferals hibernate everything in the game, bear stun w.o going bear from 30 yards and 8second cyclones, with fero bite not needing combo points and rofl spam....
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
How about we just make it so frost can't get impact and leave CS alone huh?
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
08/23/2011 11:03 PMPosted by Meekaä
I would gladly give up my blanket spell lock if mages lost theirs (I hate those !@#$%^ mages)

I would gladly give up mine if I got some f-ing dispel protection not from locks.

But I mean, frost doesn't need impact, but ffs leave my imp cs alone. I would love to be able to stop people from insta-dispeling my crap unless their in a sheep.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
I completely agree they need to go, especially imp cs and spell lock. Less instant cc more skill is good.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]