Things you don't want to hear healing PuGs 3

85 Draenei Shaman
I had a Heroic Stonecore run yesterday that nearly ended in disaster. Had a Warrior tank, a Rogue, a Ret Pally, a Mage, and myself as heals. We make it to the 2nd to last boss with relatively few issues (had the ret pally die a couple of times, but meh). Now, consider I just turned 85 a couple of days ago, so I'm still getting used to healing in heroics. Tank goes and pulls. 30 sec later the melee dies due to getting stunned while in the crunch-zone. I pop c/d's and mana pot trying to keep tank and mage up, but in the end I go oom and die.

This happens multiple times with the Warrior nerd-raging the whole time, yelling at us to keep DoTs on him to break the stun (conveniently forgetting to tell us about the reflective shield), and us wondering why our DoTs werent breaking anything. All the while the tank was just all out bashing on us until I finally put in my 2cents. I tell the melee to gtfo when the giant yells his emote before he starts charging up his crunch-zone. Once I let that out we finally managed to down him. Fortunately, we finished the rest of the run with relative ease, thank go. :)
85 Goblin Priest
I'm returning after a long break, & let me tell you leveling is soo much fun now. But the best has to be all the nub tanks that have no idea what it takes to heal. I've got a shammy & druid am been tanking/healing since before BC.

The tank the other day in SFK just thought it was okay to run into a room go out of line of sight while I had like 10% mana. I let him die...

Ahh come on you know you all miss the days of leveling ... with nub tanks.
85 Worgen Druid
Same issue.
If I am not near u, dont pull.
3 Wipes in Razorfen, same place same tank.
4th time they waited.
Guess what, all done.
85 Worgen Hunter
I've just started healing heroics again. I've raid healed in the past, and have healed regulars for quite some time, and I'm more than geared for heroics.

But if I look at Tanky Tank and he's in blues, and no gems or enchants, I'm going to ask for CC. And if I ask for it, FFS please don't break sheep/froggy/trap, etc. What the heck is up with these bad tanks who apparently look at CC as an insult to their epeen? Right off the bat some of them will smash a sheep, leaving me to have to work my butt off on a pull that should be trivialized by even one sheep.

And don't get me started on tanks who can't seem to figure out that if they are my focus target maybe, just maybe, I should be theirs? Is is that hard to see if I'm in range and/or drinking?

To be honest what I find is that the better I heal the more the tank and/or DPS decide that they can do any ol' garbage they want to. It's the curse of healing well. You are their safety net and they can do whatever they want. So that DK in PVP gear and dual wielding in blood spec, who's your tank? Yup. You created that by not matching his craptastic build and gear.

8 Orc Shaman
On my resto sham on Ozruk:

Tank and pally dps keep standing in shatter. Like.. they don't even attempt to run out. Somehow it doesn't kill them (though it comes close every time). Don't know why I was healing them. Then the tank turns Ozruk to the group and he does his frontal cone/spikes and we all die.
Tank: ??????? howd u die. fail heals
Me: /facepalm

On my ilvl 333 (in other words, not yet geared enough to heal all kinds of stupid) resto druid in H Stonecore:

I get ported in to find the group in progress on those giants between Corborus and the dragon boss. Before I even had time to hit MotW or even see where we were or were the tank was, the tank runs forward and pulls. I quickly scramble to figure out what direction he ran and one of the red explode-y guys spawns, ranged dps ignore it, and it blows up leaving me and the 2 ranged at 5% health. Meanwhile nobody is jumping for quake and since I'm healing everybody up from the exploding crystal, one dps dies. Another crystal spawns and explodes. The quake happens and another dps dies. I looked at damage taken and the two dps that died took more damage than the tank. Healing done showed something like 14k hps, which is just unnecessary for that particular mob.
Dk dps that was doing 5k: Whats up with the heals?
Me (thinking): What's up with your dps?

I hate people.
85 Tauren Druid
I ran into H Vortex the other day... last boss my first thought was easy valor. My second thought is why is heals getting replaced on last boss.

First thing out of the tanks mouth: Healz you know how to dispel right?

first thing out of my mouth is: You know how to jump right?

First thing out of a dps's mouth: I"m a caster and it takes to long to jump so just deal with it.

I said: okay this is going to be interesting.

Tanks says: just dispel me and !@#$ or gtfo.

So I take what he say so heart I dispel him and myself the whole fight dps die first time around and start the yelling about me not dispelling them.

