The *NEW* Worgen racial mounts ain't new...

85 Night Elf Mage
09/01/2011 12:19 PMPosted by Manzarrek
so we’re evening up the numbers by giving the Alliance some additional mounts to add to their totals.

. . . and treatin' it like it's front page news.

Be honest: that's the problem. People are makin' a big deal outta this 'cause you made a big deal outta this.

I'm making a big deal out of this because I am, once again, disappointed with the quality of a mount. First the Goblin Trike, now this. I have the 100 mount achievement, I have 120 mounts. I got the 100 mount achievement before cataclysm. So, I was never one to complain about the lack of mounts on Alliance.
90 Undead Rogue
The intention with the new mounts was just to honor player concerns about achievements and even up the mount totals between the alliance and the horde. It’s something people had been requesting since the release of Cataclysm, so we’re evening up the numbers by giving the Alliance some additional mounts to add to their totals.

The Worgen racial mount is Running Wild. These are just some extra horses, for your horse needs. Perhaps the blog should have been titled 'New Gilnean Faction Mount'? Or maybe just 'Wyld Stallyns'? We may actually edit the blog to clarify why these mounts were added. To be clear, it’s not because we think worgen look their awesomest riding horses.

well that dashed my hopes that this was a "j/k" on blizz's behalf. i see the purpose, though I have to admit a little more originality would've been nice.
90 Night Elf Druid
The intention with the new mounts was just to honor player concerns about achievements and even up the mount totals between the alliance and the horde. It’s something people had been requesting since the release of Cataclysm, so we’re evening up the numbers by giving the Alliance some additional mounts to add to their totals.

The Worgen racial mount is Running Wild. These are just some extra horses, for your horse needs. Perhaps the blog should have been titled 'New Gilnean Faction Mount'? Or maybe just 'Wyld Stallyns'? We may actually edit the blog to clarify why these mounts were added. To be clear, it’s not because we think worgen look their awesomest riding horses.

You couldn't at least make one white to add some variety?
85 Blood Elf Mage
Because the players don't want quality <sarcasm>

You're right.

Blizzard, I demand that you devote endless hours on these mounts in order to ensure that they are unique little snowflakes. I don't care what else you have to do...rid the game of transmogrification, if you need to! Just make sure these horses are armored by 4.3 in the name of quality!

That too, was sarcasm, in case you missed it.

Be honest: that's the problem. People are makin' a big deal outta this 'cause you made a big deal outta this.

Last I checked a two paragraph post about the new mounts (particularly after people had been QQing about the mount imbalance) is not making a "big deal outta this".

But my argument is, you did a lot of work on Goblin mounts and now you're just tossing out horses, calling them "Gilnean" and forgetting about it.

It seems . . . biased . . . and I've never blamed Blizz for Horde bias before. And it also seems lazy.

And Worgen also get an incredibly cool feature called "running wild" which is totally unique to that race.

It seems "lazy" because it's a quick fix for a problem that many have been whining about. And they've been whining about it, not because they wanted an awesome new mount for the Worgen, but because they wanted an equal number of faction mounts.
Edited by Maiyr on 9/1/2011 12:33 PM PDT
So these were recycled and stuck in here just to shut people up. I see. No concern about quality.

I would have rather had no mounts added for the worgen at all. Put in some effort, or just don't do it. You won't fool the playerbase by announcing NEW! EXCITING! things when they aren't new or exciting at all.

I'm sad to hear that they're really just horses. That's it. :(
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Gilnean war pigs! That is the Worgen racial mount. You showed it in the previews.
78 Goblin Rogue
Last I checked a two paragraph post about the new mounts (particularly after people had been QQing about the mount imbalance) is not making a "big deal outta this".

What would you consider a big deal? What if they like, put a news article about it on the front page of the official website, and then blogged about it, maybe with some screenshots of worgen astride their awesome new rehorses?
90 Undead Warlock
I just think maybe a different style of horse, these are really in the game already minus the tack.
90 Human Rogue

I actually love you guys even more for how you did this. I think it's hilarious, to tell you the truth.

"Waaa!! Waaaa! No Worgen mount!! QQQQQQQQQ!!! Waaaa!!!"

"Fine, you want a mount? Here, take this one, kid, now shut up."

I seriously lol'ed when I saw the pics. Thank you guys for being so awesome.
90 Night Elf Druid
Dogs on horses!? THIS IS MADNESS!
85 Human Warlock
As explained by the blue, its only to even out mounts/achievement points.

As a worgen they still want you to use running wild. If they gave out new amazing mounts, no one would use running wild anymore.

Problem solved, nothing to see here, move long
85 Blood Elf Mage
09/01/2011 12:27 PMPosted by Manzarrek

What would you consider a big deal? What if they like, put a news article about it on the front page of the official website, and then blogged about it, maybe with some screenshots of worgen astride their awesome new rehorses?

Yeah. That's right on par with all of the blogs, updates, images, and responses about things like transmogrification, void storage, darkmoon faire, etc.

I mean, did you SEE?! They wrote a front page blog with a whopping TWO paragraphs, and (this is the crazy part) TWO photos! Jeez, how excessive can coverage get?!
90 Human Rogue
09/01/2011 12:29 PMPosted by Fanahlia
Dogs on horses!? THIS IS MADNESS!

Yea it's right up there with being able to burn down an enemy by channeling the power of the moon to strike them on the head.

And roots not having a decent cooldown.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]