Things you don't want to hear healing PuGs 3

85 Goblin Shaman
Block of text inc!!
Ok so this happened today when I joined a random ZG and for the first time I actually yelled in real life at my computer. Pally tank, Mage, Rogue, DK.
I join half way through the ZG, ask why the other healer left, no answer.
Tank pulls, no CC on flamecaster, very close to a wipe because nobody was even attacking the flame caster. Just barely making it through one trash pull and losing all my mana in the process. I check the tanks health, 168k, I inspect him, half of his gear was ret gear, for pvp-.- I have healed through close to that before so I dont say anything.
We get to the boss (I forget what he is called but he has the hatchlings) The tank asked if everyone was ready and everyone said they were ready. I assumed they knew the fight, nobody took out the adds, the rogue just loved fire, the tank forced me to spam GHW on him the whole fight with a few breaks to heal up the Dps.
We wiped because there was way to many hatchlings on me to heal through.
Me-Have you even been here before?
No reply
Me-Rogue how hard is it to stand out of the fire
Rogue-You could have just healed me through it
Me- I couldn't I was spamming GHW on the tank to keep him up the whole time.
Tank-i think it was actually your healz
Me- You are the worst tank i have been with in a long time
Tank- i havnt had a problem until you
Me- I've been carrying you from when I got here
Tank- your just a bad healz
Me- Good luck
/leave
I feel better already
(Edit:Fixed Errors)
Edited by Loneturtle on 9/7/2011 5:54 PM PDT
83 Blood Elf Paladin
Lost City of Tol'vir: (Before pulling the first group after the 1st boss)

Tank: We're skipping 2nd boss.
Mage: uhh...we're coming back for him right?
Tank: sure we'll come back for 50g from each of you.
Me: We're not even from your server. Even if we were I wouldn't pay you anything.
Tank: then !@#$ and heal me we're skipping it.
Me: you realize you can't skip him right?

*you have been removed from the group*
Really...

Lich king: heroic COT Strat

Tank: alright pay me.
Me as well as the dps: what?
Tank: I'm not going anywhere until all of you pay me 100g each.
Me: that Heroic ICC gear has gone to your head.
Rogue: We're not even from the same server...
Tank: then I guess you don't want a good timed run.
*tank drops*
I see a guildy log on his alt which doesn't have the drake.

Me to guildy: Hey, want a bronze drake for that alt of yours?
Guildy: Yeah!!!
We finish the run and he gets the mount
Edited by Lumine on 9/7/2011 6:58 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I usually tank raids/heroics but i finally decided to try healing on this guy, i had some healing gear with 2-3 tank pieces from firelands but i had no problem healing normal dungeons for practice so i decide to try my first heroic, prepared to leave if i cant do the job right.

First heroic as healer: Heroic Deadmines

TAnk is wearing mostly pvp gear with ret stuff, i decide to stay because im kinda doing the same with wearing some tank gear but im ready for a fun ride. 2nd trash pull with 1 ogre and bunch of miners? heal my !@# off but tank die because he takes too much dmg. I tell him that he is hard to heal with all his dps gear and ask him to use some cc so its easier for both of us (we have a mage and hunter in the group btw). Get to the 2 big ogres that hit really hard. We wiped on it because the tank died too fast and dps didnt focus on same target. I get the usual *heals?* that you guys get from fails. I then let him know again that healing a pvp geared stacking stam pally isnt gonna be easy even if i had full heal gear...We go again and we actually manage to get the 2 first bosses down with minimal casualities. Get to the pull with 2 evokers and all those miners, no ccs the tank run it and get 3 shotted. He leaves without saying anything, i offer to tank the rest of the run, no complains about me, all about the tank :). I tank it until we get to foe reaper but nobody wants to do prototype. Gave it one attempt,wiped,I left then, i know how it ends most of the time :(

I'm getting a guildy to tank for me my next runs for training, Thank god for guildies who know how to tank and keep the healer in mind when they do pulls :)
85 Gnome Priest
"Are you ready healz???????"

