The *NEW* Worgen racial mounts ain't new...

90 Worgen Death Knight
Now that the totals have evened out, any chance we could ever see new mount collecting achievements? Please? With shiny reward mounts?
85 Night Elf Druid
This mount... i already have it

It's the horde equivalent of the wintersaber. He already said that. You're kind of stupid, huh. It isnt a new model. its an old skin on non epic raptor body.

Yeah, but these aren't even new skins. They just took the saddle off. They're not even a new color. Horses are fine, I don't mind the horse part, but..at least a new color? A beefier version, since Worgen are so big? Something.
85 Night Elf Warrior
So... it is true that the Dev team is lazy? That they just found some spare time to toss in a copy paste mount that has existed for years.

Or they did what community asked?

And the community has to complain to get Blizz to correct the imbalance between Alliance and Horde? I think they are.
Edited by Sammonoske on 9/1/2011 1:00 PM PDT
85 Tauren Paladin
There useta' be this story about a magic monkey paw that gave people exactly what they asked for. I don't wanna spoil the end for nobody, but people didn't exactly wind up payin' it fifteen bucks a month.

People been throwing "I quit" for years. Does Blizzard really need players that would quit pver evening out mount count between both factions?
85 Draenei Shaman
09/01/2011 12:37 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Be honest: that's the problem. People are makin' a big deal outta this 'cause you made a big deal outta this.

Perhaps.

The intention wasn't really to hype this up, so much as to simply inform and reduce confusion. Our thought was, rather than let these be introduced without any context via data-mining, that it seemed like a better idea to introduce them ourselves with a bit of context.

lolol Backpedal Backpedal!!!!
85 Tauren Paladin
09/01/2011 12:59 PMPosted by Sammonoske
And the community has to complain to get Blizz to correct the imbalance between Alliance and Horde? I think they are.

Oh I get it. People got what they asked for and now they saw that QQ works...
85 Goblin Priest
lets rephrase that thread in few words....

QQ

QQ QQ

MOAR QQ

they did what players asked

QQ

some moar QQ.

stop crying on a tiny part of the game, you SHOULDNT get 2 additional mounts, but guess what ? Blizz did anyway.

Stop complaining for stupidities... its only a game and thats 2 extra mount that you shouldnt be getting in the first part.
90 Human Paladin
I already have many horses between all my characters and the "choke" new HAHA racial mounts for worgens are at best a joke to me, my worgen will stick with "running wild".

What happened to the originol featured mount shown LONG ago, you know the boar looking mount?
85 Dwarf Warlock

It's the horde equivalent of the wintersaber. He already said that. You're kind of stupid, huh. It isnt a new model. its an old skin on non epic raptor body.

Yeah, but these aren't even new skins. They just took the saddle off. They're not even a new color. Horses are fine, I don't mind the horse part, but..at least a new color? A beefier version, since Worgen are so big? Something.

Yeah, just a re-color would be nice. As of now they look like they purposely put as little effort as possible into them.
85 Draenei Shaman
I think it is pretty dam clear at this point that blizzard is in need of a larger art department.

Hell in all honesty with shortcuts like this and A ton of excuses about how every department is to busy to get anything done it clearly sounds as your in desperate need of help in every department.

Except billing that is they do their jobs exceedingly well with what I assume is a abundant staff.
85 Draenei Shaman
lets rephrase that thread in few words....

QQ

QQ QQ

MOAR QQ

they did what players asked

QQ

some moar QQ.

stop crying on a tiny part of the game, you SHOULDNT get 2 additional mounts, but guess what ? Blizz did anyway.

Stop complaining for stupidities... its only a game and thats 2 extra mount that you shouldnt be getting in the first part.

I think people are upset because horde have the choice to ride around in a new mount, while alliance don't. It's all about equality in choice which this does not bring.
90 Orc Hunter
The intention with the new mounts was just to honor player concerns about achievements and even up the mount totals between the alliance and the horde. It’s something people had been requesting since the release of Cataclysm, so we’re evening up the numbers by giving the Alliance some additional mounts to add to their totals.

