The *NEW* Worgen racial mounts ain't new...

85 Tauren Druid
99% of the posts are this..

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
*breath* WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Seriously there are plenty of mounts in this game and 90% of them are ugly and no one rides them. Look in your cities how many people are riding ANY faction mounts?? thats right the couple people who are leveling all 85s are using something else who cares.
85 Human Death Knight
I guess the reason I'm not as disappointed as everyone else (though I am a little disappointed) is that I haven't come to expect a lot from Blizzard. When I saw there were mounts for Gilneas rep I figured it would be something identifiably Gilnean, kind of like how the other races have mounts that are unique to them. But I guess the Worgen aren't that unique.

Honestly, I don't mind them putting these models back in the game, even without the saddle. What does bother me is that it seems another example of how Blizzard has a disconnect with its players.

Its a new enough feature that its blogged about on the front page. Its exciting enough to have screen shots. Its awesome enough to merit posts on the forum. But its really just to even things up for the achievement? Then... why get so excited about it? Why not say you're re-introducing the unarmored epic mounts from Vanilla and putting them on Gilnean rep?

Did ya not know people were going to respond poorly to rehashed mounts when one of the biggest complaints about Cataclysm is how much content got rehashed? If it had been introduced in 4.1 or so I could kind of see it. But its taken 3 content patches to decide to go with horses that were formerly available, only without saddles this time?

And the truth is it doesn't really matter to me. I'll buy them and forget them like most mounts in the game. But its painful to watch you guys continually misread your customers.
85 Human Warrior
The intention with the new mounts was just to honor player concerns about achievements and even up the mount totals between the alliance and the horde. It’s something people had been requesting since the release of Cataclysm, so we’re evening up the numbers by giving the Alliance some additional mounts to add to their totals.

The Worgen racial mount is Running Wild. These are just some extra horses, for your horse needs. Perhaps the blog should have been titled 'New Gilnean Faction Mount'? Or maybe just 'Wyld Stallyns'? We may actually edit the blog to clarify why these mounts were added. To be clear, it’s not because we think worgen look their awesomest riding horses.

This would have been fine right after cata released, considering how simple the mounts are I'm sure most people would have been happy. That time has passed however and people tend to expect greater things as time passes.

What I don't understand is why you didn't use the old models for old epic palomino and white stallion. *shrug*
85 Blood Elf Hunter
09/01/2011 12:38 PMPosted by Terra

Check undead and tauren mount vendors. Also there was no equivalent of Wintersaber.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=46102
What is this then? I'll tell you. This was Blizzard response to horde players crying about mount imbalances.

I'd love to know why horde got a new dailies hub, and a brand new model for their imbalance. Alliance.... all we get are mounts that are already available in game.

Clearly Horde is favored, or..... perhaps the company is money-hungry and don't want to waste resources on meaningful changes?
85 Blood Elf Mage
Just disappointing when we see mounts like the Winged Guardian and know exactly what Blizzard is capable of.

But comparing this to Winged Guardian isn't even reasonable or fair, at all. That's a special mount (and one you have to pay for). This is a freakin' faction mount. They're not really special or rare. They're usually not some awe-inspiring design. If the allies are so up-in-arms that it's just another couple of horses, then I will gladly start a petition for Blizzard to trade them with the rainbow chickens.

They're not intended for use by the worgen. They're solely intended for numbers to count towards the mount achieve...in which case you'll probably have tons more mounts that you would prefer to show off.

Why anyone would want Blizz to devote who-knows-how-many-hours to the development of a mount that's intended for a numbers game is beyond me.

Also...QQing about the freakin' blog post is beyond inane.
85 Worgen Priest
09/01/2011 12:26 PMPosted by Keibrina
Gilnean war pigs! That is the Worgen racial mount. You showed it in the previews.

That was just a piece of concept art. From a lore stand point as well as aesthetics I'm so glad they never went with that.
32 Draenei Hunter
Blizzard.. you wanna know how to fix this? I'll tell you. At the VERY LEAST .. make these horses a different color then ones available in game. White, grey, tan. It really sucks that you aren't giving us ANY variety.
92 Draenei Mage
I like the new mounts :)
27 Goblin Warrior
It seems . . . biased . . . and I've never blamed Blizz for Horde bias before. And it also seems lazy.

