Transfer to Malorne?

90 Draenei Mage
The wife and I are looking for a new home. We've heard rumors of the Alliance doing exceptionally well in the Vengeance battlegroup...is this true? Is Malorne a decent place for an Alliance member to call home? Tell the truth!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Sorry to say, but alliance are such a rare species here :(
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Hi how are you I am from one of the raiding guild's on the alliance side i am sorry to say we are struggling to keep members here but the people that are left are very friendly.

If you would like more info you can ask for me in my guild to talk to to find out about us.

please ask for me or any of our officers.

i hope to hear from you soon.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Couldnt help but notice you asking about our battlegroup, so knew you must be a PVP'r :)
Vengeance has indeed picked up for sure over the last few seasons. Although our server itself has dwindled on alli side, our guild has been recruiting some fine PVP players, as well as multitudes of whispers to join our RBG's bi-weekly. Make an alt and check out the server, best way to get a feel for it.

On the bright side, outnumbered by horde leaves us no shortage of red nameplates floating around ;)
Edited by Zigmage on 8/27/2011 11:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
7 Blood Elf Hunter
08/27/2011 03:52 PMPosted by Druiddarben
If you would like more info you can ask for me in my guild to talk to to find out about us.

WAT?
Reply Quote
71 Blood Elf Paladin
Most of the alliance here are lv85s i believe and i am unsure of the pvp status because i dont pvp but if ur ever into making a horde toon to goof off on look up Templars of Cataclysm, we take everyone and dont discriminate if u have allie toons. We arent big but we are friendly and enjoy lower lvl and lv85 pvps. Take care and enjoy wow.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
They've moved battlegroups around sometime recently, haven't they? Every once in a while I see someone from Malorne in my bg.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
They moved battlegroups around in Wrath correct.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
i was alliance at one point on malorne (about a year ago for 3 years) nowadays it's a ghost town. there's nothing ally side except unreasonable auction house prices and idiots in abundance, however about 10% of the people on ally are not idiots. keep in mind that 10% is like 10 people

raiding is pretty limited as far as i know, it seems to be more casual than anything. take a look for yourself at the pvp situation

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/arena/vengeance/3v3?comp=&team=&realm=1148&faction=&minRating=&maxRating=&compType=all

note not one team ally side is above 1800 and there's only like 5 total above 1500

basically: i wouldn't spend money to come here
it's a perfect place if you love REALLY small servers
it's not that great if you're looking to pvp and pve choices are extremely limited
Reply Quote
85 Orc Mage
shut up pvp guy
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
it is true the alliance are exceptionally good on vengeance. You can find thousands of team mates with maximum gear, stable internet, and microphones. You can log in and pug rated battlegroudns of same level skill team mates within 5 minutes. The pvp server is Korgath, and it's overcrowding with new xfers from all walks of cyberlife
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Or some people just do arenas for points (like me) to get geared, yet prefer battleground settings for real play. We have 1700 MMR in rated battlegrounds and have been continuously now up against korgath and tichondrias. SO arena stats are not always a good way to determine whether people are ok at PVP or not. I change teams all the time to help people out.

On the other hand, yes if you are looking for population, Malorne is very much stunted in that dept. Good luck in your endeavors :)
Reply Quote
85 Orc Mage
09/01/2011 04:35 PMPosted by Zigmage
Or some people just do arenas for points (like me) to get geared, yet prefer battleground settings for real play

Dont you get conq points from rbgs? Dont you get better conq cap with rbg rating than arena? I doez understand not der

We have 1700 MMR in rated battlegrounds and have been continuously now up against korgath and tichondrias

those are both high pop servers and it doesnt mean anything, you may just as well play other 1700 rated scrubs that were lucky enough to roll on these servers...

SO arena stats are not always a good way to determine whether people are ok at PVP or not.

Yes, they are, the more people in group the less skill you need (not to bash "i wear cape irl" ppl but it was a great example of most of them who were 2.4k+ in 5v5 but couldnt break 1700 in 2v2), any open minded person will tell you that if they suck in arenas they enjoy bgs cuz all they have to do is stand next to flag and tab target buttonmash (doesnt differ much from cata arenas though). In bgs all you need are 2-3 good people who can cc the healer for example while other mindless ppl follow simple instruction like "LM" and smash their spam key to destroy opponent. Why are you still reading this? Play starcraft2 k
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
09/01/2011 09:36 PMPosted by Puppettx
(not to bash "i wear cape irl" ppl but it was a great example of most of them who were 2.4k+ in 5v5 but couldnt break 1700 in 2v2), any open minded person will tell you that if they suck in arenas they enjoy bgs cuz all they have to do is stand next to flag and tab target buttonmash (doesnt differ much from cata arenas though). In bgs all you need are 2-3 good people who can cc the healer for example while other mindless ppl follow simple instruction like "LM" and smash their spam key to destroy opponent. Why are you still reading this? Play starcraft2 k

