Should I transfer here?

85 Gnome Mage
Okay, folks.

The server I'm currently on is dying. Hell, it's mostly dead. I've spent more time playing with myself and getting achievements over the past few months than I have doing heroics.

So, I'm going to transfer servers. To which one, I'm not sure. I'm going to put in the request on Friday of this week (2 September 2011), so I can be transferred by the end of the Labor Day weekend.

Two characters will be moved; Ulalah(Enchanting/Tailoring) my main, and a space goat Paladin named Glastnost(JC/Mining) that I've been having fun with learning how to tank and heal. The rest of the characters I have literally are too little to worry about and can be re-built rather easily with a weekend of play. I enjoy doing old stuff (Naxx, AQ40, Kara) with my main along with the new stuff (Firelands!). The guild I'm in has disintegrated, but I do have at least one kill on all of the new raid bosses and a kill of Shannox before the guild went away. Being an alternate sucked.

To check out my armory, click over there <----- or here http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/khaz-modan/Ulalah/simple

Anyway, what I'm looking for is a server with a population. With People. With things to do. A guild would be nice too, but that will come with time since I'd like to get my feet wet and see what's going on at the server before allying myself with a particular guild.

Is this a good server for me to transfer to? What I'm looking for is the following:

US CST or PST based, or raid times that start around 8:30pm or 9:00pm CST. This means I actually have a chance to get into a raid once my kids are asleep!
PVE or PVP: I've played on a PvE server since I got started, just a bit before Burning Crusade hit. I've just recently (as in January, this year) started PvPing. I'm not very good, I admit, but I am willing to learn and try. So, PvE gets a preference, but PvP may win out if nothing else looks promising. If you've got a PvP server, I'd like Alliance/Horde to be at around a 50-50 ratio, or close to that.

I'd be ever so grateful, and thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Depends what you are looking for. If your looking for real progression then I think nazgrel is to casual for you. If your a casual player then this ain't a bad home. Never mind what the haters say.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Is Nazgrel still the 3rd worst server progression wise since TBC?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
This server is pretty much dying too.

@ Luxus: That is overexaggarating but we are like worst 50 I would say.
Reply Quote
This server is pretty much dying too.

@ Luxus: That is overexaggarating but we are like top 50 I would say.

fix't
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
If you come here your motto changes to "Hey guys... at least we're not Nessingwary!"
Edited by Erodri on 9/1/2011 1:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
We were third worst until SL jumped servers and killed Yogg. They left and CP got some kills. PUGs were right behind them up until the end of T11.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
I've spent more time playing with myself ... over the past few months than I have doing heroics.

hehehe
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/01/2011 07:53 PMPosted by Deius
I've spent more time playing with myself ... over the past few months than I have doing heroics.

hehehe

teehee
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Don't come here unless you want your hopes and dreams to crumble.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
This is the best server to transfer to.
Great community the best raiders in the US.
If you're looking for casual raiding we have casual raiders, this server is pact full of good people to get a long with. EVERYONE gets a long with everyone here.

Also I thought transfers were automated now, so they occur a lot faster. Sí or No?
Edited by Curufingon on 9/3/2011 12:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
You should transfer here just to harrass Ingwe.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
lol, i have the same problem as ulalah, but im already on this server. I want to transfer off this rock.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Almost our entire population consists of people just learning or like their accounts are fresh from ebay. I'd transfer but I can't leave behind what I spent two years building. Our population is incredibly low, almost impossible to build a pug for any raid and the economy is nuts. I play on servers where Eternal Ember sells for 1k, and here it's 8k or more. There are never any materials on the AH anymore, and if there are they are going for insane prices. Cobalt or Fel Iron for 300g anyone?

It's gotten so bad that most of our horde population has gone Alliance, and while I can't speak for their side, if it's anything like Horde.... Don't bother. This is no place to be.
Edited by Æronis on 10/14/2011 4:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Almost our entire population consists of people just learning or like their accounts are fresh from ebay. I'd transfer but I can't leave behind what I spent two years building. Our population is incredibly low, almost impossible to build a pug for any raid and the economy is nuts. I play on servers where Eternal Ember sells for 1k, and here it's 8k or more. There are never any materials on the AH anymore, and if there are they are going for insane prices. Cobalt or Fel Iron for 300g anyone?

It's gotten so bad that most of our horde population has gone Alliance, and while I can't speak for their side, if it's anything like Horde.... Don't bother. This is no place to be.

I still <3 you Aero
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

I still <3 you Aero

>.>;; Zeeb you creeper! Stalkin' my forum posts.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
Hey it good to see some old names lol but no i would not transfer there i transfered off that realm because of the egotistic a holes and that server is also dieing. I went to hyjal horde side and am doing good in new content by pugging
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
*sniff sniff* :-(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]