I can't learn Archaeology

(Locked)

20 Human Hunter
Every time I try to learn Archaeology, the trainers learning list is completely empty and I'd like to know why. Is it unavailable to trial members or a bug or deleted or some other reason? If anyone could please explain why all the Archaeology trainers have a blank list, I'd appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

90 Troll Hunter
Your account must be cleared all the way through Cataclysm in order to learn the profession.
irc://chat.freenode.net/wowtech
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=wowtech
Do NOT contact me in game. Doing so guarantees an immediate ignore in game and in the forums.
Support Forum Agent
08/29/2011 07:34 PMPosted by Drezbek
Your account must be cleared all the way through Cataclysm in order to learn the profession.

Precisely. Archeology is exclusively for those with the Cataclysm expansion. Unfortunately, Kaidrick, it looks like you have a standard Battle Chest account so you only will only have access to content up to the Burning Crusade expansion.

I am sorry for the confusion.
62 Dwarf Hunter
Precisely. Archeology is exclusively for those with the Cataclysm expansion. Unfortunately, Kaidrick, it looks like you have a standard Battle Chest account so you only will only have access to content up to the Burning Crusade expansion.

Is this still true? I thought Cataclysm was part of the main game now.

I also see an empty learning list but have only purchased the original game (many years ago).
85 Night Elf Rogue

I also see an empty learning list but have only purchased the original game (many years ago).

There is a difference between the Cataclysm client, the Cataclysm event, and the Cataclysm expansion.

The Cataclysm client is the base client that everyone has installed. What you can access in the client is dependent on what expansion level you have upgraded too. If you have the base game, you are eligible for Classic WoW and The Burning Crusade (and all expansions related features for TBC). The Burning Crusade is the expansion that was recently included as part of the base client now instead of having to be purchased and upgraded separately to.

Wrath of the Lich King is a separate expansion still requiring a fee to upgrade to, and Cataclysm is the most recent expansion that requires a fee to upgrade to. Cataclysm gives you access to the newest zones as well as features like Archaeology. As part of the expansion the entire world of Azeroth was redesigned and updated as part of the Cataclysm story line referred to as "The Cataclysm". The Cataclysm affected the entirety of Azeroth, so while you will not be able to access the new zones and features of the Cataclysm expansion, you are still participating in the Cataclysm story-line and content at the earlier levels.

I hope that clarifies things a bit.
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Blood Elf Hunter

No, Cataclysm is an expansion. It does not come with the base game.

The base game is the original game + Burning Crusade. You will still have to buy Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm as additional expansions. This would also explain why you can't see Archeology to learn yet.

In the future, please check the dates on threads you post on. This one is from August of last year, so it is rather old. :)

Cataclysm is the "main game" right now, as in the world has been affected by Deathwing and we all essentially play the same 1-70 experience. Everyone uses the same client that says Cataclysm when you log on. However it is what you have purchased and what your battle.net says that allows you access to different parts of the game. So while we all play the cataclysm client, only those with say, wrath of the lich king can play past level 70. And cataclysm is needed to play past level 80. IN addition Cataclysm expansion is needed to start archeology.
62 Dwarf Hunter
Thank you to all those who replied. That makes it very clear.

I guess I have enough to do without adding learn archaeology to the list.

Cheers
90 Dwarf Hunter
Lol. I have been wondering about this forever.Thank you for the very detailed explanation
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]