Level 60 Blood Rotation

46 Tauren Druid
A couple of quick questions for you guys.

1. What is a good questing rotation for a level 60 blood DK?

2. What is a good tanking rotation?
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
For tanking.. i usually go with death strike and heart strike.. not hard to tank :]
Edited by Dethkings on 8/29/2011 11:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Six
Death Strike when you can.
Heart Strike when you can't.
Rune Strike when you can't do either/RP capped.
Use CD's when appropriate.
Reply Quote
43 Blood Elf Paladin
im also having trouble with my DK i need a rotation for blood for BG's !!!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
blood pvp is out atm. Carry a flag or guard a node, cuz blood hits like sockemboppers. And stay out of rated and arena, youll get downed very fast.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
at level 60-~80, just spam deathstrike and bloodboil

Bloodboil's coefficient got messed up and it does ridiculous DPS until ~80 when they actually balanced it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Blood Boil to kill stuff
Death strike to stay alive

As postonforums already mentioned. the scaling for bloodboil got really messed up the last time they re-worked the skill/talents to "make is smoother for leveling".

Unless they've nerfed it in the last 4 months since the last time I leveled a DK blood. I basically just spammed bloodboil and was doing like 1k dps as soon as I hit outlands, and 2-3k dps through northrend. (basically comparable dps to raid geared players at those levels)
Edited by Stormdk on 2/25/2013 11:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
As stated above, Blood Boil is ridiculous until (at least in my case) Pandaland. So, assuming you've taken Rolling Blood, it's simply get your diseases rolling -> blood boil and death strike. You'll follow that AOE and single target. Drop a DnD when you can, keep your eye on your HP, and enjoy the compliments you'll receive on how you're the only good tank some of these poor pug's have run with all day. Also, Rune Strike to RP dump.
Edited by ßlackened on 2/25/2013 11:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
Death Strike, Rune Strike, and Blood Boil.

Pretty easy.
Reply Quote
91 Undead Death Knight
at level 60-~80, just spam deathstrike and bloodboil

Bloodboil's coefficient got messed up and it does ridiculous DPS until ~80 when they actually balanced it.

This right here.

I don't know why people say Heartstrike pre-80. Blood boil does more DPS by far. For consuming Runic Power I use Death Coil as its doing more damage at this level than Rune Strike.

Edit: I just got a new weapon so Rune Strike might take over. Try out your spells and see what does the most DPS.
Edited by Gillax on 2/25/2013 1:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
I prefer that blood boil with crazy vengeance on anything 3+ adds because it just outdoes my heart strike damage or death strike damage, but i also tank in 95% dps gear, even enchant my shin'ka with fallen crusader over any tank runeforges lol
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
To help you understand the Lower Lv ability prioraty I'm going to explain what your combat check list is as a Blood DK at all times.

As a Blood DK your primary focus is

#1: Aggro on all your Targets. The way this is best way this is done is by doing more damage as Blood DKs Threat is very much reliant on how much damage they are putting out in AOE situation. The best way to do this is taking Rolling Blood as your 56 talent. Now this imidiatly ties in to your second priority so really the first two go hand in hand.

#2 Diseases, Diseases, Diseases. Your want to have your diseases or DK DoTs up on all the targets you are pulling aggro on. The way diseases Should be applied at a lower Lv is via Icy Touch and Plague Strike then Blood Boil to spread to other targets. This will get you a lot more aoe damage as well as reduce damage done by all targets due to Blood Plague applying Weakening Blows due to you being a Blood DK. The reason this first 2 go hand and hand is the more damage you are doing the more threat you have if you are not putting diseases on your DPS will be lower thus your threat generation will be lower. Note DO NOT LET DISEASES FALL OFF!!! In a manner of seconds you will notice your dps drop as well as damage out put will increase by the enemy mob. Do your best to prevent this form happening but if it dose do not fret just re apply them as soon as you can to keep things going.

