Is this the place for me?

94 Night Elf Rogue
09/02/2011 04:58 PMPosted by Galnumberone
Even with certain guilds attempting off-night progression as a 10m group, we still have yet to be even remotely caught up to.

Whose doing this? I haven't looked into it, but I'm pretty sure none of the 25m guilds are.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
09/02/2011 09:50 AMPosted by Shivalover
I'm confused, why are the Hordelings speaking like they're important people?

sad face, followed by interested baby face, followed by angry face
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
So, Vinewalker, if you read through this thread, in it's entirety, that's pretty much what the server is like, in trade, ALL the time. :-p

Aside from everyone whipping out the epeens to measure, and people trolling people with smaller ones because the bigguns make them QQ in their cornflakes, it's a nice place to be. And when it's NOT it's pretty amusing.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
09/02/2011 06:05 PMPosted by Nisashi
Even with certain guilds attempting off-night progression as a 10m group, we still have yet to be even remotely caught up to.

Whose doing this? I haven't looked into it, but I'm pretty sure none of the 25m guilds are.

I know Angrydome at one point had a 10man night on the weekend to go back and kill what they couldn't before. Don't know if they still do or if we actually count Angrydome as a 25man guild.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
So, Vinewalker, if you read through this thread, in it's entirety, that's pretty much what the server is like, in trade, ALL the time. :-p

Aside from everyone whipping out the epeens to measure, and people trolling people with smaller ones because the bigguns make them QQ in their cornflakes, it's a nice place to be. And when it's NOT it's pretty amusing.

This is also true to a lesser extent in Horde's trade chat, as implied before. But any trade chat drama usually occurs after a certain elf opens her (his?) mouth. You know who I'm talking about.

But other than that, it isn't overly common, especially compared to other servers.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I've spent some time in vent with her. She's actually a woman, just a psychopath.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

09/02/2011 04:58 PMPosted by Galnumberone
Secondly, I'd actually take some stock in the whole "25s are harder" argument if there was any evidence behind it other than people who only run 25s insisting it's true.

i would link you the article of paragon saying it took them 400+ attempts to kill rag on 25 man, and 15 attempts on 10 man, (and the logs of rags being killed like 50000 more times on 10 man opposed to 25) but im afraid that would greatly affect your trolling, so ill be quiet for now
09/02/2011 07:36 AMPosted by Chilela
In addition, it should be noted that Ret's RBG group is really the only 'successful' one that I know of

now this had me loling
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Oh yea OP, come raid with me. We enjoy interacting with each other. We even overdo it by putting the MT on ignore and globally muting him on vent.

But hey, you said you love tanking and healing so if you can do what I do better and compensate for 3 fails midfight then you can have my spot. You'd love it here.

But remember, this is WoW, Don't come complaining that you cant progress with individual skill without playing with others. Especially when those others are Khaz modaners.

Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I thought the proper term was Khaz Modians? :p

Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Paladin
09/02/2011 06:05 PMPosted by Nisashi

How's that 25man Rags progression going? good?
Reply Quote
94 Night Elf Rogue
09/04/2011 08:18 AMPosted by Fleer

lol wut? We've killed him on 25 the last 3 lockouts. Sure our first kills were on 10m, but Gal said "off-night progression" which is something we haven't done this tier.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/04/2011 08:18 AMPosted by Fleer

at least if you are going to troll look up the guild you are trolling so you dont end up making yourself look like an idiot

i do sell troll lessons 24.99$ an hour, feel free to send me in-game mail if interested
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
09/03/2011 11:18 AMPosted by Lupacob
In addition, it should be noted that Ret's RBG group is really the only 'successful' one that I know of

now this had me loling

Actually, I'm wondering, are there ANY heroes of the Alliance on this server?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
There's lots of men in tights...
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
09/03/2011 11:18 AMPosted by Lupacob
Secondly, I'd actually take some stock in the whole "25s are harder" argument if there was any evidence behind it other than people who only run 25s insisting it's true.

i would link you the article of paragon saying it took them 400+ attempts to kill rag on 25 man, and 15 attempts on 10 man, (and the logs of rags being killed like 50000 more times on 10 man opposed to 25) but im afraid that would greatly affect your trolling, so ill be quiet for now

I should know better, but I'll bite.

First, WowProgress has recorded 56 guilds as having killed Heroic Ragnaros:
  • 37 guilds that primarily run 25-mans have killed Heroic Ragnaros on 25-man.
  • 5 guilds that primarily run 25-mans have killed Heroic Ragnaros on 10-man but not 25-man.
  • 14 guilds that only run 10-mans have killed Heroic Ragnaros on 10-man.

Also, Paragon pointed out in the article you mentioned that "the gap between an optimal setup and the wrong setup seems to be quite a bit larger in 10-man than in 25s." In other words, you're right that 10-man is probably easier than 25-man when a guild has enough skilled and geared players that it can pick the optimal raid makeup for each encounter.

Of course, I don't really think that a 25-man guild that took four weeks of raiding to even kill normal Ragnaros on 10-man would fall into that category.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Question. Not trolling, just asking (No experience with 25 raiding at all)

What happens when the 25 man team is composed of a group of competent but not fantastic raiders? The wipe, they progress slowly... they're not awful, just average.

10 of those raiders are AWESOME and carrying the other 15. They break off from the group and kick in the content's face.

I mean, I sincerely doubt it's happening every time, but could it account for some of the discrepancy? Taking whoever has the ilvl to fill spots on 25?

Reply Quote
10 Human Warrior
Well when a guild runs with primarily loot council, they usually gain enough gear to the "council" through 25 mans to trivialize the gear requirement for most encounters on 10 man. 10 man fights are meant to be attempted by guilds progressing through purely 10 man raiding, which means they would progress more slowly than a guild doing heroic farm content on 25 to gear the "council", assuming equal levels of skill.

tl;dr 25s are equally as difficult as 10s assuming the guild attempting the fights have always progressed in said mode.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
when you only have like 8 good raiders it makes sense to only run 10 mans, since you literally cant do 25's
Reply Quote
10 Human Warrior
09/05/2011 08:47 PMPosted by Lupacob
when you only have like 8 good raiders it makes sense to only run 10 mans, since you literally cant do 25's

i dont get it

dont you guys insist like daily that you have only 5 good raiders

you aren't very consistent
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/05/2011 09:21 PMPosted by Galnumberone
dont you guys insist like daily that you have only 5 good raiders

i dont raid so i wouldnt know

its probably less than 5 though

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]