Is this the place for me?

85 Night Elf Druid
Hi Khaz Modians!
Lately while playing Wow I've come to miss the sense of community that a server should have. I miss the days where my character's reputation with fellow players on my server actually mattered and the days where you couldn't ragequit every pug thay didn't do exactly what you wanted because you'd stop getting invited. To refresh my love for the game I'm looking for a server with a tight community that actually enjoys interacting with each other. Please be honest, would I find what I'm looking for if I roll a toon on your server? Thank you in advance for your opinions! Oh and I have an exceptional love for tanking and healing...do you have a drastic shortage of any classes in those roles? I prefer alliance but would be willing to give horde a try :D thanks all and have a great day!

-Vinewalker
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
pst stikman for invite
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
since when "community" and "server" are used in the same sentence?
Reply Quote
10 Human Warrior
We are absolutely awful as a community, unless you get into one of the better progressed guilds on the server such as Convergence, Sunder, or Gimped.

They each have a good rep except for Sunder and Gimped.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
We are absolutely awful as a community, unless you get into one of the better progressed guilds on the server such as Convergence, Sunder, or Gimped.

Wait... where is Cata there? or my GUILD! :O

My guild is awesome! Is made up of bronies :D Friendship is Magic!
Edited by Laixx on 9/1/2011 1:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/01/2011 11:44 AMPosted by Galnumberone
better progressed guilds on the server such as Convergence, Sunder, or Gimped.

this actually made me lol

hows 25 man coming boyZ
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I love this server. It makes me feel good about myself. Like watching Jerry Springer. No matter how bad your day gets, at least you're not THOSE people...

I didn't mean it, Gal dared me. *runs away*
Reply Quote
94 Night Elf Rogue
Gal is dead to me.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

Wait... where is Cata there? or my GUILD! :O

My guild is awesome! Is made up of bronies :D Friendship is Magic!

Did someone say... BRONIES?

But really, in terms of:

I'm looking for a server with a tight community that actually enjoys interacting with each other

I've found that KM Horde does better than most servers. This is partially because there's a low Horde population, so most older players know at least a good chunk of the players on Horde side. Off the top of my head, I can only think of maybe 2 Dbags on Horde on this server, and the one that comes to mind first is amusing enough where I don't feel like putting them on ignore.

Anyhow, in terms of pugging (which you mentioned), I haven't pugged in a while, but the pugs that I was in were generally well-natured (no HURR 365+ ilvl and achieve to do Reg T11 content). However, Horde rarely pugs anything besides BH, and most pugs seem to fall on their faces.

Which brings me to my next point. In terms of actual skill in the game, the vast majority of Horde players are, quite frankly, pretty bad (or I'm just elitist (despite being not amazing myself), I don't know). If you want to actually make progression in PvE on Horde side, you pretty much have two choices: Our guild and Ret (who, if I recall, is a sister guild of sorts in relation to our guild), since Horde is weak in terms of 10-man guilds (no offense). I can't speak for Ret, but we have a hell of a lot of fun in our raids, and even if we have an off night, we still stay well-knit (which explains why we've been around as long as the server itself, if I recall). If you can't get into either of those guilds (or you get kicked from either for whatever reason), you're pretty much SoL in terms of PvE. In terms of PvP, Horde is generally weak (although better person for person than Alliance, IMO). We don't have many serious arena teams, nor do we have many people who have hit 2200+. In addition, RBG groups are pretty rare here, much less successful ones (although we have a Hero of the Horde somehow). So if you really like PvP, this may not be the faction for you.

So that list of disclaimers aside, I'd like to reiterate that despite Horde players complaining about our community, we're really better off than many servers (particularly the high-end Horde-dominated servers, such as Illidan, Blackrock, and Mal'Ganis) when it comes to community. Of course, this is just personal opinion on my part.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Both <Not Interested> and <Freelance Mercenaries> have made reasonable progression 10m.

But 10m normal modes totally aren't undertuned or anything. Gal. Sweetie.
Edited by Sebasi on 9/2/2011 12:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Also doublepost but the Retribution RBG team tends to win a majority of the time. When I do participate my rating seems to climb consistently, and I have enjoyed the delicious achievement points associated with those titles.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Am I the only one hoping he transfers just so I can see him cry in trade about how everyone is mean to him?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
*Checks progression thread again* Oh wow, they're further than I thought they were. So scratch what I said about the 10-man Horde guilds here, they're about as far as the 25-man guilds.

In addition, it should be noted that Ret's RBG group is really the only 'successful' one that I know of (correct me if I'm wrong).

EDIT: I'm midly frustrated that you have both achieves that I need for Battlemaster, Seb. Just sayin'.
Edited by Chilela on 9/2/2011 7:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
The only reason you have more ach points than me (besides apparently being a devout fisherman) are the 50+ PvP achieves you've got over me. I need to just queue for random battlegrounds and beeline towards getting some of these things, since usually I end up in situations where I need to very strategically cas-- MOONFIRE MOONFIRE MOONFIRE
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I'm confused, why are the Hordelings speaking like they're important people?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
PonieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesZ!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
10 Human Warrior

But 10m normal modes totally aren't undertuned or anything. Gal. Sweetie.

FIRSTLY, THAT'S KNIGHT GAL TO YOU, YOU FILTHY PEASANT. KNIGHT IS THE GREATEST TITLE IN EXISTENCE.

Secondly, I'd actually take some stock in the whole "25s are harder" argument if there was any evidence behind it other than people who only run 25s insisting it's true. Even with certain guilds attempting off-night progression as a 10m group, we still have yet to be even remotely caught up to.

On that note, #1 lmfao good luck catching up to gimped with their dps so low that killing shannox was mathematically impossible
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]