Death and Taxes Needs YOU!

85 Undead Mage
Death and Taxes is a new Guild. I am seeking mature, highly motivated Guild officers/Raid leaders who want to help build a successful raid guild and be apart of it from the ground up.

First I want to take some time and talk about myself, I imagine most successful leadership oriented players are going to want to know a little about their prospective GL.

My name is Jeremy, I am 32 years old. I went to college for Theater and went back to college for Physics when I needed to get better pay checks. So I am really good at two things, coordinating parties (theater major) and doing calculations (lots of math in physics). What drew me to theater and performance was a love of people, all kinds. Various characters are interesting to me, and I love to get to know odd, flavorful people, this was what drew me to social gaming, and what has driven me to build successfully communities in the various games I have played.

I started social gaming back in the Star Craft days, this lead to FPS as I got a better connection to the internet, which lead to competitive gaming. I coached a couple of CAL CS teams back in the day, and was a value add for strategies and assigning roles for individuals in tournaments. I moved on to MoHAA, COD, and always played single player role playing games, I did not get to Diablo until late and so was turned off by the "you must pay to compete" atmosphere. I have always had a strong work ethic and it chafs me to think of people paying money to get a baddazs character and doing no work. Wow really appealed to me for that reason, the BOE/BOP distinction made it so that you had to run dungeons to get the best gear, and that was what I wanted: the best gear, the biggist crits, I wanted to be one of the strongest characters becuase I worked hard at it, and invested in the game what I wanted out of it.

So this leads me to what I am looking for in my officers. I want them to feel the way I do about hard work = badazs characters/good progression, and know the effort put in is worth the results: fun. I also want officers that are easy going, do not sweat the small stuff, and share my love of people.

Death and Taxes is an adult guild, and so while I do not have any particular age restrictions for membership, I want adult officers, and we will hold everyone to a high standard of non-asshatery. If your 12 year old brother is very mature, his mom does not come on to vent to tell me to stop cussing, and he can perform past snuff, then I do not care that you recruit him. I do however care if he brings unneeded drama, and we are expected to restrict our use of adult themes and language in v/chat.

I want v/chat to be fun, I want people to be able to tell dirty jokes, I like members with thick skin that can give as good as they take, and at the end of the day we are a tighter group for being able to joke around with each other. No tender Nancey's wanted, no "you hurt my feelings by including me in the joke" wimps. This does not mean that I will ignore issues, I take personal issues seriously, but I want people who can let the small stuff roll off like water off a ducks back. I work with people and technology in my day job; I support Radiology imaging software for a major medical software development company. I deal with all kinds of technical issues, and manage all kinds of personalities; I am good at this, but that does not mean I want to manage whiny brats, idiots, and self serving goons in my spare time so I want mature officers/players.

Raid times are not set in stone, but I will be recruiting players with a similar schedule to my own, this was my main reason for moving servers, I have been on a mountain time server but live east coast, this has not been a big issue becuase I work later in the day than most office jobs. I work 10AM-7PM, and get home and am ready to get down about 8PM ET. My thoughts on raid schedules are (W - TH - Fri), or (W - Fri - Sat) from 8-8:30 to 11-11:30, perhaps optional Sundays for added progress dependent on desire. Serious raiders can get the job done in 3 hours. If players want longer hours, or more days I am game. Again these are flexible, I want to pick up some good officers and then go back over all the details.

--Why Lothar?

-Wow realm stats shows a very large Alliance population (Faction changing my toons in next day), with good peak hours, and good numbers of average active players between 81-85. The last guild (in vanilla) I created was on a small server with poor hours, a bad time zone and I was still able to recruit a full 40 man raid in 2 months. So I expect this to be much easier on this choice server.

Any questions are welcome.
Edited by Xzul on 8/25/2011 12:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
So we have setup shop on Lothar now, and everything is peachy.

Vent Server: Check
New Officers: 2: Check (Need moar!)
Bank 2 Tabs and filling Gold for raid repairs 1400

I have filled about half a 10 man raid in a few days, all adult professionals in RL with a great understanding of teamwork, but friendly enough to put up with me??!?? (Scratches head)

I need healers. I really do. We have tanks covered for the first 10 man, but I still recruit the player not the character so bring us ur gooduns!

Meanwhile the active and decent pugs on this server have made it possible to get in BWD, and BOT on a regular basis.

Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
I think I chatted with someone the other day but I don't remember which toon I was on, but, was curious if 8pm was definatley set in stone for the time now? Cause if you were willing to maybe up the raid time to 9pm est I would be interested. I am Central time so I need just a tad later times than most people. Its been making it hard to find a raiding spot on this realm:(
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Yea, I was on a mountain time server and we started at 9:30PM my time, and with 2 hour raids that was fine. We where wrapping up about 11:30, 12 at the latest.

So 9 with 3 hr raid would wrap up at 12EST, that would be fine with me.

Are your weekends usually free?

I want to get the raids down to 2 hrs with no breaks, but that is going to take some time, everyone needs to know there roles, the strats, the mechanics ect ect before that becomes reality.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Yeah my weekends are usually free unless I plan something ahead of time. I will be on later tonite on this toon so feel free to add me to friends. I'll look for you online also.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Sounds good.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Does this have anything to do with the old Death and Taxes epic raiding guild?
Reply Quote
55 Gnome Death Knight
Stop spamming in trade for your crappy guild, use the guild channel kkty!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
09/02/2011 06:13 AMPosted by Akercocke

My guess would be no, their just copying the name of the guild in vanilla.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage

My guess would be no, their just copying the name of the guild in vanilla.
Or like most grown ups we made it our name becuase it is a saying we like.

The nice thing is, I betcha we are a whole lot more fun then they are, and we are killing more bosses . . . . you know why? Cause they broke up 2 years ago . . . .

The only reasons we took the name is becuase it is a cynics view on modern life, nothing more, nothing less. I mean why would I make the name the same as some uber guild, but then be honest about not having been in that guild? Kinda ruins any marketing that would entail. Trust me no affiliation, but would it really make a difference it it where? I came from a very successful raiding guild on Darkspear: E X A L T E D, but I never kept track of world firsts, or wow progress, really not my thing. I left after Sunwell, we had server first Brutalis and I was just bored. Great raiders having fun raiding that is what is important to me, and here on lothar we are doing good, and having fun for a new guild.

09/04/2011 11:38 AMPosted by Theclap
Stop spamming in trade for your crappy guild, use the guild channel kkty!
So brave, at least have the balls to post on your character. After all, we should be able to see how high and mighty your guild is if my guild is crappy, only fair . . .

Ill use the guild channel when it is a default channel, I think everyone who actively recruits will agree the dead channels are dead because they are not default channels.
Edited by Xzul on 10/10/2011 3:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]