Random suggestion, change to hammer of wrath

85 Orc Death Knight
Just happened to come to mind, so I thought I'd throw it out there.

Cooldown removed
Health requirement removed
Reduced damage slightly so it won't be holy jesus OP
Make it give a debuff though, that lasts for say.. 6 seconds. You can't use hammer of wrath on a target effected by this debuff. - OR Make it give you a buff that lasts for 6 seconds, and having the buff prevents you from being able to cast hammer of wrath
The debuff / buff will in some way benefit your ability to do damage. I was unable to think of something, but I'm sure someone could say something cool that everyone would agree with.

The talent Sanctified Wrath(?) would have to be remade around this some how too though. Like.. maybe remove it's usage restriction or just effect a different ability that would benefit rets more than how it does now.

A second suggestion would be to change Holy Wrath instead of hammer of wrath with a similar idea as above.

Like..
Cooldown greatly lowered
Now attacks 1 or 2 targets instead of infinite.
Damage increased because it's damage is pathetic right now
ect ect.
Reply Quote
44 Human Mage
This post is so poorly written that one cannot actually begin to critique its content.

Any thesis concealed in the confused ebb and flow that audaciously masquerades as subject will elude even the most intuitive and acute mind. Such a person would not be able to ward a glaring distraction caused by fundamentally unsound displays of writing and grammar.

One will find that the sane mind's only rational response to this text is to simply declare that it is poorly written.

[EDIT]: I stand corrected; I have concluded that one more thing can be said about this post: its author is either poorly educated, uneducated, or an idiot.
Edited by Killjoy on 8/26/2011 12:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
08/26/2011 12:33 AMPosted by Killjoy
[EDIT]: I stand corrected; I have concluded that one more thing can be said about this post: its author is either poorly educated, uneducated, or an idiot.

Or woke up at 1AM and was half asleep.

But yes, it's a crap post and I feel as if it's not worth improving, as it's just a random idea that wasn't even thoroughly thought out.
Edited by Teehee on 8/26/2011 2:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This post is so poorly written that one cannot actually begin to critique its content.

Any thesis concealed in the confused ebb and flow that audaciously masquerades as subject will elude even the most intuitive and acute mind. Such a person would not be able to ward a glaring distraction caused by fundamentally unsound displays of writing and grammar.

One will find that the sane mind's only rational response to this text is to simply declare that it is poorly written.

Elaborate diction falsified behind callow ramblings does not create the semblence of intelligence, nor does it conclude a fine education.

In short, if you want to prove your vast superiority over someone you will have to create an interesting point, not just insult them with a lot of flowery words :)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Was that post supposed to contain an idea? Firstly, if the useage restriction were removed from HoW, it would advance shockadins, wewt. Secondly, HoW is toothless and I don't know why I can't find a QQ thread, I may have to make one. My HoW hits mobs (MOBS!!!) for 37k. That's not even 10% of a mob's health! Is it supposed to be a killing blow or isn't it? 37k won't finish anything that isn't already finished. I heard that HoW is decent for ret, but the threads here all post lower numbers than 37k. It's only worth using because there are gaps in shockadin rotation, and judgement is even weaker. How about HoW can't be used on targets over 25% ish health, and is worth using on the targets that it can be used on? How's that for an idea??? Avenging wrath is supposed to be a burst, and it is. It's a flat 20% damage increase. Using a finisher to open is just gimmicky and dumb. It's not like ret has gaps in dps rotation, they just use HoW instead of judgement during AW. I remember when HoW was a serious threat to be taken seriously, now it's just something that fills in dps rotation. IMHO hammer of wrath cast by a max geared toon should hit for around 20% of a mob's or player's unbuffed health, so around 80k, 75k even... is that too much to ask? It would crit for 64k on a toon with 60% resil. That seems in line with execute. I don't know how spriest execute is doing, don't have a max level spriest.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]