Feral Druids and Claw

85 Night Elf Druid
Korba, though I agree with your argument, you cannot use Mastery since we are talking about non-ferals using Rake, which would indicate Mastery having 0 effect on Rake.

If there is another on the target that applies a bleed damage increase: Hunter, Sub Rogue, Feral Druid, Arms Warrior, then Rake will also gain that 30%.

Even for a Feral Druid w/ 378 Weapon, with little to no Mastery, Rake hits harder than Mangle (which is MUCH stronger than Claw) on plate targets with 2k+ resilience.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Guys, I'm not talking whatsoever about what Claw does for Feral Druids. Feral Mastery, weapon damage, all that really means little from the perspective of Balance Druids.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
08/28/2011 04:53 PMPosted by Hrothegar
Guys, I'm not talking whatsoever about what Claw does for Feral Druids. Feral Mastery, weapon damage, all that really means little from the perspective of Balance Druids.

So explain what your problem is.

Are you against using Rake and Shred because Claw will do more damage? Then why are you in Cat Form? Also note the fact that on anything but a Target Dummy Rake will do more damage than Claw for less energy.

Are you against the change to Claw because it will make you use Rake and Shred? Why does it matter if the only reason you are in Cat Form is to build CP then you should be using Rake since you build CPs faster?
Edited by Konungr on 8/28/2011 4:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
08/28/2011 04:56 PMPosted by Konungr

So explain what your problem is. Are you against using Rake and Shred because Claw will do more damage? Then why are you in Cat Form? Are you against the change to Claw because it will make you use Rake and Shred, why does it matter if the only reason you are in Cat Form is to build CP then you should be using Rake since you build CPs faster.

My problem is that you want to nitpick the value of 5 energy in a situational use for non-Ferals to support removing the combo point of Claw. In my personal playstyle, for Maim, I rarely, if ever go past 3 CPs because I'm following up a Maim with a Cyclone or a Typhoon -> Root. Rake, Claw, Claw, Maim, (or even just Rake, Claw, Maim) is sufficient.
The full duration stun isn't necessary or time + effort effective.

The Claw combo point is valuable for different reasons at different levels in different scenarios. The others I've already mentioned on the 1st page.

Also, its just bad gameplay and design to spam refresh a DoT.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
My problem is that you want to nitpick the value of 5 energy in a situational use for non-Ferals to support removing the combo point of Claw. In my personal playstyle, for Maim, I rarely, if ever go past 3 CPs because I'm following up a Maim with a Cyclone or a Typhoon -> Root. Rake, Claw, Claw, Maim, (or even just Rake, Claw, Maim) is sufficient.
The full duration stun isn't necessary or time + effort effective.

The Claw combo point is valuable for different reasons at different levels in different scenarios. The others I've already mentioned on the 1st page.

So you are wasting 10 energy and 1 second of energy regen time for a lower damage ability.

I think a worse gameplay would be to use more resources and time for less damage. 1 Rake and 2 Claws is definitely less damage and more energy and time cost than 3 rakes for a non-feral.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
08/28/2011 04:49 PMPosted by Konungr
you cannot use Mastery
ah yes, me being dumb

08/28/2011 05:06 PMPosted by Hrothegar
well this is your own OCD issue, rake has an initial hit regardless of its tick refresh, spamming it on plate = not a bad idea.

nitpick the value of 5 energy
is of some significance since maim costs 35 energy as well and energy default is 10/sec

use 2 claws + 1 rake and this has added 1 second to your wait time for a maim (without an OoC and I certainly would not want to rely on RnG)

if ever go past 3 CPs
Ok so even 1claw+1rake+maim...at best still sounds a damage issue; IF claw = better so be it, missing .1% of damage throughout an entire fight ?
Compensation to non Ferals would need to be made elsewhere.
well, that would be fine by me
how about the fact that you might have access to an ability that hits like mangle if you go OoM? or w/e....... or +50 spell power, whichever you'd like more
Edited by Korba on 8/28/2011 5:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
With a dot on a target that you plan to stun at some point, I would think that this target is the CC one. Every try to CC a target with a dot on it? Unless you are a mage or rogue, it doesn't work out all too well as most CC breaks if you sneeze at it or on a certain amount of damage. That's my 2 cents.

Only problem is that Maim doesn't break under the damage that a non-feral Rake would do.

08/28/2011 07:14 PMPosted by Sevalle
Claw is superior to Rake when it comes to this area and generating combo points because there is no residual DoT when you use claw.

How is a less damaging, more expensive ability better?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
it can be a glyph...

Glyph of claw (major glyph) Claw now grants 617% weapon damage +56 and creates no combos.

or

Glyph of Rake; (major glyph) Rake is 30 energy but no longer awards combo points.

would probably do it just as well,no need for a new button <shrug> so many ways to do this really, just need an option for single adds and improve our combo limitations cause we can't re-direct them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]