Things you don't want to hear healing PuGs 3

90 Tauren Druid
Heroic GB last night, joined in progress on first boss.

Nobody says a word, boss immediately pulls. Things are going fine up until the troggs. Once the troggs come out, the DK dps gets one-shotted by ground siege, using roots I tried to cc the purple one since none of the other dps bothered to do. The tank then, of course, breaks cc and kills the purple trogg, boss goes into his enrage thing, tank doesn't bother to pick up the rest of the troggs (even after bringing them to him, twice) so now the tank is taking massive amounts of damage as am I with four troggs beating my face. We both die at about the same time, tank immediately drops group.

We get a new tank, blood DK. He asks where we are and if people knew the fight, I, of course, am the only one that responds in a coherent manner (there was also a boomkin talking, but I think he was 8 years old based on his grammar and spelling). Tank decides to use raid markers on the ground for whatever reason, one for the melee dps, one for the ranged dps, and one for me. Things are going fine, troggs come out, I get a few on me because of my hots (they love me), I bring them over to the tank and he actually picks them up. However, the purple trogg dies yet again. Tank starts taking massive amounts of damage now, DK dps gets one-shotted by ground siege again, ranged dps stand together (since the tank wanted them to for whatever reason), the boss blitzes over to them, nearly one-shots both. Tank is taking way too much damage at this point and dies. We're all dead, tank says "The DPS have no clue what to do" and at this point I figure it's a great time to drop group.

I just hit 85 yesterday and in the 5 or so heroic runs I did I had 4 groups that were full of complete !@#$%, including the tank. Maybe it's just my bad luck or maybe the quality of tanks has dropped since the threat buff.
90 Night Elf Druid
ZG last night, DK tank (aside: I don't know what it is about DK's but they seem to attract people who cause me the most issues in a PUG that I cringe every time I see one.)

We're doing OK up until Kinara. Tank says "I'll tank priest, someone pull the packs." Hunter says he will. Fight starts, hunter pulls packs, tank never pulls them off hunter. As you can imagine damage is everywhere and I am frantically blowing all CD's I have to keep party alive. Through heroic efforts on my part and a battle rez, we manage to get the boss down.

Now at Zanzil. Tank reminds everyone to get green cauldron when necessary. So far so good. Fight starts, I usually stand by green cauldron. Tank is way over between red and white. Zombies pop near the green cauldron and head straight for me. Tank never moves. I frantically barkskin and run over to tank (which causes two others to die due to lack of heals.) I get to the tank who still doesn't pull them off me. We eventually wipe.

I mention "Let's not have the healer tank the Zombies, shall we". I believe it was the hunter who then said "But you did such a good job of it." Next pull we manage to kill Zanzil.

Jindo. Fight starts. Tank stays outside the green dome during shadow and nearly dies. Twice. Hunter is yelling at him to get under dome. Tank now tanks Jindo under dome at all times. It was the longest time I have ever seen to get to phase 2 (perhaps 6 dome cycles.)

Phase 2. DK just attacks spirits, never goes to fetch *any* berserker. Hunter yells it him a couple times and he still doesn't do it. One of the other DPS rage quits, we of course, wipe.

I initiated a vote kick of this clueless tank (only the second time I have ever initiated a vote kick.) It passes, we get a new Pally tank and DPS. Jindo goes down next try.

God I hate DK's....
Edited by Gilroykilroy on 9/2/2011 7:40 AM PDT
90 Dwarf Shaman
Phase 2. DK just attacks spirits, never goes to fetch *any* berserker. Hunter yells it him a couple times and he still doesn't do it. One of the other DPS rage quits, we of course, wipe.

I'm guessing the tank hadn't done the last couple of bosses there but was too proud to admit to it.

My story: H Stonecore. Tank is in pretty lousy gear and charges at Milhouse's groups without CC. I'm having to heal him pretty hard to keep him alive. Then the rogue's health drops like a stone and he dies.

"No healing?" he said.

I checked Recount. He had stood in the warrior mob's whirlwind without moving. Same thing happened next pack, at which point I left.

35 Orc Shaman
Whenever the tank says "jump down" or something to take a shortcut in any instance. My heart goes into my throat and I immediately think he's either going to aggro mobs and then jump down (thereby bringing half the instance with him) or that he's going to jump down near mobs, miss a key ledge, die on impact and everyone is going to follow him. Then the group wipes because of no tank.
90 Dwarf Shaman
Whenever the tank says "jump down" or something to take a shortcut in any instance.

Then someone forgets to dismiss their pet, which takes the long way around and aggros multiple packs.
85 Draenei Priest
Got into a ZG run in the middle of it. Usually not a good sign to begin with if a healer had to be replaced.
All goes well until the last boss. The tank refused to go retrieve the big adds for body slams until the previous chain was completely killed off. He wanted those chains dead so much that he helped. By standing in the purple circles that increase damage taken. With ghosts on top of him. And a berserker. I leap of faith'ed him out of all the crap and he ran straight back in.

