Best Alliance race for hunter?

72 Blood Elf Hunter
I've been thinking of faction changing this character, but not sure to which race.
What race has the best racial/weapon expertise for hunters?
I was thinking of going Draenei for the Gift of the Naaru racial, since Surv. is my main spec, and doesn't have a self heal. But other racials (stoneform, every man for himself) seem more useful for a hunter. Your opinion?

Edit: Woops, forgot Gnomes can't be hunters. :P
Edited by Enovaria on 8/31/2011 5:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
i enjoy my worgen hunter alot. it honestly comes down to what you like
Reply Quote
72 Blood Elf Hunter
08/31/2011 05:18 PMPosted by Grimlich
i enjoy my worgen hunter alot. it honestly comes down to what you like

Ah, I would change to Worgen, except that I am of the very few that do not have Cataclysm. xD
So my options are a bit limited, but meh.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
i've played a Night elf since original beta, but that was before they nerfed NE stealth, but after this much time i wouldnt change em....

but with the new race/class combo... i think humans make great hunters since every man for himself racial is beast for hunters since its a free get out of jail card. plus the added faction boost.. it might appear to be the boring route but yea can't beat there racials.
Reply Quote
72 Blood Elf Hunter
i've played a Night elf since original beta, but that was before they nerfed NE stealth, but after this much time i wouldnt change em....

but with the new race/class combo... i think humans make great hunters since every man for himself racial is beast for hunters since its a free get out of jail card. plus the added faction boost.. it might appear to be the boring route but yea can't beat there racials.

I was thinking Human as well, since I've been trying to gain rep with Shattered Sun Offensive and the other BC factions.

I always liked the NE racial, and the reduced chance to be hit, especially if you have a cat.
Very fun for WSG if you're defending.

Hm. Tricky choice.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
Dwarf Hunter the best choice with your gun
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Go worgen or go home.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Play whatever you like and enjoy, really. Racials matter so little* and you're going to be staring at your toon constantly for hours on end. You should like what you see.

You'll see that even in this thread, no one can agree on what's the "best" race. All the races have advantages and all have weaknesses. It all depends on what racial meshes the most with YOUR playstyle. If you BG/Arena a lot, the free trinket you get from being Human might be worth it. If you love guns, you may want to go Dwarf. Night Elf engineers (or those in a level 25 guild) can save the raid from a runback in a pinch. Draenei can heal themselves (and their heal actually kinda matters now).

But at the end of the day, if you don't like the human model, all the advantages in the world won't make you enjoy the toon. IMHO.

*exception: hardcore bleeding edge raiders/arenaheads who squeeze out every last percentage of a point of opportunity and advantage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]