The *NEW* Worgen racial mounts ain't new...

90 Troll Shaman
09/01/2011 12:40 PMPosted by Leaina
But I guess the Worgen aren't that unique.

So not-unique that they have their own racial mount no other race can use.
56 Gnome Death Knight
I guess I am happy they added 'bonus' mounts to even things out, but it just shows such little effort on Blizzard's part that they really should not have even bothered announcing it.

Once again, feels like they are just mailing in the rest of WoW development and much more focused on other games. Which is fine and all, but won't keep people subscribed.
100 Tauren Warrior
The new mounts are fine...Blizz adding them to even the horde/alliance mount #, that's fine. As for creativity...Worgens used to be Gilneans, which were humans. What else do humans ride? Humans ride horses..so Worgen, former humans, get horses.
85 Undead Warlock
FTW
09/01/2011 12:15 PMPosted by Daxxarri
To be clear, it’s not because we think worgen look their awesomest riding horses.

This makes sence.
Now to shut up QQers and make worgen use their intended mounts?
Make a normal human mount.

There are already far too many horse mounts. Except for Unicorns. A Unicorn would be okay. A white one. With glitter.

The Quel'dori steed from the Argent Tournament is a unicorn, basically, isn't it? No glitter though.[/quote]

:O I'll have to go look. I must admit, I got a few of the Argent Tournament mounts, but I needed a break from it and haven't been back in a while to get the rest. Is that a Horde only mount, though?
10 Dwarf Paladin

The Worgen racial mount is Running Wild. These are just some extra horses, for your horse needs. Perhaps the blog should have been titled 'New Gilnean Faction Mount'? Or maybe just 'Wyld Stallyns'? We may actually edit the blog to clarify why these mounts were added. To be clear, it’s not because we think worgen look their awesomest riding horses.

Also yeah, the title to the article, that's probably part of the problem. I mean, it says outright "Worgen Racial Mounts." One would expect "new" racial mounts to be a bit...racial in flavor, wouldn't they? Not bland, copy and pasted horses.

:O I'll have to go look. I must admit, I got a few of the Argent Tournament mounts, but I needed a break from it and haven't been back in a while to get the rest. Is that a Horde only mount, though?

Alliance has access to it, that much I know for sure. I believe the Horde equivalent is another Hawkstrider.
Edited by Gungnir on 9/1/2011 12:49 PM PDT
32 Draenei Hunter
09/01/2011 12:46 PMPosted by Cailand
The new mounts are fine...Blizz adding them to even the horde/alliance mount #, that's fine. As for creativity...Worgens used to be Gilneans, which were humans. What else do humans ride? Humans ride horses..so Worgen, former humans, get horses.

I'm fine with worgen getting horses... heck im even fine with them using a model thats alrady in game. I am NOT fine with them using a model that is already a mount and already obtainable on my faction. Would it have killed them to instead take the white stallion and palomino models from the wild horses so we could have a little tiny bit of variety?
92 Draenei Mage
09/01/2011 12:46 PMPosted by Cailand

Yeah, I feel like this is the point that 99% of the players in this thread are missing.

What else would be more appropriate as a mount? Go ahead and throw out your ideas, because horses were the only thing I could think of that made sense lore wise.
85 Draenei Paladin
The intention with the new mounts was just to honor player concerns about achievements and even up the mount totals between the alliance and the horde. It’s something people had been requesting since the release of Cataclysm, so we’re evening up the numbers by giving the Alliance some additional mounts to add to their totals.

The Worgen racial mount is Running Wild. These are just some extra horses, for your horse needs. Perhaps the blog should have been titled 'New Gilnean Faction Mount'? Or maybe just 'Wyld Stallyns'? We may actually edit the blog to clarify why these mounts were added. To be clear, it’s not because we think worgen look their awesomest riding horses.

I apologize for pointing this out: Could this have been posted in the other Worgen thread?

I saw this thread grow, and resisted posting in it. I thought there was the policy of keeping topics searched and contained with the most recent. Is it because this was the first player-initiated topic on this subject?

-Just a confused observation, don't let me derail.

23 Worgen Rogue
The intention with the new mounts was just to troll our player base.

Fixed.
85 Blood Elf Rogue
In case it hasn't come up yet (only read through page 3),

Wyld Stallyns was the band name of "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure"
90 Human Rogue
http://www.wowhead.com/item=46102
What is this then? I'll tell you. This was Blizzard response to horde players crying about mount imbalances.

You realize that the situation is different. When Horde had less mount, they were racial mounts. We got new skin racial mount. There was no equivalent of Wintersaber and thus we got an equivalent. In this instance a new race got a new form of mount, race specific. If you want a original mount to be created then Running Wild either would be removed or initially not designed or Goblins would need equivalent of Running Wild... Rocket Skates?

It's not a mount, it's a racial. Goblins have faction discount, a bank goblin, and a choice between rocket boots or rocket barrage as their activation racial. They don't need another racial thing on top of all of it. Running Wild being in is no excuse to shaft all of the Alliance with this lazy design.
90 Blood Elf Priest
09/01/2011 11:44 AMPosted by Lucard
Blizzard thinks we are plain stupid?
Haha trust me they dont have to "think" that, they found out a few years ago

A crowd has the mental age of a five year old.
10 Dwarf Paladin
09/01/2011 12:48 PMPosted by Aeriya

Yeah, I feel like this is the point that 99% of the players in this thread are missing.

What else would be more appropriate as a mount? Go ahead and throw out your ideas, because horses were the only thing I could think of that made sense lore wise.

Horses are perfectly fine, at least in my opinion. What's not fine is how utterly bland and non-gilnean they are.

I mean, at the very least, give them a saddle with some dark Gilnean colors or something. Just give it something to represent that these horses are, indeed, Gilnean and not from Stormwind.
85 Worgen Priest
09/01/2011 12:49 PMPosted by Surprisehugs
The intention with the new mounts was just to troll our player base.

85 Night Elf Druid
I really think they should start adding in polls, and not only in the forums, at the login screen as soon as you log in:
"Are you angry that Horde has more mounts than Alliance? Yes or No."
"Are you satisfied with all the re-skins going in the game? Yes or No."
"Are you happy with the direction WoW is going? Yes or No."

I thinks it would clear up what players "really" want
90 Human Rogue

Alliance has access to it, that much I know for sure. I believe the Horde equivalent is another Hawkstrider.

The unicorn (Queldorei steed) is Alliance only, and yes the Horde got another hawkstrider.
Before anyone complains about that favoring Alliance, the Horde got the armored dragonhawk for their flying mount while the Alliance got another hippogryph.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]