After explaining a few things to him, he says "well I've been tanking since this patch" and I was kicked.
90 Dwarf Shaman
The tank refused to go retrieve the big adds for body slams until the previous chain was completely killed off. He wanted those chains dead so much that he helped.

This is probably the best strategy. Killing each chain before retrieving the next troll greatly simplifies the fight.

By standing in the purple circles that increase damage taken. With ghosts on top of him. And a berserker. I leap of faith'ed him out of all the crap and he ran straight back in.

You aren't aware? Blizzard changed it a few weeks back so the purple patches don't increases damage taken for players, only for adds. The tank should have been killing the big berserker before worrying about the chain though, so he was doing the wrong thing there. But if there were so many adds up, thats a dps failure.
Edited by Beitris on 9/2/2011 5:38 PM PDT
85 Draenei Priest
09/02/2011 05:33 PMPosted by Beitris
You aren't aware? Blizzard changed it a few weeks back so the purple patches don't increases damage taken for players, only for adds. The tank should have been killing the big berserker before worrying about the chain though, so he was doing the wrong thing there. But if there were so many adds up, thats a dps failure.

ah, this was a while ago. Before they made that change.

But I guess waiting does simplify the fight, I just tend to expect a bit more from players.
1.) "Heals?"

Usually said to imply that I'm forgetting to heal someone. For example, on the boss in ZG with the ability that does damage based on remaining health.

I did not forget to heal you. I see that you only have 20k hitpoints remaining. I am actively avoiding increasing your current health pool.

2.) Any DPS who links their damage meter, especially one who stands in avoidable damage.

I will go out of my way to kill you if I see this. I was going to attempt to kill one of you anyway, because that's why I have Life Grip and why PuGs exist. However, there was previously a 2-in-3 chance that it was not going to be you.
83 Blood Elf Paladin
Heroic Halls Of Origination:

(Things may be off it happened over 2 months ago but it is fairly accurate XD)

Group:

Tank, Rogue, Mage, Spriest, and me of course.

I zone in and the first thing i did was inspect the tank. When I looked, I noticed some greens and blues. I figured ehh no big deal, he's clearly still gearing up.

The tank pulls, breaks 2 ccs, runs up to the middle and stays on one guy while everything else is pounding on me, as well as the other group members. I'm doing what I can to keep everyone healed, I popped fiend, Hymph was sadly on cool down from a previous run, I went oom and we wiped. The Chat goes like this....

Tank: WTF HEALS? do you not know how to heal?!

Spriest: OMG are you serious! use Hymph, and your fiend. seriously, is it that hard for you to heal in your gear? I could heal this thing with no problem, I even took over towards the end.

Mage: Ugh...What's with all the healers being bad tonight.

Me: You're kidding right....

Rogue: Not the healers fault. If you can't see that then you're a bunch of fools. Tank broke cc and attacked only one thing, leaving the healer having to heal the hell out of everyone, including himself.

Me: Where do I begin... oh... I know exactly where to start the bashing. Tank...honestly i don't mind you being squishy, but really how about not breaking cc. It is very clear to me that you need it seeing as you tunnel visioned and focused on one mob, while the rest went on not just me, but the dps as well.

Tank: LOL L2P HEALZ LOL

*Tank drops*

Spriest: well that's great you made the tank leave.

Me: I'm not done yet...

Spriest: what?...

Me: Do you honestly think I have no clue what im doing? My Hymph was on cool down, if it was up, i would have used it. I also popped my mana fiend, as well as a pot. We wiped because of the stupidity of the tank. Oh I forgot, thanks for helping me AFTER I died. Had I been in your position I would have hopped out of shadow form and began healing the minute I noticed something wrong.

I also remember pointing out the faults in his gear, talents, and gems, but I can't really remember how that part went.

*Spriest and mage drops*

Rogue: lol

Me: If people without a clue would keep their mouth shut...

Rogue: Guessing you were going for the mage next?

Me: Had it all ready but he left before I hit enter =(

I thanked the rogue for defending me and we ended up doing a timed ZA run, but we sadly miss it by 2min.
Edit: Sorry for all the space. I like to keep things clean ><
Edited by Lumine on 9/2/2011 6:56 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Priest
Worst thing to hear upon entering a troll:

"Hai guyz"

This indicates so many incoming disasters, in so many different ways, on so many different levels.

lol Most adults will get it.
85 Troll Priest

My thoughts: First of all, I don't wanna be called "healz"

This one drives me completely up the wall. Whenever I see a group in trade chat looking for "healz" my first thought is "not a chance."

Whenever someone refers to you as, "healz", simply return the favor by addressing them as Derps Per Second.
Edited by Audience on 9/3/2011 4:33 AM PDT
90 Draenei Shaman
This actually happened to me last night:
Healing ZG...On Kilnara...
Tank says: r?
We all respond in the affirmative.