#3 DEATH STRIKE!!!!!!! Possibly one of the coolest primary use abilities in the game. When you Death Strike you gain a minimum of 7% of your characters maximum HP AND you heal 20% of the Damage dealt to you in the proceeding 5 seconds ( the 5 seconds be for you use Death strike) so its a self heal that smacks the enemy for a good amount of damage. Use this when ever you have Frost and Unholy runes to heal your self and keep that damage going for threat.

#4 Blood Boil or Heart Strike? So this one is fairly simple when you have 3 targets or less use Heart Strike once your diseases are up and spread via Blood Boil. The reason for this is Heart strike dose successive damage to 3 targets meaning your target gets hit with the full Heart strike then the next guy gets hit by that but the damage is reduced by 25% then the next guy is getting 50% of it. In pulls that are 3 targets or less it is a good dps increases over just spamming Blood Boil but don't let those diseases fall off.

#5 Runic Power....What do I do with this? another easy one Just burn it on Death Coil you get some more DPS other wise its useless for now you will be using Rune Strike in its place in about 5 Lvs though as Rune Strike will get you more dps and more of what ever you tier 75 talent is.

Side Note: Death and Decay lots of people love this ability because it gets your a bit more dps and if you are in about a 6-1 trash pull unless it procs form Crimson Scourge (meaning it will not cost you a rune) go ahead an put it down. As for its necessary use use it on large pulls of weak mobs (AKA Swarm enemies) or a large trash pull that has about 7-8 adds but do not start you pull with it you will not get enough threat before dps starts doing what they do then you will be in a mess.

So to sum up Diseases up using Icy Touch and Plague Strike, Blood boil to spread and refresh your diseases, Use Death Strike to heal and keep threat up, when there are 3 or less enemies switch to Heart strike but use Blood boil to refresh diseases if they are starting to get low, Burn Runic power on Death coil but throw Death coil out the window when I hit 65, use Death and Decay on small pulls of 1-6 enemies if it procs, if its a swarm or 7+ enemies after you spread Diseases to all the thrash.

Hope this helps you out is the most in depth you get at the lowers lvs if you have questions about CDs new ability or how Blood tap/Runic corruption rotations go feel free to respond to my post.
Edited by Ravithor on 2/26/2013 10:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
91 Undead Death Knight
#4 Blood Boil or Heart Strike? So this one is fairly simple when you have 3 targets or less use Heart Strike once your diseases are up and spread via Blood Boil. The reason for this is Heart strike dose successive damage to 3 targets meaning your target gets hit with the full Heart strike then the next guy gets hit by that but the damage is reduced by 25% then the next guy is getting 50% of it. In pulls that are 3 targets or less it is a good dps increases over just spamming Blood Boil but don't let those diseases fall off.

#5 Runic Power....What do I do with this? another easy one Just burn it on Death Coil you get some more DPS other wise its useless for now you will be using Rune Strike in its place in about 5 Lvs though as Rune Strike will get you more dps and more of what ever you tier 75 talent is.

The whole crux of the issue is that the AP scaling is way off for this level. One Blood Boil costs one blood rune and will do more single target damage than any other spell you have. I'm 71 now and it still does more damage for this guy then Rune Strike. That's saying nothing about its multiple target damage. Although, the gap is closing and almost closed.

Since AP overpowers weapon DPS (again only at lower levels), Death Coil also does more damage than any Runic Power spender that you have.

Death Strike is nice for getting you death runes so that you can use Blood Boil more.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
It will change at lvl 75 though. When rune strike offers you more runes back for it's RP cost compared to death coil.
Reply Quote
24 Dwarf Hunter
02/25/2013 01:09 PMPosted by Gillax
I don't know why people say Heartstrike pre-80. Blood boil does more DPS by far.

Might be because Blizzard recommends Heartstrike in game as in the Core Abilities tab for Blood spec. Blood Boil is not even mentioned as a Core Ability.

I agree that Blood Boil seems much stronger from 60 to 80 even on single targets.
Edited by Ungorojoe on 3/1/2013 10:15 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]