The Worgen racial mount is Running Wild. These are just some extra horses, for your horse needs. Perhaps the blog should have been titled 'New Gilnean Faction Mount'? Or maybe just 'Wyld Stallyns'? We may actually edit the blog to clarify why these mounts were added. To be clear, it’s not because we think worgen look their awesomest riding horses.

Maybe you guys shouldn't worry about just fixing one complaint by giving players two extra horses. Thats just saying you don't really care about quality, you just want players to shut up. Actually do something with the horses. Give the lvl 40 one Gilnean-style armour. Even if every player doesn't use them. There will be the few who do.
Can you blame them? All the player base has done since Cata's release is whine. Too hard, too easy, not enough content, not enough mounts, racial bonuses are too powerful, druids are herb-ganking, the sky isn't dark enough at night (I've actually seen that complaint, true story).. At this point, I'm sure the devs are ready to tear their hair out. The player base is NEVER satisfied.

Also, let me redirect you to your gorgeous Winterspring saber that we had NO mount to balance out for. We get a mount or 2 ahead of you, and the sky is falling. So they even it our, and you're STILL whining. lol x400
Edited by Cozzene on 9/1/2011 1:05 PM PDT
85 Night Elf Rogue
09/01/2011 12:15 PMPosted by Daxxarri
The intention with the new mounts was just to honor player concerns about achievements and even up the mount totals between the alliance and the horde.

Could have atleast put some effort into the model.

I for one like having a bunch of different unique mounts to ride, but noooo you gave us more freaking horses.

When will you guys learn we don't want more reskins? So much in cata is nothing BUT a reskin and it's frankly getting very irritating.

For everyone's sake the next expansion better be freaking brilliant.
85 Blood Elf Mage
There useta' be this story about a magic monkey paw that gave people exactly what they asked for. I don't wanna spoil the end for nobody, but people didn't exactly wind up payin' it fifteen bucks a month.

Then quit over a silly mount, because you're upset that Blizzard acquiesced and evened out the numbers in the easiest/quickest fashion possible. If you don't like it, don't get it. If you're using it for the mount achieves, then what does it matter what it looks like? Why does THIS mount have to be equivalent to the Goblin mount? Are all of the horde/alliance mounts equally cool? No.

Also, at what point in that post did it say that those would be the only two colors available, or that one was the lvl 20 mount and one was the lvl 40 mount? Because I've checked, several times...and it simply says "a preview of what’s coming". As in, a small sample. Kinda like a movie preview.

Hmm...last time I checked, previews didn't
Edited by Maiyr on 9/1/2011 1:04 PM PDT
85 Undead Warlock
These molehills sure make excellent mountains.
Edited by Ligament on 9/1/2011 1:04 PM PDT
09/01/2011 12:37 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Be honest: that's the problem. People are makin' a big deal outta this 'cause you made a big deal outta this.

Perhaps.

The intention wasn't really to hype this up, so much as to simply inform and reduce confusion. Our thought was, rather than let these be introduced without any context via data-mining, that it seemed like a better idea to introduce them ourselves with a bit of context.

Did you guys have any intention you would get more hate that its just 2 horses without even a simple saddle, not even a unique color.

The epic one should of at least been armored with Gilnean Art.
85 Tauren Priest
Perhaps.

I find it disappointing that something like this is showcased in a blog. It sounds like this change would have been much better received simply by a listing in the Patch Notes for 4.3. I'm sure you see why it would be underwhelming, especially after hearing about some crazy new features and stuff in 4.3, to look at the latest blog about a change that is hardly comparable.

It's cool, it's nice to see some things changed for the betterment of the game--but there were many other avenues to introduce this in. I'm just irked that it brings down my expectations for when I see a blue blog.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]