The *NEW* Worgen racial mounts ain't new...

85 Worgen Warrior
Am I the only one finding hilarious that they portrayed Gilneans as 1800's British bourgeois vs the more like "medieval" Lordaeron human, yet they'll tackle them saddle-less on mustangs like a bunch of indigenous people?

Might as well replace Gilnean top hats with feather headdresses.
90 Dwarf Shaman
What he said.

You guys shouldve used a white stallion color instead since they dont exsist anymore.
100 Night Elf Warrior
09/01/2011 01:58 PMPosted by Diabetichero
Alliance gets a free pony and then complains, awesome.

Reused and worse looking ponies that still require exalted to get. Nothing to complain about at all...
100 Blood Elf Paladin
09/01/2011 11:44 AMPosted by Lucard
Blizzard thinks we are plain stupid?
Haha trust me they dont have to "think" that, they found out a few years ago

lololol

Thanks for making me laugh:)
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Such low quality. I wouldn't expect this from a 4.3 preview. You could've added a saddle and copy pasted Gilnean tabards on each side of it. More than half the community would still praise you. Instead, this just comes off as a phoned in change, and you pretty much just acknowledge that like it's no big deal.

You mention clarifying the reasoning behind the mounts, as if people didn't understand fully why you implemented it and that is why they are upset. They are upset because they know exactly why you inserting these mounts. This "problem" was barely on any ones radar and bringing it up in a preview like this, in what looks like such a rushed job, was a huge mistake.

Just cut your losses and give up on "explaining" what you tried to do. Now that you have brought this into the limelight you need to buckle down and insert some actual mounts, not re-skins. You got yourselves into this mess and now you need to dig out of the hole you've put yourselves in. It'll take some serious hard work and might even take away from some of the other things you had planned to do in the update. There's some serious hate circulating due to this and if you care what your customers think then you need to fix this.
Edited by Slaenesh on 9/1/2011 2:06 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
It would be nice if you change the colors of the horses, so they are not the identical ones we already have...

I don't think you can have the palomino without armor.. nor the white one.. give us those.
55 Dwarf Death Knight
Am I the only one finding hilarious that they portrayed Gilneans as 1800's British bourgeois vs the more like "medieval" Lordaeron human, yet they'll tackle them saddle-less on mustangs like a bunch of indigenous people?

Might as well replace Gilnean top hats with feather headdresses.

Indeed!

How is one expected to enjoy a glass of brandy while riding bareback?! It's uncivilized!
85 Night Elf Hunter
09/01/2011 12:37 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Be honest: that's the problem. People are makin' a big deal outta this 'cause you made a big deal outta this.

Perhaps.

The intention wasn't really to hype this up, so much as to simply inform and reduce confusion. Our thought was, rather than let these be introduced without any context via data-mining, that it seemed like a better idea to introduce them ourselves with a bit of context.

I've got one word for you, to sum up how alot of people feel about this.

LAZY!

That's what I have been seeing from alot of people. I'm sorry, but I think they're right. You are being lazy on this. You're giving us mounts that we already have.

Can't you be more creative? Is it really that hard?
90 Human Paladin
Really horses? Really?

I am disappointed, not even close to the Goblin mount.

I didn't believe it before but you all really do favor horde.
85 Blood Elf Priest
personally I think they're kinda cool looking(I like them better than the stormwind horses anyway.) for the qqers I'm sorry they didn't put glitter in their manes and make them poop rainbows but come on...would you rather the devs spend their time creating new end game content or adding streamers to your horses tail.
41 Gnome Priest
09/01/2011 02:04 PMPosted by Darbee
personally I think they're kinda cool looking(I like them better than the stormwind horses anyway.) for the qqers I'm sorry they didn't put glitter in their manes and make them poop rainbows but come on...would you rather the devs spend their time creating new end game content or adding streamers to your horses tail.

I would actually much rather have them not do anything at all then add the exact same mounts that are already in the game (minus the saddle).

It's just laziness that shows a lack of pride in their work.
20 Dwarf Hunter
I would like them even more if only the human form could ride them. The models look wierd up on top of a horse in worgen form. Leave the worgen mount running wild, let the humans ride the horsey.

I think that would make more sense anyways.
32 Draenei Hunter

http://www.wowhead.com/item=12353#screenshots:id=50575
http://www.wowhead.com/item=12354#screenshots:id=165562

These mounts should have been the gilneas rep mounts.

The white and palomino unarmored horses.

We already have access to the mounts they are adding in.
85 Blood Elf Priest
I've got one word for you, to sum up how alot of people feel about this.

LAZY!

I've got one word and one sort of word for this whole thread...

UNGRATEFUL QQERS

(I used caps...that makes me sound smart)

edit: worgens already have a mount...the fact that you now technically have two more that will count towards mount achievement is just something extra blizz decided to give you since everyone wanted that...if you don't like the look don't buy them. problem solved.
Edited by Darbee on 9/1/2011 2:13 PM PDT
100 Human Rogue

Frankly, I don't know why the mount designers are in the raid designing room. Get out of there!

More seriously, different teams do different things. I don't know why some people don't understand this.
90 Troll Shaman
http://www.wowhead.com/item=12353#screenshots:id=50575
http://www.wowhead.com/item=12354#screenshots:id=165562

These mounts should have been the gilneas rep mounts.

The white and palomino unarmored horses.

We already have access to the mounts they are adding in.

Then you'd just have the people who kept theirs from before they were removed whining about what they had to work hard for being handed out to newbies just like the people who don't want T3 available in any alternate form from mogging.
85 Night Elf Priest
"for your horse needs"

might take that as a new tag line
85 Night Elf Priest
i appreciate that the mount achievements will now even between factions but am a little gutted that my dreams of owning a Jack the Ripper style Hansom Cab are over...

Pretty please consider adding a Gilneas Hansom Cab as a mount for Alliance players only. I don't care if you put a 50k price tag on it. It would fit well into the Worgen theme, would look fantastic in SW and would give Alliance players something as cool/cooler than the go-karts.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]