"No. I'm just spamming renew, beaming a prayer of mending at the back of your head, and tossing a bubble on you with full mana because I have nothing else better to do."
83 Blood Elf Paladin

"No. I'm just spamming renew, beaming a prayer of mending at the back of your head, and tossing a bubble on you with full mana because I have nothing else better to do."

I hate when they ask "ready?" after I've been spamming all of that for more than 2min.

70 Night Elf Priest
"SHADOW PREIST Y U NO HEAL ME?!"

As if Shadowform isn't a clue...

It's not really anything they say.. it's what they do.

Pulling entire rooms without warning me, and then telling me how bad I am and dropping group.

or,

Not waiting for my mana. Not only can you see the bar, but I do /oom and type Mana in party chat.
- World of Warcraft
85 Blood Elf Paladin
"rez me"
"heal me"
86 Human Priest
There is nothing more embarassing for a tank to cause the group to wipe and when he asks what happened, the healer responsed i wanst ready

thats why tanks always ask it before a pull, just as a safety measure, not to be rude
86 Human Priest
09/07/2011 07:44 PMPosted by Aakeem
Not waiting for my mana. Not only can you see the bar, but I do /oom and type Mana in party chat.

I hate that too!
I try to give them a warning like "After this pull I'll need mana"
Yet some still don't wait... -_-

OR! saying you have to leave, on that rare occasion real life tears you away from the game, an example
H SFK after 1st boss, tank is pulling big ugo monsters into hallway
me: after this pull i gotta go
*says it again in /say incase someone has party chat turned off
whispers the tank the same message,
the moron keeps pulling
Hey! after this i gotta go!
*i run to the back of the hallway and as the tank runs to the doorway i life grip him back to me, thats a good 3 seconds of flight time and being turned to face me,

the moron keeps running down the hall as i yell stop, now of course im already late so i apologize to the group and leave the tank in a pile of ghouls with his health at 30%

However i havent had a problem with a tank not waiting for my mana in months (probably because i never run out of mana, but heh, i grossly outgear 346 heroics)
90 Human Paladin

I hate that question. My mana is at 90% and I'm stacking my mastery on you.

Would you like me to pull as an answer? Wouldn't be the first time.
85 Tauren Druid
First thing out of the tanks mouth: Healz you know how to dispel right?

first thing out of my mouth is: You know how to jump right?

The tank's question was a valid one and you acted like a prick.
You could rephase his question as "healer do you have the dispel talent?" and you took it as a stab at your e-honor or something.

Just yesterday I had this cute little paladin who didn't spec into dispel magic and told us nothing as we got to the last boss on H VP (actually he said 'go go go' when the tank asked if everyone was ready). You see, I can't read minds and it would be nice to know that the fight is now super hard nightmare mode and I'm not allowed to make a mistake. We wiped due to people getting clinged through the fight and the healer not being able to dispel it. Once the healer finally admited not specing into magic dispel we just got wiser and avoided all clings and finished the run.

So no, asking if the healer knows how to dispel is not rude.

No it is rude when the first thing I do is inspect people instead of asking stupid questions. If the tank had taken the fist 20seconds to inspect my build that did include the dispel magic part he would have found out that I did know how to spec and gear but instead he decided to ask a dumb question rather then do that.

Allso calling me "healz" bugs the crap out of me.
90 Human Paladin
Eh. I don't mind being asked if I'm ready. At least it shows some preliminary awareness of others in the party. I would much prefer being asked if I'm ready all the time then to have a tank just charge off while I'm waiting to come out of combat so I can drink.
90 Troll Druid

Did you know that 3 stacks of lifebloom is the universal sign for "don't pull yet, tank"? I didn't either.
90 Human Paladin

The tank's question was a valid one and you acted like a prick.
You could rephase his question as "healer do you have the dispel talent?" and you took it as a stab at your e-honor or something.

