Translating addons to ptBR?

85 Troll Priest
Hello everyone. I used to play on this server a long time ago, and remember there was a large population who spoke Brazilian. Blizzard has announced that they're coming out with a Brazilian Portuguese translation for WoW and this means that we'll (addon authors) will be able to support that language in game.

Now the problem is, not all of us speak this language. I personally don't, I even have trouble speaking English, my native language. This is where you can come in.

There's a few ways to participate in translating addons. For example, one of my addons called Ackis Recipe List is hosted on WowAce ( You can navigate there, and find the localization tab, and from there you can see Brazilian Portuguese as an option. From that point, there's a list of English phrases which need translating. A direct link for you to look at is this:

If addons aren't hosted on WowAce/CurseForge you can still help out. Find out if the addon supports localization (e.g. it's already translated into other languages) and if so provide a translation set for the author.

Thank you all for reading!
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
Oh noes ! A jelly fish!

Bringing you walls of text and cookies since 2005 :)

Mac Tech Support MVP (moonlights in other forums)
Here to Help :)
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
I know Ackis Recipe List has gotten some translations.

Very much appreciated! :)

Keep on doing the great work so when 4.3 hits, you can have all of your favourite addons translated! :D
Reply Quote
67 Night Elf Hunter
I have been having the problem of people speaking Portuguese or Spanish while in chat and unable to understand it. Is there a translator mod available to help decipher what these people are saying? Often they use the excuse of "not speaking English" to play rudely or in socially unacceptable ways. It would be awesome to be able to speak to these players in their own language and understand their responses!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)