The *NEW* Worgen racial mounts ain't new...

70 Goblin Rogue
The intention with the new mounts was just to honor player concerns about achievements and even up the mount totals between the alliance and the horde. It’s something people had been requesting since the release of Cataclysm, so we’re evening up the numbers by giving the Alliance some additional mounts to add to their totals.

The Worgen racial mount is Running Wild. These are just some extra horses, for your horse needs. Perhaps the blog should have been titled 'New Gilnean Faction Mount'? Or maybe just 'Wyld Stallyns'? We may actually edit the blog to clarify why these mounts were added. To be clear, it’s not because we think worgen look their awesomest riding horses.

Lazy is as lazy does. Could of at least made them look like clydesdales or something. But I don't personally care.

*Rides off into the sunset on his awesome trike*
90 Night Elf Druid
What I think makes this especially egregious is that they made it a "post," akin to the other new 4.3 features. Even if they'd been completely new types of mounts, it would barely have warranted its own announcement. But this?

Players really aren't asking for a lot here: we just don't appreciate something so sloppily done being labeled as "new." Make one of the horses white and give the other battle scars or something, don't just re-release a couple horses that no one is going to buy except the people who are after the achievement.

At this point in the game, there shouldn't be mounts added just for the sake of numbers. Every mount added should add something to the huge variety, so that someone out there might actually decide to use it for its looks, and not just buy it to increase their mount counter.
Edited by Daystar on 9/1/2011 12:32 PM PDT
100 Human Paladin
The intention with the new mounts was just to honor player concerns about achievements and even up the mount totals between the alliance and the horde. It’s something people had been requesting since the release of Cataclysm, so we’re evening up the numbers by giving the Alliance some additional mounts to add to their totals.

The Worgen racial mount is Running Wild. These are just some extra horses, for your horse needs. Perhaps the blog should have been titled 'New Gilnean Faction Mount'? Or maybe just 'Wyld Stallyns'? We may actually edit the blog to clarify why these mounts were added. To be clear, it’s not because we think worgen look their awesomest riding horses.

So what you're saying that its ok for the Horde to rep up Bilgewater to get awesome trikes, but Alliance can rep up Gilneas to get horses we already have because Running Wild is the racial mount?

Last I checked I could buy all of the other Alliance "racial mounts"
85 Human Rogue
as a post above mine has said: Quality > Quantity

I am disappoint.

edit: Make one of the horses white, please. It was taken out in Vanilla and I want one.
Edited by Mìles on 9/1/2011 12:33 PM PDT
32 Draenei Hunter

So, if I may ask. Why then, when Alliance had more mounts then horde.. you didnt just throw the horde an extra mount. You designed a whole new set of dailies and a BRAND new model for them? And now when Alliance asks for balance, you throw them models that are already in game. I'm just at a loss for words right now. The horde favoritism is disgusting.

The alliance would just like the same treatment and attention that the horde gets.
Edited by Terra on 9/1/2011 12:35 PM PDT
90 Human Paladin

Yeah, I would change the title, it's rather misleading.
85 Worgen Warrior
The addition of a carriage would absolutely make the difference here. That's all blizz would have to do and most people would be satisfied.
85 Tauren Paladin
But my argument is, you did a lot of work on Goblin mounts and now you're just tossing out horses, calling them "Gilnean" and forgetting about it.

It seems . . . biased . . . and I've never blamed Blizz for Horde bias before. And it also seems lazy.

Have you heard of this thing called "Running Wild?"
90 Worgen Hunter
09/01/2011 12:24 PMPosted by Satine
I appreciate the evening up of the quantity. I am sorely disappointed in the quality.

Pretty much this. I wasn't even aware of the discrepancy between Alliance and Horde mount numbers, though I had assumed that was the case given Goblin Trikes. And I agree that it'll be nice to get another two easy to obtain mounts for achievement purposes. So thank you for that.

I am still disappointed that this is essentially a reskin of another race's mounts however. It does smack of laziness, to me, but in all honesty it's not that big of a deal. Just disappointing when we see mounts like the Winged Guardian and know exactly what Blizzard is capable of.
85 Tauren Paladin
So, if I may ask. Why then, when Alliance had more mounts then horde.. you didnt just throw the horde an extra mount. You designed a whole new set of dailies and a BRAND new model for them? And now when Alliance asks for balance, you throw them models that are already in game. I'm just at a loss for words right now. The horde favoritism is disgusting.

Check undead and tauren mount vendors. Also there was no equivalent of Wintersaber.
87 Pandaren Mage
I vote for more colors. Unusual ones. How about an Appaloosa!?
85 Undead Priest
09/01/2011 12:15 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Wyld Stallyns

I want to watch Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure now.
Community Manager
09/01/2011 12:19 PMPosted by Manzarrek
Be honest: that's the problem. People are makin' a big deal outta this 'cause you made a big deal outta this.

Perhaps.

The intention wasn't really to hype this up, so much as to simply inform and reduce confusion. Our thought was, rather than let these be introduced without any context via data-mining, that it seemed like a better idea to introduce them ourselves with a bit of context.
32 Draenei Hunter
09/01/2011 12:36 PMPosted by Magnijung

Check undead and tauren mount vendors. Also there was no equivalent of Wintersaber.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=46102
What is this then? I'll tell you. This was Blizzard response to horde players crying about mount imbalances.

I'd love to know why horde got a new dailies hub, and a brand new model for their imbalance. Alliance.... all we get are mounts that are already available in game.
Edited by Terra on 9/1/2011 12:39 PM PDT
85 Tauren Paladin
I am starting to wonder. Since Alliance will get even amount of mounts, are we to expect 125 and 150 mount achievement?
100 Human Paladin
09/01/2011 12:36 PMPosted by Magnijung

Thats not the argument though, its that Trikes have no equivilant on the Alliance, every race has its own mount that every other faction could get when they hit exalted. And when the discrepancy that Horde had less mounts it wasnt because of a new faction added, it was just a general color disparity on already existing faction mounts, so thats why you guys got new colors of mounts you already had.

But this time the discrepancy was made because of new races, one of which got the traditional "Racial Mount' that anyone could buy if requirements that looked uniqued.

Me being a human, will never be able to "Run Wild" barring a race change, but you a Tauren can buy a trike at Exalted. And thats whats irritating about this, is that they finally put in a reason to get Exalted Gilneas, but its horses most of us already had.

Dont you see the problem there?
90 Gnome Warrior

I, Huggywuggles, Azeroth's most fearsome and terrifying Gnome Arms Warrior must give you a /gnomefist ALONG with a /party on...DUUUUUUUUUUUUDES! for the Bill & Ted reference. However I will say I'm loving the draft horse mounts. I said it in the blog, and I'll say it here now, I think it really illustrates the ruggedness of the Gilnean countryside and the rugged individuality of the Gilneans themselves.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]