Just yesterday I had this cute little paladin who didn't spec into dispel magic and told us nothing as we got to the last boss on H VP (actually he said 'go go go' when the tank asked if everyone was ready). You see, I can't read minds and it would be nice to know that the fight is now super hard nightmare mode and I'm not allowed to make a mistake. We wiped due to people getting clinged through the fight and the healer not being able to dispel it. Once the healer finally admited not specing into magic dispel we just got wiser and avoided all clings and finished the run.

So no, asking if the healer knows how to dispel is not rude.

No it is rude when the first thing I do is inspect people instead of asking stupid questions. If the tank had taken the fist 20seconds to inspect my build that did include the dispel magic part he would have found out that I did know how to spec and gear but instead he decided to ask a dumb question rather then do that.

Allso calling me "healz" bugs the crap out of me.

Something about one of my addons breaks inspect. I have approximately five seconds to see what I'm going to see before all the information just disappears. I usually just go to the armory to see stuff, but half the names I see have special characters.

The question was phrased stupid, but not a bad question. I should have asked the same question when healing Argaloth tonight since the other healer did only a quarter of the dispels. Being spec'd for it doesn't mean you use it.
90 Human Paladin
ZG. DK dps. *cringe* With a name that was just gross and probably should be reported... but anyway...

Things were... okay. DK pulls a lot of aggro off the pally. (Well geared, gemmed, knew-what-he-was-doing pally.) But it's fine. We get through most of it okay.
Then, Zanzil goes down, even though DK didn't help at all with adds, the awesome mage and hunter took them out and kept them off of me. (Thank you thank you thank you!)

DK- OH YEAH! 21k dps! I was on the boss how time!
-What's you gear score?!
Me- What?
DK- What's your gear score?
Me- That part was clear. It was the sentence before that which was clear as mud.

No response. We continue. At Jindo, though, things went oh so bad. First, this DK (who had told us he's 12) decides that he doesn't need to get under the protection of the pretty dome and dies. We wipe due to a lack of dps.

Tank- Wtf happened?
Me- I got overrun by mobs while the two ALIVE dps were trying to take out chains and mobs at the same time. Because someone with leet gear decided that shiney gearscore of his would do the same as the dome for his health bar. (sarcastic yes, but the guy had really pushed my buttons by this point.)
DK- I can't help it, my 12 year old brother keeps fighting me.
Me- I thought you were 12....
Tank- Are you sure it wasn't your supermodel girlfriend? (lols all around)
Me- No, it was his super-spy dad!
DK- That's not funny
Hunter- That was so funny
DK- Yeah, if you're in your mid 30s. (huh?!)
Me- Nope, mid 20s and I still think it's funny.
DK- That's because you're a homosexual. (HUH?!)
-no one responds, we begin the fight again-
In the MIDDLE OF THE FIGHT
DK- You probably still live with your parents, don't you heals?
Me- (Now really angry because we're wiping for the 5th time on this boss) My parents are dead. (Which, to be fair, is true. And I haven't lived with them for 7 years.)
DK- Sure they are, gay boi.
Me- I'm a girl, moron.
DK- Sure you are.
At this point, we've been trying like mad to kick him, but we keep getting the stupid "just out of combat" message. We FINALLY down the boss (DK dead most of the fight) and he proceeds to tell us how leet he is, while we are, at this point, simply stunned at the sheer amount of idiocy spewing from his mouth. Poor tank just leaves, hunter whispers an apology to me, even though they weren't even on the same realm, and my mage friend and I both quickly leave the party.

While not a healing-specific story, I was sorely tempted to let him die and die and die and die and die......
86 Draenei Shaman
09/08/2011 11:38 PMPosted by Evylyna
While not a healing-specific story, I was sorely tempted to let him die and die and die and die and die.....

Well, if it's any consolation...it sounds like he was pretty good at doing that himself :P
90 Human Paladin
09/09/2011 10:12 AMPosted by Tonkpilsette
While not a healing-specific story, I was sorely tempted to let him die and die and die and die and die.....

Well, if it's any consolation...it sounds like he was pretty good at doing that himself :P

Lol it does make me feel a bit better. But he would have died MOAR! /cry!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]