The *NEW* Worgen racial mounts ain't new...

85 Troll Warlock
09/01/2011 02:33 PMPosted by Sharkon
Six and five.

That's okay, I like saying five and four.
The biggest problem I have with this is that it is painfully obviously a placation tactic. "Here, shut up the masses and throw some more horses in there." That's pretty insulting, dudes. At least some new skins could have been slapped together? Black pinto and Buckskin maybe? There, easy stuff. Give me about 20 minutes, I'll have those skins for you. Oh wait, I don't live in TX or CA so I couldn't apply to try in vain to help with issues like this.
90 Troll Mage
Don't the Horde already complain about Taurens still not having Plainstriding while Worgen have Running Wild? I don't care either way I did the grind on Goblin rep for an easy 50th since I already had the 100 mounts in Lich King.
90 Night Elf Warrior
09/01/2011 02:26 PMPosted by Waffletime
People asked for worgen mounts, they got them. I don't see any problem here. Get over your sense of entitlement issues please.

why not just make running wild count as a mount? seems its the easier fix and no one would have ''QQ'' in the first place...another example of bad pr from a company that tries to bend over backwards to please everybody..you would think they would be pro's when it comes to pr by now

edit..the would have to charge the normal in game fee for the running wild ability
Edited by Aquraghma on 9/1/2011 2:40 PM PDT
66 Gnome Mage
Blizzard,

I'd like to suggest applying different colored skins to these mounts to at least distinguish them from the Human horses. The following pictures are the in-game pack mule skins applied to the riding horse model. I think it would look excellent with a bit of tweaking.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/alinaya/screenshot_109.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/alinaya/screenshot_110.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/alinaya/screenshot_111.jpg
90 Troll Shaman
I would have no 'new' mounts than this. These are identical to mounts already in the gamine. Goblins got two new unique models not found anywhere else. Not only do we get a stale, reused model that was included with launch... you didn't even bother to recolor them.

Yes, players have been asking for worgen mounts since Cata launch. This is NOT what we meant.

Run.

Ing.

Wild.

Most of the complaints about the lack of worgen rep mounts came from collectors who were going to be disadvantaged due to the lack of mounts to count toward their total. The new horses settle that. The worgen still have the most unique mount in the entire game, a mount that only their race can use.
85 Troll Warlock
09/01/2011 02:37 PMPosted by Aquraghma
People asked for worgen mounts, they got them. I don't see any problem here. Get over your sense of entitlement issues please.

why not just make running wild count as a mount? seems its the easier fix and no one would have ''QQ'' in the first place...another example of bad pr from a company that tries to bend over backwards to please everybody..you would think they would be pro's when it comes to pr by now

Because only Worgen can learn Running Wild, and there's only one version of Running Wild. Meaning:

A) Worgen would have an easier time getting the achievement compared to other Alliance races. Que tears.

B) Horde would still be up by mounts. Que more tears.
85 Human Death Knight
09/01/2011 02:26 PMPosted by Alona
The funny part is that a decent number of people in the game, including me, didn't care about a pithy 2 mount difference. So now I got all excited about sweet new Gilneas mounts and it's like...really would have just rathered they didn't.

This. 100% this.

When I saw that there were new mounts I got a little excited (couldn't help myself though I should know better). So I went to look and... the excitement went away. My first thought was "I have those already."

On closer examination, I saw the lack of a saddle. Honestly that's kind of neat. The problem is that you have to really look to see the lack of saddle if someone's mounted on them. At a glance it just looks like the horses we already have.

Without the differing number of mounts, without the "I want a unicorn", without the melodrama, what happened was you got me excited for something that wasn't exciting. And you know the bad thing? I think its more my fault than yours, because it happens more and more lately. I should know better than to have high expectations.

I'm betting that's not the attitude you want your players to have.
Community Manager
UPDATE:

There was some miscommunication regarding the initial reason why these mounts were added. After talking with the devs again these mounts are actually being added because they already happened to be available and we thought it’d be nice to make them able to be purchased and ridden. Which is unfortunately quite a bit different than how we understood and framed the blog.

