Raid Finder destroys communities

(Locked)

85 Human Paladin
The raid finder will allow my alts to ninja log without consequences. Get my trinket? Great no reason to stay any longer.
1 Human Rogue
dungeon finder already killed it
90 Worgen Druid
08/24/2011 03:06 PMPosted by Goldish
The raid finder will allow my alts to ninja log without consequences. Get my trinket? Great no reason to stay any longer.

because people already don't do that in current pugs?
90 Human Paladin
Normally I'd agree....
But let's be honest...this community can't get much worse. So I don't think the cross realm raid finder is going to make much of a difference.
85 Gnome Priest

But what else could it be? Shannox is so mechanically simple, that if explained properly there should be no issue in killing it. It is not a difficult fight in terms of mechanics or healing/dps requirements.

Therefore, it should be killable. The strategies are defined, in videos, etc. The only thing that could be missing is confidence in people to take a group of 1-9 random people and lead them to a kill.

I think a lot of raid leaders had poor success rates in tier 11, and just stopped trying. Tier 11 was, I feel, somewhat more challenging than tier 12 normal. Right now, there's no encounters where I'm like, oh a pug could never do this.

Honestly, I don't even feel that way about rag normal. There's also so much gear available without doing raids, that it seems pretty difficult to recruit for pug current content these days. This pug recruitment issue is why, I feel, I could pug tier 11 pre-nerf 12/12 on tichondrius, but struggle to fill a group on lower population realms.
Edited by Mescyn on 8/24/2011 3:25 PM PDT
90 Worgen Death Knight
I for one am in favor of this. As it is it's near impossible to get into a BWD/BOT run without having the achievement on this server, so those of us who haven't done it yet we've watched the fights have no chance.
OH NO! MY VIRTUAL ACOMPLISHMENTS WILL BE PUT TO SHAME BECAUSE A BUNCH OF RANDOM PEOPLE WHO DON'T EVEN KNOW EACH OTHER MIGHT BE ABLE TO GO DOWN DEATHWING! I WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IF THIS WERE TO HAPPEN! NOTHING! ALL OF MY ACHIEVEMENTS AND GUILD RUNS; RUINED!!!!!!
90 Night Elf Hunter
What "community?"

Its a way for someone to raid, who won't otherwise be invited to raid.

If you already raid, you'll be better off doing it that way.

Insert resounding "Duh."
87 Blood Elf Warlock
08/24/2011 12:12 PMPosted by Mescyn

I wonder what happened. Casual players tout their alts, and altaholic, etc. With so many alts, where are they alt runs guys? Casual players should be Kings of the alt runs/PUGs. Why don't you guys make it happen?

That's what I don't get, I hate leveling alts, and even I ended up with 3.5 85s (my druid is 85, but it only farms, because I couldn't be bothered with anything else). For shared lockouts to have had an effect, then the assumption you are making is most people don't have any alts.

Unless what they really mean is there aren't as many heroic raider mains to carry them through content, I'm sure that's not what they mean though, and they absolutely want to pull their weight.

While I am aware that you're trolling, I want to address this 'concern'. Shared lockouts means fewer raids, which means higher requirements on the raids that DO proceed since so much is at stake. There are other factors, but this directly relates to what you were saying. PUGs in wrath were commonplace up until ICC and I don't think there were any heroic raiders on my server to 'carry' anybody.
Community Manager
With the current design philosophy of the upcoming Raid Finder, it's not at all intended to serve as a replacement for organized raiding. In fact, it isn't at all being designed to be used as a direct substitute for forming raids the way people do today. The goal is to give people who enjoy the more casual PuG raid environment, or just don't have the schedule to keep up with organized raids, a better way to experience raid content.

We're still solidifying a lot of the details for this feature and look forward to sharing more with you soon. ;)
24 Night Elf Priest
With the current design philosophy of the upcoming Raid Finder, it's not at all intended to serve as a replacement for organized raiding. In fact, it isn't at all being designed to be used as a direct substitute for forming raids the way people do today. The goal is to give people who enjoy the more casual PuG raid environment, or just don't have the schedule to keep up with organized raids, a better way to experience raid content.

We're still solidifying a lot of the details for this feature and look forward to sharing more with you soon. ;)

I don't know, Zarhym. I'm sure you know that the WoW playerbase can pollute and distort any good-intentioned feature implemented.
87 Blood Elf Warlock
08/24/2011 07:29 PMPosted by Firestyle
Well said Bose.

Basically he is complaining about every single dramatic IMPROVEMENT to the game.

LFD and changes to BGs improved this game immensely, and improved our interactions with other players. Some people are mad because it broke up some of those 'old school' cliques that had way to much damn power over their communities and did more harm than good. I remember, I am from the 'old school' raiding club.

It was hell.
Edited by Berecynthia on 8/24/2011 7:41 PM PDT
90 Tauren Druid
I don't know, Zarhym. I'm sure you know that the WoW playerbase can pollute and distort any good-intentioned feature implemented.

I have to agree with this. Look at how many fixes had to be made to the LFD and kick function because of people abusing the features.

Raid finder will end up with a lot of complaints, loot related mostly I would bet.
85 Troll Rogue
I have to admit, I'm really damn excited for this feature. Raiding during the week is pretty much out of the question for me due to my demanding job, and on weekends it's a huge hassle trying to get into a pug, especially without an achievement (as I quit when Cata was released and just joined again during the dawn of 4.2).

With this feature, I imagine that I'll be able to queue up in my own time. If anything, it'll be tremendous help for those who just want to run for the achievement so they can forge their own pugs or hop into ones being formed on the server.
1 Troll Shaman
I bet the OP is not actively doing anything in his local community right now, but he is worried about it in his precious little game
If the raid finder is limited to prior tier nerfed content, it will not destroy communities and it will likely be effective. If it is allowed to function for current content or any type of current xpac hardmode, people will fail and scream for nerfs.

Wow...what made you change your mind? Don't tell me you actually read my thread :P
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]