*Tank runs in, aggros 3 pens of cats...I start healing into the 18K hps range, lose one of the DPS...OOM before she shifts to Bethekk because I am trying to keep everyone alive so we can get through this...with one group of cats left*

Tank: Oh, I didn't know that would happen..And Why did the druid die?
me: They kinda do a bleed effect that stacks,,and does a lot of damage.
Tank: What, you can't heal through it?
me: *banging head on desk* Dude, I did. Why do you think I trinked and mana tide totemed? DO you have power bars turned on for your frames?
Tank: Why?
me: *considering a Neck Punch*
90 Gnome Priest
Last Night in Slave Pens:

One of the dps disconnects for awhile and we all vote kick the hunter. I notice after the next couple of trash pulls that dps is taking damage along with the tank. thus I have to work harder to keep them all up.

So I queue us for another dps, and the tank doesn't choose a role. After the second time the tank still does not choose a role. At this point I am like "wtf?" So the tank tells me that we can three man it and that it would be more experience. Sorry but more experience for 3 times the work is not worth it to me. Derp pee ess agreed with the tank but none of them were thinking about me. So I said....

"ok bye :)"

Dropped group....

Healer abuse is getting out of hand. (and has been for a long time) Now in fairness I would have done three man if dps didn't pull from tank. Or pull large amounts of mobs that I have difficulty keeping up with.

I don't know about you guys but I am tired of healing through stupid. Which is why I picked up Holy, great excuse not to spam heal dps. Mainly because I find it easier to carry using Disc than I do Holy.

90 Blood Elf Priest
Heroic Grim Batol on my resto druid, after we have wiped several times to the Invocation of Flame killing 3-4 people at once:

"Can't we just skip this boss?"
"No, I need him for the quest. How about the boomkin go bear and offtank the flame mob"
"No, they blow up when you touch them"
"Well, this way they don't touch anybody else"

Fortunately the boomkin didn't comply and we got the boss down eventually.

90 Troll Druid
My favorite would honestly have to be when someone links the recount of overhealing, but not the breakdown. They'll put something like
Overhealing done for the last fight
Oslak- 76%
"HURR DURR YOURE SUCH A FAIL, L2HEALS"
But if he learned to check it's usually not a cast overheal, just my HoTs. This has happened to me multiple times and I treat the jerk with the VTK button.
85 Dwarf Shaman
Having a dps ask me to drop the pally totem
85 Draenei Shaman
Having to explain to a tank that I'm using my potion of Illusion while I'm healing so thats why I look like I'm tanking. Then vice versa when I tank except I usually look like one of the melee dps.
90 Draenei Shaman
Last night – vortex pinnacle

I zone in and our groups looks decent – Mage, Druid (tank), Rogue, Hunter and Me so I’m thinking YAY FOR CC!! <3

I ask right off the bat “Everyone know the fights?” everyone responds “Yes”, so far so good! I quickly inspect the druid tank who has nice gear (for his lvl), gems and spec :D
Just as I’m starting to think how nice this run will be the tank pulls and then he did something I have never seen before ....
He ran in as a bear and then ran BACK TO ME as a troll (just normal/caster form?!?!?) and THEN proceeded to try and pull all the mobs off of me (as I just pulled huge agro trying to heal him while he was running towards me in normal form) in kitty form o.O

I blew all my CD’s and somehow managed to keep everyone alive while having at least one mob pound on me the whole time. Needless to say I whispered the tank and politely asked what was going on? Even the rogue said something along the lines of WTF?!?!? He doesn’t respond and does it again on the second pull – runs in as a bear, runs back as a troll... not so fortunate this time and we wipe :(

Thankfully after we wiped he left group, we re-qued, got a Pally, finished and ran a couple more :)

<3 yay for happy endings and prot pallies

I’ve never played a tank or feral druid before so I don’t know if that is some kind of strat they use or if it somehow helps them tank but I have NEVER seen that before and hope to god I never do again! I assumed that it must have been someone playing on his toon as his gear, spec and gems looked good? Also I don't think I've ever met a tank who thought it was a good idea to pull a group and then run back directly towards the healer lol.

The tank was griefing you. He was purposefully trying to wipe the group. Next time someone pulls a stunt like that, report them for griefing.
One thing I don't want to hear healing PuGs? "Don't heal me until I've gotten aggro."

Some cases that's perfectly fine. Especially in Cata content. But I never want to ever hear that or anything like that on my way through BC again.

Story time!

So I'm on this character, healing Blood Furnace with a DK tank. All goes well until the second to last pull before the boss, the room with all the Felguards and the occasional warlock. Tank says something along the lines of what I said above, then mentions that the Felguards charge. (Pretty sure everyone had already been there before and therefore knew that. Dps were smart enough to not set off the proximity bombs.)

Then he zooms into the room. And pulls everything. And dies horribly as I sit there getting stun-locked like whoa. Needless to say we wipe because healing is hard with Felguards constantly charging you and breaking your cast. And the tank was rather squishy... So we all run back and the tank just ups and leaves after saying nothing. But we get a new tank and finish the instance with no problem at all.

I don't mind tanks pushing my skills (how else am I going to get better?), but really. << Can I not do something like that again?

Another time waaaaaaay back when I first started this character I had a Holy pally tank for a deadmines run. I did not stick around long after that when I was ooming on every pull trying to keep said tank alive. >> Left after the first Oaf run in. Waaaay too much damage to deal with.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]