I say sorry tank said to just dispel him.
dps say l2p #%$ just wipe it then.

Me and the tank stay alive through the whole fight finish the place and then the dps want a rez.

I politely tell them to start walking we gear roll and I drop.
86 Human Priest
hehe treepuncher you handled that perfectly you didnt facilitate a wipe, but at the same time let mouthbreathre dps take a dirt nap

my problem stems from peoples inability to learn the fight, im not talking about going to watch videos but after we wipe on a boss, say..... thorungus in GrimBatol, tank is a dummy and doesnt run from the encumbered phase (where the boss moves really slow, 1st clue, has a big mace 2nd clue, dbm yells at you, hes encumbered, where anyone with a 5th grade level vocabulary knows, hes moving slow...
We die and res, i tell the tank you have to run, RUN from it, he goes lol and pulls the boss again, dies the same way, when hes dead he types in all caps, can i get a heal?

I ask him as im healing, um, why didnt you run, i told you exactly how to do it...
i dont read chat, its a waste of time
(ive gotten that response 6 times in a month)

2nd story, (dunno what it is about GB but it makes people act stupid)
BRC it seems to be a guild run, Tank is a DK in pvp gear whos gemming haste, with pvp shoulders reforged to spirit
everyones doing round 10k.. except for the warrior whos doing 5k, (hes dps) and goes derpaderp dead when fat ogre guy (fog) whirlwinds. fog goes down slowly and the mage in his infinite wisdom and unfailing sagacity blinks right into a pack of mobs, tank picks them up, now i have a choice, do i not cast this flash heal and unfailingly ensure my own demise? or do i cast it and let this poor tank live so that the kids behind the computer can think that they are doing it right

Ofc i chose the wrong one and healed the tank with 0.1% left on bosses health but he then gets killed by mobs, as do i

We run back and im praying the shiled doesnt drop (did i mention the warrior has 2 agility items and a agi pole arm, is arms but thinks a main source of damage for him is rend) for the moron warrior

By we i mean me
I ask the warrior why he didnt run back,
he replies im lazy like that, to which i respond with me sitting back down and drinking to replenish my already full mana pool
Healz res the warr plz
ummm
cmon! why not?
because im lazy like that
.... silence
cmon! res him!
he can run back like every one else
*priest is booted*

100 Human Paladin
09/04/2011 09:29 AMPosted by Stamina
You created that by not matching his craptastic build and gear.

Yes and no. I'm absolutely positive there are abysmally spec'd healers out there with stam gems and agility weapons. It's just we don't see them in this forum.
1 Human Mage
09/04/2011 11:09 PMPosted by Sarakatawen
You created that by not matching his craptastic build and gear.

Yes and no. I'm absolutely positive there are abysmally spec'd healers out there with stam gems and agility weapons. It's just we don't see them in this forum.

I met one of them while on my warrior while in H SC maybe a week ago.

I was DPSing(arms spec because I refuse to go fury...and this guy doesn't raid but once a month), tank was this really nice pally(she was practically a saint, helping me out as I explained the boss fight to the healer, being totally patient as the healer went on and on about irrelevant stuff....) and the healer was this, umm, SLOW druid.

First boss, we wipe on first under ground phase due to the healer standing in the wrong spot and getting one shot while he had WG, Rejuve and LB rolling on himself, and standing in efflo(which he used SM on me while I was a full health for some odd reason...), then wondered how he had died with so much healing on him. We try again, and again, he dies, but this attempt we manage to, thanks to the tank rotating cooldowns and me taunting while standing FAR away so the tank could DL herself(we were whispering the strategy to each other) and the mage and hunter burned the boss(both were 10K+ DPS, and I was around 15k or so).

On the way to Slabhide, I notice something is kinda, funky with his healing. I know the adds during corobus love to eat the healer, so I can understand him rolling LB on himself, but he was doing it again here, and only use HT and WG to heal the tank(he kept using SM on me as well...). So I inspect him, I look at his sec first, and notice a few things off Right away (this is his spec: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0cZfZrfhczfMkRuo ), his talents are a mess. Then I look at his gear .... It seems he likes Spirit and (wait for it ...) Dodge for reforges, and he was gemmed for Dodge/Hit in most sockets, one pure mastery gems, and his meta was the + armor one... He had the Epic therazane shoulder enchant ... for plate DPS, a resil head enchant from wrath, and his weapon( a staff) was enchanted for Mending. He was also using the Blood of Isilet Trinket, with mastery reforged to dodge...and Soul Casket, with mastery reforged to dodge.