Their existence also allows us to give players that faction change to Worgen something in exchange for their old racial mount. Right now if you faction change to Worgen you lose your previous home-faction mounts, and so we’re also trying to correct that with this change.
Edited by Daxxarri on 9/1/2011 2:44 PM PDT
UPDATE:

There was some miscommunication regarding the initial reason why these mounts were added. After talking with the devs again these mounts are actually being added because they already happened to be available and we thought it’d be nice to make them able to be purchased and ridden. Which is unfortunately quite a bit different than how we understood and framed the blog. Their existence also allows us to give players that faction change to Worgen something in exchange for their old racial mount. Right now if you faction change to Worgen you lose your previous home-faction mounts, and so we’re also trying to correct that with this change.

I love you Daxx but I am side-eyein' so hard rn.
85 Night Elf Rogue
Waaahhhhh.

The results are in!

Are all the people whining about the new Gilneas mounts a bunch of babies?

Yes ------------------------------------------ 95%
No (I"M NOT A BABY QQ)-- 5%

Your tears sustain me. Don't forget to delete your characters before you quit, that will really show Blizzard what's up.
90 Night Elf Warrior
09/01/2011 02:39 PMPosted by Sernluz

Because only Worgen can learn Running Wild, and there's only one version of Running Wild. Meaning:

A) Worgen would have an easier time getting the achievement compared to other Alliance races. Que tears.

B) Horde would still be up by mounts. Que more tears.

lol really..so your QQ still because worgen has running wild in the first place...it is true they can't please everyone...thats why they need to take running wild away and just give worgen the boar..its a cool mount that all alliance could get..the QQ would be over
Blizzard,

I'd like to suggest applying different colored skins to these mounts to at least distinguish them from the Human horses. The following pictures are the in-game pack mule skins applied to the riding horse model. I think it would look excellent with a bit of tweaking.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/alinaya/screenshot_109.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/alinaya/screenshot_110.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/alinaya/screenshot_111.jpg

This, this, this. See how easy it is Blizz? It took this person what... 10 minutes, tops to do this? Please, consider at least slapping some different skins on them! I was never mad about a paltry 2 mount difference, I was only mad that worgen didn't get mounts that made them stand out. But I settled with Running Wild because, lets admit it, that's pretty cool. But the complete lack of effort here is just appalling. Using the same skins as mounts we already have is just... wow. OH WAIT, it has no saddle, ooooh. Yeah, still not good enough.
85 Troll Warlock

lol really..so your QQ still because worgen has running wild in the first place...it is true they can't please everyone...thats why they need to take running wild away and just give worgen the boar..its a cool mount that all alliance could get..the QQ would be over

Bzzzzt, wrong. Worgen would then QQ because running wild was removed and they really liked it.
85 Troll Warlock
09/01/2011 02:44 PMPosted by Kezri
I was only mad that worgen didn't get mounts that made them stand out.

Yeah, because Running Wild isn't unique at all. Everyone can get it.

Wait, no.

Worgen already have the most unique mount in the game - NO OTHER RACE can use it. They are also the only race in the game that can shapeshift as any class What else do you want to 'stand out'?
85 Troll Warlock
09/01/2011 02:45 PMPosted by Grimmvolt
. Just know that new mmos are on the way, once Guild Wars 2, Star Wars The Old Republic, and Tera are launched you're gonna have a lot more competition.

Yeah, just like all the competition that Aion, Rift and Star Trek Online caused.

...Wait.
66 Gnome Mage
Not to join the negative masses Daxx, but my first reaction the the Blog post announcing these horses was that Blizzard must be trolling us. Anyone can appreciate new mounts being made available, particularly the collectors, but with all due respect it just feels like you're tying a ribbon on an old toy and calling it new. Maybe these exact horses don't exist, but ones that are darn close do under a different faction, so it's just baffling to add them to Worgens.

I think the major outcry here is having a faction with mounts that minus one or two things, look exactly like another faction's mounts. If you guys would change the colors, or add Gilnean-ish barding, armor, whatever, people would be excited. Gilneans were once human, it makes sense for them to ride horses. But it doesn't make sense for them to ride horses that look almost exactly the same as the Stormwind ones, since they were (at one time) located so far away geographically. The coat colors at least would probably tend to be darker hues, and the coat itself thicker, since they live further north and more on the coast.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]