The *NEW* Worgen racial mounts ain't new...

I'm going to laugh when these things transform into some kind of werehorse.
85 Night Elf Mage
I was always expecting Horses if they gave them mounts, but with Gilnean-style armour. Not this.
85 Blood Elf Mage
09/01/2011 11:56 AMPosted by Magnijung
Just another heartfelt reminder that blizzard doesn't give a crap about the community or their dying game! Might as well just pull some crap of like this and paint "4.3 PREVIEW" on it to make it look like the remnants of the old development team aren't a bunch of lazy idiots.

Or they did exactly what community wanted... even out amount of mounts between Horde and Alliance.

Thank you! Who even cares, honestly? Worgen don't need land mounts (also, I happen to think running wild is the coolest and most unique "mount" feature anyways) and I don't usually see too many people running around and showing off their faction mounts.

Why does it have to be some mystical and special creature? Hell, most of the Ally mounts are better than the Horde mounts anyways. I'll trade you a freakin' chicken for the horses, if you really don't like them so much.
90 Night Elf Druid
09/01/2011 11:45 AMPosted by Arberus
I think they just don't care. The same complaints were raised about the Zulian Panther, and that still went live.

Well the thing is the Zulian Panther fit perfectly and it's a pretty good looking mount considering it's unavailable in game in its original form now.

Also the horde have no way other than a spectral tiger to get a tiger mount.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Well, since they are bare back, they are not those two mounts. That does, in fact, make them different.
90 Goblin Death Knight
09/01/2011 11:49 AMPosted by Arthorius
If they give horses to us, they have got to be new models/textures/armors or I wont buy one

Yeah, that'll show 'em.
Community Manager
UPDATE:

There was some miscommunication regarding the initial reason why these mounts were added. After talking with the devs again these mounts are actually being added because they already happened to be available and we thought it’d be nice to make them able to be purchased and ridden. Which is unfortunately quite a bit different than how we understood and framed the blog.

Their existence also allows us to give players that faction change to Worgen something in exchange for their old racial mount. Right now if you faction change to Worgen you lose your previous home-faction mounts, and so we’re also trying to correct that with this change.
Edited by Daxxarri on 9/1/2011 2:44 PM PDT
55 Dwarf Death Knight
Wow...
90 Human Warlock
The intention with the new mounts was just to honor player concerns about achievements and even up the mount totals between the alliance and the horde. It’s something people had been requesting since the release of Cataclysm, so we’re evening up the numbers by giving the Alliance some additional mounts to add to their totals.

The Worgen racial mount is Running Wild. These are just some extra horses, for your horse needs. Perhaps the blog should have been titled 'New Gilnean Faction Mount'? Or maybe just 'Wyld Stallyns'? We may actually edit the blog to clarify why these mounts were added. To be clear, it’s not because we think worgen look their awesomest riding horses.

Me thinks it would be best if you were to edit it to "faction mount" :P
85 Night Elf Mage
The intention with the new mounts was just to honor player concerns about achievements and even up the mount totals between the alliance and the horde. It’s something people had been requesting since the release of Cataclysm, so we’re evening up the numbers by giving the Alliance some additional mounts to add to their totals.

The Worgen racial mount is Running Wild. These are just some extra horses, for your horse needs. Perhaps the blog should have been titled 'New Gilnean Faction Mount'? Or maybe just 'Wyld Stallyns'? We may actually edit the blog to clarify why these mounts were added. To be clear, it’s not because we think worgen look their awesomest riding horses.

Maybe you guys shouldn't worry about just fixing one complaint by giving players two extra horses. Thats just saying you don't really care about quality, you just want players to shut up. Actually do something with the horses. Give the lvl 40 one Gilnean-style armour. Even if every player doesn't use them. There will be the few who do.
09/01/2011 12:16 PMPosted by Wyrt
See, blizzard gives the player base something they asked for and now all people can do is !@#$% and moan that it isn't good enough.

I didn't ask for reused horses though. ;) Just because some people asked for things doesn't mean that those are the same people coming back to !@#$%.
78 Goblin Rogue
so we’re evening up the numbers by giving the Alliance some additional mounts to add to their totals.

. . . and treatin' it like it's front page news.

Be honest: that's the problem. People are makin' a big deal outta this 'cause you made a big deal outta this.
90 Night Elf Druid
09/01/2011 12:16 PMPosted by Wyrt
See, blizzard gives the player base something they asked for and now all people can do is !@#$% and moan that it isn't good enough.

Because the players don't want quality <sarcasm>

A horse that transformed at least a bit into a were-horse would make more sense than plain horses coming out of gilneas unbitten.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]