All of this is just utterly stupefying me, but I let the tank know, and she inspects him, and replies back:
Tank(whisper): Good gawd, no wonder he is having so much trouble.
Me(whisper): it gets worse, he is using SM on me, and keeping LBx3 on himself.
Tank(whisper): This will be interesting.
Me(whisper) I've got your back on slab.
Tank(whisper): thanks.

So, on the way to slabhide, the druid stands in the black circles, asks what they are in chat ... as he gets killed by it. The tank patiently rezzes him while I explain. We hen go to the boss, the tank and I give a rundown of the fight, the healer says "got it" and then dies maybe 20 sec in from standing in a fire puddle .... Because it was where his Efflo was... He dropped SM onto me(again) about 2 seconds before the patch started forming, he then ran into it to stand in efflo and died.

So, the tank and I do the same long range taunting strat while she DL's herself, and we kill the boss.

On Ozruk, we let him know to put a dot on the boss so he wont get stunned, and that this is mostly a tanking fight. He says "got it" then proceeds to spam Wrath on the boss while keeping moonfire and insect swarm up, not healing At all. Unsurprisingly, he is DPSing thru the Reflect, and kills himself. The 4 of us manage to kill the boss however, barely(I was a tad bit slow getting out of shatter near the end) and the tank was getting dangerously low.

We rez the druid, explain that he needs to heal on that fight, and then we go on to Azil.

The druid stands Right near the entrance to the area, not even Close to where the gravity wells are being dropped, so I decide to to the right thing, and instead of letting the adds kill him(at least he is healing this fight) I go and play OT and keep him safe. But ultimately it was not enough, he gets hit by a shard and one shot(big surprise), but the pally managed to stay alive long enough to kill the boss with the 4 of us just pounding into her to burn her fast.

Afterwards I asked the druid if I could talk to him, the pally stayed too(she said she had an 85 resto druid earlier), he said sure ... then dropped group right as the loot rolling finished.
90 Blood Elf Priest
ok, so I'm curious, there is people from Horde in this threads too, but I see more Alliance than anything, why?
85 Draenei Shaman
09/05/2011 01:57 AMPosted by Jenblack
ok, so I'm curious, there is people from Horde in this threads too, but I see more Alliance than anything, why?
Because everyone knows that at least 1/2 of all Alliance players are 13 year old kids trying to be a Leeeeegggolaazzz or some other such crap. The only reason I don't play Horde right now is because the Horde population on my server is 1/16th the Alliance population on here, and I like my groups. Plus my friends refuse to faction/server change. =\
92 Human Priest
I once joined a heroic and checked the "tank (paladin)" buffs.

Me: Paladin can you please put on Righteous Fury?
Tank: Wat iz dat?
Me: /leave
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Last night – vortex pinnacle

I zone in and our groups looks decent – Mage, Druid (tank), Rogue, Hunter and Me so I’m thinking YAY FOR CC!! <3

I ask right off the bat “Everyone know the fights?” everyone responds “Yes”, so far so good! I quickly inspect the druid tank who has nice gear (for his lvl), gems and spec :D
Just as I’m starting to think how nice this run will be the tank pulls and then he did something I have never seen before ....
He ran in as a bear and then ran BACK TO ME as a troll (just normal/caster form?!?!?) and THEN proceeded to try and pull all the mobs off of me (as I just pulled huge agro trying to heal him while he was running towards me in normal form) in kitty form o.O

I blew all my CD’s and somehow managed to keep everyone alive while having at least one mob pound on me the whole time. Needless to say I whispered the tank and politely asked what was going on? Even the rogue said something along the lines of WTF?!?!? He doesn’t respond and does it again on the second pull – runs in as a bear, runs back as a troll... not so fortunate this time and we wipe :(

Thankfully after we wiped he left group, we re-qued, got a Pally, finished and ran a couple more :)

<3 yay for happy endings and prot pallies

I’ve never played a tank or feral druid before so I don’t know if that is some kind of strat they use or if it somehow helps them tank but I have NEVER seen that before and hope to god I never do again! I assumed that it must have been someone playing on his toon as his gear, spec and gems looked good? Also I don't think I've ever met a tank who thought it was a good idea to pull a group and then run back directly towards the healer lol.

