orcs need (model) buffed...

21 Tauren Warrior
this has annoyed me for a while- and with firelands out now i cant keep quiet anymore- blizzard, how dare you- you give thrall a model that is standing up right but keep other orcs slumped over? what the heck? i want my orcs to stand tall, and proud! if you can give thrall a tall-standing model than i want my orc characters to be proud of who they are too!

at least that would be nice since we are paying you for this game each month- and you obviously have the technology to renovate models.

edit: i posted this later - like page 5 in this topic

http://imageshack.us/f/263/orcmodels.png/

2 orc models: "righty" is the orc we have now, "lefty" is the same model in the game- just standing tall. and yes- this is already in the game.

edit#2: ok someone said on page 16 that this little forum does not speak for the whole mass of wow players... lets change that- call your friends, guildies, shout it out in your capitols about this post, give the link or topic name. lets settle this debate and see how many players out there in azeroth want their old models updated and now.
Edited by Stonetotem on 8/25/2011 8:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
All male species in Azeroth suffer from back problems, you should know that by now.

Except Thrall.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
He has the power of the elementals to keep his spine straight.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
I don't see how firelands has any relevance to disliking the model of orc males, but OK.

I do agree though, a change is needed, and I think blizz once posted about this, saying that they want to find a good middle ground first, because lots of us are still attached to our now-outdated models, and if they changed it wouldn't feel right.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
this has annoyed me for a while- and with firelands out now i cant keep quiet anymore- blizzard, how dare you- you give thrall a model that is standing up right but keep other orcs slumped over? what the heck? i want my orcs to stand tall, and proud! if you can give thrall a tall-standing model than i want my orc characters to be proud of who they are too!

at least that would be nice since we are paying you for this game each month- and you obviously have the technology to renovate models.

We often see people request for model updates. This is something we'd definitely like to do at some point in time, but time is a very limited commodity for our art team. We also have to be very careful about what it means to "update" a model. We've made changes in the past to various characters and had some people be a bit upset that it was changed on them as they had made very specific choices about the look of their character. We try to be as sensitive as possible about these types of things.

I can't give you more information than that, but the idea isn't far from our minds. We just have a lot of things we still want to on multiple levels that we hope enhance the experience of the game for everyone.

Reply Quote
59 Night Elf Hunter

We often see people request for model updates. This is something we'd definitely like to do at some point in time, but time is a very limited commodity for our art team. We also have to be very careful about what it means to "update" a model. We've made changes in the past to various characters and had some people be a bit upset that it was changed on them as they had made very specific choices about the look of their character. We try to be as sensitive as possible about these types of things.

I can't give you more information than that, but the idea isn't far from our minds. We just have a lot of things we still want to on multiple levels that we hope enhance the experience of the game for everyone.

Neth, just wanted to suggest (while you're still reading this topic): one way to go about this is preserve the existing models exactly as is and also make new models for each race/gender combo. Then have a checkbox in Options: 1 = use original model and 2 = use new model.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Model updates would put so much more life into this game. (I think)

And also about orcs! Why not give the males some damned eyebrows?! Some are shown in the RTS and many in Blizzard official art
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Thrall was raised by humans and due to childhood needs of Feeling accepted he no doubt forced himself to stand straighter so he may hopefully fit in.

Years of doing that would allow him to stand straight comfortably without pain.

It may just be him since Garrosh is still very slumped
Reply Quote
67 Tauren Hunter
I'm pretty buff already ^.^
Reply Quote
84 Undead Warlock
Player orc>>>>>>>>> Thrall's new model. I would probably race change if they made my Orc rogue look anything like new thrall.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Can you at least put Tyrande in her armor? Shes a warrior priestess.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I love my character model... I just wish he wouldn't slouch all the time. When he occasionally, stretches and stands upright its pretty sweet (and about a foot taller!). I agree OP.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue

This is something I have never understood, as this appears to be a problem of not having a big enough art team. Given the huge amount of money that this game pulls in, I just don't understand how resources can be that lacking.
Edited by Soreni on 8/24/2011 10:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
The only thing that needs to be changed for orcs is their casting animation, other then that they are the master race.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter

I am 90% sure this is a copy and paste answer from another thread asking for updates.

Nice XD
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I played Asheron's Call many years ago and they did a complete graphics overhaul and totally destroyed the look of my cool armor set I had - I was very upset. So I can understand being cautious about updates, especially character models.

I figure though if we get some way to change our character look without paying RL money, then we could afford to get a few new looks. My human males are definitely tired of being all scowly and ugly.
Reply Quote
81 Blood Elf Paladin

But I'm sure you guys can see from all the excitement about transmogging that people really care how cool their characters look. I understand the art team can only do so much, but don't you think a facelift for old models should maybe be a priority?

Yeah you can't please everyone, and there will be some people who make angry threads no matter how you do it, but I really wish blizzard wouldn't shy away from it just because some forum goers might get upset. Character model overhauls are long overdue.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Orcs aren't supposed to look intelligent, that's why their orcs. Plus, their internal vertebrae system might give them that slump... but personally I think it's just because they are unintelligent.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]