This. Blizzard doesn't care anymore, they're proving this more and more with each passing day. Yes I'm horde but this is BS. We get cool new trikes! Alliance FINALLY gets new mounts and.. wait.. more horses! GG BLIZZARD! You're REALLY showing your Alliance fans the love!
- Hearthstone
100 Tauren Paladin
http://www.wowhead.com/item=46102
What is this then? I'll tell you. This was Blizzard response to horde players crying about mount imbalances.

You realize that the situation is different. When Horde had less mount, they were racial mounts. We got new skin racial mount. There was no equivalent of Wintersaber and thus we got an equivalent. In this instance a new race got a new form of mount, race specific. If you want a original mount to be created then Running Wild either would be removed or initially not designed or Goblins would need equivalent of Running Wild... Rocket Skates?
Edited by Magnijung on 9/1/2011 12:44 PM PDT
43 Goblin Priest
I don't support Blizzard on this choice. If they're going to solve an issue (mount imbalance), then they should do it right by offering something more unique than horses. After all, Blizzard is known for doing things right rather than bandaids.

But as for me, I really couldn't care less about mounts let alone a ground mount. That's just my two cents on the topic.
09/01/2011 12:37 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Be honest: that's the problem. People are makin' a big deal outta this 'cause you made a big deal outta this.

Perhaps.

The intention wasn't really to hype this up, so much as to simply inform and reduce confusion. Our thought was, rather than let these be introduced without any context via data-mining, that it seemed like a better idea to introduce them ourselves with a bit of context.

Yeah, but can't you understand how the Alliance folks are a little upset? When the Alliance had more mounts, you gave Horde a daily quest hub and a brand spankin' new mount. For Worgen you took two mounts that have already been in game for years and took their saddles off. It's not exactly reassuring. :( There are already far too many horse mounts. Except for Unicorns. A Unicorn would be okay. A white one. With glitter.
10 Dwarf Paladin
The intention with the new mounts was just to honor player concerns about achievements and even up the mount totals between the alliance and the horde. It’s something people had been requesting since the release of Cataclysm, so we’re evening up the numbers by giving the Alliance some additional mounts to add to their totals.

Just out of curiosity, why'd it take this long to do that? Concerns about this were raised before Cataclysm, even. And at the time, as I recall, the response from you Blues was basically "We think its just fine. Its a minor difference." Which was highly amusing, given how you guys put in an effort back in WotLK to balance out both factions in the first place (remember the ocher or whatever skeletal warhorse and that light brown saber mount?).

Frankly, I think the horses are incredibly bland. Yes, t hey serve as filling out the numbers, but you couldn't give them SOME flair?

There are already far too many horse mounts. Except for Unicorns. A Unicorn would be okay. A white one. With glitter.

The Quel'dori steed from the Argent Tournament is a unicorn, basically, isn't it? No glitter though.
Edited by Gungnir on 9/1/2011 12:44 PM PDT
60 Human Priest
09/01/2011 12:29 PMPosted by Fanahlia
Dogs on horses!? THIS IS MADNESS!

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lf6v7jpF0g1qf47bgo1_400.jpg
86 Worgen Druid
just so long as i keep running wild...granted with swiftflight form i hardly use any other mount but Werewolves with Mounts just don't make sense; Werewolves able to run down lesser races riding mounts...THAT makes sense. Running Wild is awesome for flavor/lore.
32 Draenei Hunter
09/01/2011 12:43 PMPosted by Riluu

Perhaps.

The intention wasn't really to hype this up, so much as to simply inform and reduce confusion. Our thought was, rather than let these be introduced without any context via data-mining, that it seemed like a better idea to introduce them ourselves with a bit of context.

Yeah, but can't you understand how the Alliance folks are a little upset? When the Alliance had more mounts, you gave Horde a daily quest hub and a brand spankin' new mount. For Worgen you took two mounts that have already been in game for years and took their saddles off. It's not exactly reassuring. :( There are already far too many horse mounts. Except for Unicorns. A Unicorn would be okay. A white one. With glitter.

Exactly.. there wouldn't be such a huge outcry if you would at least give us colors that aren't all ready available to alliance players. white. grey. tan. something different.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]