He did it to get vote kicked so he wouldn't get the debuff from just leaving.
85 Troll Shaman
First thing out of the tanks mouth: Healz you know how to dispel right?

first thing out of my mouth is: You know how to jump right?

The tank's question was a valid one and you acted like a prick.
You could rephase his question as "healer do you have the dispel talent?" and you took it as a stab at your e-honor or something.

Just yesterday I had this cute little paladin who didn't spec into dispel magic and told us nothing as we got to the last boss on H VP (actually he said 'go go go' when the tank asked if everyone was ready). You see, I can't read minds and it would be nice to know that the fight is now super hard nightmare mode and I'm not allowed to make a mistake. We wiped due to people getting clinged through the fight and the healer not being able to dispel it. Once the healer finally admited not specing into magic dispel we just got wiser and avoided all clings and finished the run.

So no, asking if the healer knows how to dispel is not rude.
85 Troll Priest
"Well it's got better DPS than the 2H I was using. I just dinged 85 and needed to get some gear."

^ Direct quote from a Ret Pally in Heroic Lost City yesterday, when the tank asked why they were using a 1-hander.
1 Human Mage
09/05/2011 04:32 AMPosted by Ironcast
Because everyone knows that at least 1/2 of all Alliance players are 13 year old kids trying to be a Leeeeegggolaazzz or some other such crap. =\

This is pretty much it. I run into A LOT of children/immature people on alliance side. On horde side, not so much but ... I run into more griefers on horde than alliance, on alliance it is usually people who either don't know or don't understand what they are doing.
90 Draenei Shaman
This is pretty much it. I run into A LOT of children/immature people on alliance side. On horde side, not so much but ... I run into more griefers on horde than alliance, on alliance it is usually people who either don't know or don't understand what they are doing.

This is my problem exactly...I've even tried starting over on multiple servers, but I tend to still see the same childish behaviour. I know there are good alliance players out there, but I have yet to be grouped with them :(

I've made it my WoW-mission to find them though!
1 Human Mage
09/05/2011 12:13 PMPosted by Tonkpilsette

This is my problem exactly...I've even tried starting over on multiple servers, but I tend to still see the same childish behaviour. I know there are good alliance players out there, but I have yet to be grouped with them :(

I've made it my WoW-mission to find them though!

I wish you good luck, we are few and far between, but when you find us, we are next to perfect ... most of the time(mistakes do happen ... like that agility/mastery gem I accidentally put into my druids resto helm instead of his feral helm .... What? I was, umm, distracted ...).
On my druid, the last fight in Utgarde Keep.

Everything went fine, everyone was fully healed at the end of the fight - except for the rogue, who was being beat on by some left over attack from the now dead boss. He dies before I have a chance to cast a heal.

Rogue: Rez

Of course, I was already in the middle of rezzing him, the cast bar halfway filled, as was my fiance who was druid tanking. He cancelled his rez, and I did the same for mine. We both dropped group and let him walk back.

Now, I'm not the type to do that often, but seriously. Do not sit there and repeatedly tell me to do something. Nine out of ten times, I'm going to rez you, unless you pull a stunt like that.

Oh, and the constant 'Heals! HEALS. HEALSS!' while I'm in the middle of spamming my heals. Get over yourself, you -will- get a heal, I'm not just going to sit there and let you die on purpose.... unless you really, really, really irritate me. Then I might accidentally forget you. ;)
85 Tauren Druid
Pug mage in ZG "Mind if I need on the agility ring? It has a lot of crit and mastery!"

So I inspect the guy, and sure enough he is wearing a strength neck, two agility rings (one from the firelands dailies) and a bunch of blue heroic or pvp gear, none of it gemmed or enchanted. His dps was low, and the other dps weren't really doing enough to carry him. We were ok until Jindo, where he kept getting targetted for the jumps, and he was never standing near the bubbles. He also didn't hop into the bubble in P1. After the first wipe we explain the fight to him. After the second wipe when he made most of the same mistakes, and didn't handle the adds, we votekicked him.

We get a shadowpriest. "Do you know this fight?" "Yes." "Please focus on adds, since you're the only ranged dps" We pull the boss. Shadowpriest isn't on a bubble any of the three times that he gets jumped, and doesn't touch the twisted spirits. Votekick.

We get another mage. He stood on bubbles, dpsed adds, and we easily downed Jindo. Aaugh on dps that won't admit they don't know what they're supposed to do, and don't do what you ask them to.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]