The *NEW* Worgen racial mounts ain't new...

85 Human Death Knight
09/01/2011 12:46 PMPosted by Sharkon
But I guess the Worgen aren't that unique.

So not-unique that they have their own racial mount no other race can use.

That's a valid point. The worgen also have an archetectural style that is unique in the game. They also have an accent that is fairly unique. The style of dress for their npc's is unique (in most cases). Their faction mount? Re-done Stormwind mount. Guess they were out of orignial ideas.

But, as I said in my earlier post, its not that big a deal to me. They had to have known it was going to generate the kind of reaction we've seen though. They just had to. Why they didn't take some steps to address it ahead of time is beyond me. That would also be pretty unique.
100 Blood Elf Mage
Daxx, petition GC to release the promised moose population (that he keeps locked in his office storage closet) into Gilneas.
85 Tauren Paladin
09/01/2011 12:52 PMPosted by Sammonoske
So... it is true that the Dev team is lazy? That they just found some spare time to toss in a copy paste mount that has existed for years.

Or they did what community asked?
85 Human Paladin
People were mad that the Horde had 2 more mounts than the alliance.
Now people are mad that the alliance are getting 2 mounts that look similar to other mounts.

Are you all children?
90 Night Elf Hunter
The thing that bugs the snot outta me is that the Horde can use the Goblin trikes. I, as a Night Elf, cannot get down on all fours and "run wild".

I don't care about the achievement so much as I would like to see a truly unique Worgen mount that all Alliance races can use. Until then, and I'm assumming here, the playerbase is not going to be happy.
85 Undead Priest
Methinks this mount is more for people who Tabard up their Gilneas rep than for actual Worgens, Running Wild is pretty baller.
85 Tauren Druid

I'm fine with worgen getting horses... heck im even fine with them using a model thats already in game. I am NOT fine with them using a model that is already a mount and already obtainable on my faction. Would it have killed them to instead take the white stallion and palomino models from the wild horses so we could have a little tiny bit of variety?

Pretty much this. Palomino is my favorite, I'd absolutely love to have a saddle-less recolour- no additional polygons required.
85 Night Elf Mage
The intention with the new mounts was just to honor player concerns about achievements and even up the mount totals between the alliance and the horde. It’s something people had been requesting since the release of Cataclysm, so we’re evening up the numbers by giving the Alliance some additional mounts to add to their totals.

The Worgen racial mount is Running Wild. These are just some extra horses, for your horse needs. Perhaps the blog should have been titled 'New Gilnean Faction Mount'? Or maybe just 'Wyld Stallyns'? We may actually edit the blog to clarify why these mounts were added. To be clear, it’s not because we think worgen look their awesomest riding horses.

So... it is true that the Dev team is lazy? That they just found some spare time to toss in a copy paste mount that has existed for years.

I'm just very disappointed with this, I was hoping for more than "Oh people wanted to even out the mount difference so to do so we reused some crappy mounts no one will use but will make you're achievement number higher."

Very disappointed blizz.
10 Dwarf Paladin

Alliance has access to it, that much I know for sure. I believe the Horde equivalent is another Hawkstrider.

The unicorn (Queldorei steed) is Alliance only, and yes the Horde got another hawkstrider.
Before anyone complains about that favoring Alliance, the Horde got the armored dragonhawk for their flying mount while the Alliance got another hippogryph.

No complaining from me, even with another hippogryph, because the silver covenant one is the most awesomest hippogryph (outside of the blue/light purple one that we can't get...yet) ever.
41 Gnome Warlock
Or maybe just 'Wyld Stallyns'? .

Excellent! \m/
90 Troll Shaman
09/01/2011 12:43 PMPosted by Riluu
Yeah, but can't you understand how the Alliance folks are a little upset? When the Alliance had more mounts, you gave Horde a daily quest hub and a brand spankin' new mount.

You seem to be very confused about the Venomhide Ravasaur.

You called it a brand new model earlier, but look at these:

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=12346
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=12349
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=12350

These are the basic troll racial mounts, and they are exactly the same as the Ravasaur in everything but color. In other words, exactly what the Winterspring Frostsaber is to the basic night elf racial mounts.

"Daily quest hub" is also rather ingenuous. The ravasaur hatchling gives its master one quest a day that can take place in any one of three zones at the very southern tip of Kalimdor.
85 Draenei Priest
People were mad that the Horde had 2 more mounts than the alliance.
Now people are mad that the alliance are getting 2 mounts that look similar to other mounts.

Are you all children?

If that's what they are giving us.....they can keep them.
78 Goblin Rogue
09/01/2011 12:54 PMPosted by Magnijung

Or they did what community asked?

There useta' be this story about a magic monkey paw that gave people exactly what they asked for. I don't wanna spoil the end for nobody, but people didn't exactly wind up payin' it fifteen bucks a month.
90 Human Rogue

No complaining from me, even with another hippogryph, because the silver covenant one is the most awesomest hippogryph (outside of the blue/light purple one that we can't get...yet) ever.

It is actually my favorite one too :P
Though their dragonhawk is also nice.
85 Tauren Paladin
I'm just very disappointed with this, I was hoping for more than "Oh people wanted to even out the mount difference so to do so we reused some crappy mounts no one will use but will make you're achievement number higher."

Very disappointed blizz.

Oh so you wanted to make an argument that Worgen should get a new form of travel and a unique mount that is usable by everyone?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]