still tryin to get a reaction outta people? cause your comments are ignorant
#1 nobody on malorne has ever been above 2400 in 5v5 and ever close to gladiator
#2 people only 2v2 for conq points so by the time they are done they sit around 1500 before finding a new team
#3 buttonmashing doesnt work for anyone you're just jealous
#4 starcraft2 is redundant.. i was #34 in starcraft1 season2 so i have nothing to prove to noobs like you in a clone cashgrab sequel
#5 get a life forum troll stalker
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
1. I like making lists.
2. So I number things that are irrelevant.
3. I also really like numbers in order.
4. My mommy tells me that when I grow up, I'll be big and strong.
5. Even though the big kids pick on me, I'll still attempt to retaliate with lists.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Mage
#1 nobody on malorne has ever been above 2400 in 5v5 and ever close to gladiator
#2 people only 2v2 for conq points so by the time they are done they sit around 1500 before finding a new team
#4 starcraft2 is redundant.. i was #34 in starcraft1 season2 so i have nothing to prove to noobs like you in a clone cashgrab sequel

trying to get a reaction? or maybe using forum to correspond with other people let it be in a silly or serious response (u responded so that "trying" is completed herpderp)
#1 ur wrong
#2 people who wanted AM but never could break 1700 in 2s, get real, ur wrong again
#3 i played dk, buttonmashing works(i herd boomkin is precisied button pressin too bro), i did rbgs, buttonmashing works, ur wrong
#4 wow esport vs starcraft esport, plzgetreal
#5 get a life never gets old im a !@#$in prince of qatar get real

ps get choked and hibernated moar playa
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Puppet is an !@# but i gotta give him credit for saying the truth here an example of that was a rogue in cape i did 2s with on my mage he had t2 weps from rbg and his highest achievement was 1750 in 3s thanks to me he got his 1750 achiv in 2s too but i coulnt push him over r1800 cuz well he got his gear from rbgs, i played with a lock in blues who cant even talk in vent but wasnt a rated battleground hero and got the same rating.
Now thrudgel i understand you love rated bgs but dont bash someone giving his opinion (more then 1 person agrees with) on a forums discussion.
Edited by Pasqt on 9/2/2011 12:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman

trying to get a reaction? or maybe using forum to correspond with other people let it be in a silly or serious response (u responded so that "trying" is completed herpderp)
#1 ur wrong
#2 people who wanted AM but never could break 1700 in 2s, get real, ur wrong again
#3 i played dk, buttonmashing works(i herd boomkin is precisied button pressin too bro), i did rbgs, buttonmashing works, ur wrong
#4 wow esport vs starcraft esport, plzgetreal
#5 get a life never gets old im a !@#$in prince of qatar get real

ps get choked and hibernated moar playa

I know very little about PVP, but I am well versed in getting owned, and Puppet definitely took the point here.

On topic though:
08/27/2011 01:01 PMPosted by Boomjinx
Is Malorne a decent place for an Alliance member to call home?

If you are looking for an extremely quiet (and usually empty) server, then this may be just the spot for you. If you have any hopes of pugging raids/rbgs, then this is most certainly not what you are looking for.
Edited by Boshi on 9/2/2011 11:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Submissive to trolling or not is irrelevant. I personally was responding to the fact that Winston made a case that arena rating determines overall PVP participation and skill. So what about someone in my case? I have been PVP since vanilla, I am also a GM that will switch teams frequently in a week to help guildies cap their points (on a low pop server a geared resto druid is a commodity), and even more so if they are willing to help people accumulate their gear and experience :) I will not dispute and never have that doing RBG gets us a higher conquest cap, great! We might be geared quicker.

Although trolling an innocent thread may seem appealing to some, I did answer the initial posters questions, which I believe is what he was looking for. At no time did I mention Malorne being an 'optimum' choice for transfer, I did say that Vengeance battlegroup has indeed come a long way as well as undisputing Malorne as a low population realm. At mention of whom we continuously face in rated battlegrounds now, was simply to give some insight on other servers in our RBG rating, I cannot speak for any higher rated than us, thus did not.... Also, not saying that 1700 MMR in rbg is an extreme achievement, however we are happy to be progressing, considering we are in our third week of participating in them.

I will stand by the fact when I say that arena stats are not a good way to determine a players skill at PVP, we recently brought in two players to our RBG who have no arena team, but can tear down healers promptly. It took me years to be talked into doing arena as I find them redundant and reliant on which team has the most CC. That does not mean I was not in org, hillsbrad, and crossroads for YEARS healing people in world PVP prior to even resilience gear. I find all PVP fun, games are supposed to be fun right? its what we do after work. When they become work as well, they become less 'fun'.

Thrudgel!!!! Oh yes I see you in TB, you are truly an awesome healer/ player, I should call you the king of LOS :P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
BTW the hunter on my arena teams right now is my little boy :P

This happens to be our serious face! :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]