Best profession for PvE Elemental shaman?

1 Orc Warrior
Just as the title asks, what's the best profession for a PvE elemental shaman between herbalism/alchemy or skinning/leatherworking?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I'm Alchemy and Engineering.

I'd say any other primary profession with Engineering just for the goggles and glove cooldown make it more usefull then any other in terms of raiding.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
08/31/2011 09:01 AMPosted by Dontdeleet
Just as the title asks, what's the best profession for a PvE elemental shaman between herbalism/alchemy or skinning/leatherworking?

Both end up giving the same end-game bonuses (+80 int) One does so by giving you cheap bracer enchants (LW), one by modifying flask bonuses (alchemy).
Herbalism will give you a haste proc, which would better then +80 crit from skinning.

Ultimately it's really a flavor decision. Do you want to be able to craft armors while leveling (if you can get the leather), or make potions (which can be very useful for healing and buffs while leveling).

At end-game do you want to be making leg enchants to make money with LWing, or selling potions, elixirs and flasks.

They have done a really good job of equalizing crafting professions and a mostly ok job equalizing the gathering professions. It really comes down to just a flavor choice these day.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
engineering
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Friend of mine on his lock went eng and tailoring. We calculated and not sure what we came up with but the 1 min CD on your gloves, and the 45 second ICD on your back out weight a lot of other professional buffs for a caster bc he saw a huge increase on his dps.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Does no one read the poster? He probably is leveling an alt and only has need for these last two professions, and wants to know what is best.
08/31/2011 09:01 AMPosted by Dontdeleet
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
08/31/2011 09:25 AMPosted by Alkari
Does no one read the poster?

no i didnt read his post. lol

in that case go herbalism/alchemy. can farm a lot to sell for gold, haste buff, alch. trink, etc...
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
08/31/2011 09:23 AMPosted by Happyhook
Friend of mine on his lock went eng and tailoring. We calculated and not sure what we came up with but the 1 min CD on your gloves, and the 45 second ICD on your back out weight a lot of other professional buffs for a caster bc he saw a huge increase on his dps.

That's because BiS professions for Warlocks are Engineering / Tailoring iirc. Also might be Spriest.

I went with LW / Alch because int > other stats in our particular spec, but in all reality; an int bonus prof, paired with another int prof, would be best if you min / max.

Otherwise; it doesn't matter at all if your not minning / maxing.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
At 85, gathering professions are the worst choice for any class. But any profession with an intellect bonus will be good for an elemental shaman (and will likely provide an agility bonus as well if you ever re-spec).

While leveling, dual gathering professions are normally the best choice as they provide the most return for the time invested. Herbalism and mining also provide additional experience to speed the leveling process.

If you like the idea of a gathering / crafting profession pair though, then I would recommend herbalism / alchemy over skinning / leatherworking for a new alt. Alchemy is the easiest profession to level, and you can benefit more from the elixirs and potions you make while leveling then you will from the armor you craft from leatherworking (unless you have an enchanter to DE everything).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]