The *NEW* Worgen racial mounts ain't new...

85 Blood Elf Mage
09/01/2011 01:03 PMPosted by Sensations
I think people are upset because horde have the choice to ride around in a new mount, while alliance don't. It's all about equality in choice which this does not bring.

Tell you what, let's take away running wild (which is the most unique travel feature in the game) and all of the race specific mounts, and we'll just all ride around on white horses. Then it'll be perfectly equal.
85 Draenei Paladin
09/01/2011 12:59 PMPosted by Maderita
This mount... i already have it
Didnt you already post that somewhere 30 min ago, GG you have the mount already yet how often do you use it? I bet you would be mad if they added a same model of flying mount you had already even though your a druid and probably only stick to flightform. Of all the mounts ive seen people ride i rarely ever see someone on a horse except for a human leveling up. Almost everyone, im talking like maby 90% of the 60+ in this thread all sit in SW or Org on flying mounts and yet people are crying.

/facepalm to all of you >:O
85 Night Elf Priest
Change the title to "This is what you get when you don't pay a minimum of $25 for content"
85 Goblin Priest
lets rephrase that thread in few words....

QQ

QQ QQ

MOAR QQ

they did what players asked

QQ

some moar QQ.

stop crying on a tiny part of the game, you SHOULDNT get 2 additional mounts, but guess what ? Blizz did anyway.

Stop complaining for stupidities... its only a game and thats 2 extra mount that you shouldnt be getting in the first part.

I think people are upset because horde have the choice to ride around in a new mount, while alliance don't. It's all about equality in choice which this does not bring.

i think people are upset because they didnt get 100% of what they wanted, if ur not happy go create your own MMORPG. they added 2 mounts for achievers. If it wasnt achievement wise, there would be 2 less mounts on alliance side
90 Troll Shaman
I mean really, can anyone think of any lazier way they could have solved the mount imbalance?

Or maybe they purposely did it this way to preempt Horde players QQing about the Alliance now having just as many mounts with unique skins as them, plus Running Wild.
The intention with the new mounts was just to honor player concerns about achievements and even up the mount totals between the alliance and the horde. It’s something people had been requesting since the release of Cataclysm, so we’re evening up the numbers by giving the Alliance some additional mounts to add to their totals.

The Worgen racial mount is Running Wild. These are just some extra horses, for your horse needs. Perhaps the blog should have been titled 'New Gilnean Faction Mount'? Or maybe just 'Wyld Stallyns'? We may actually edit the blog to clarify why these mounts were added. To be clear, it’s not because we think worgen look their awesomest riding horses.

I understand and appreciate this. My personal thought is that you ended up solving the wrong problem. People had generally stopped complaining quite so much about the faction mount total difference; if this was to solve that problem, it's 9 months late. However, they are now newly annoyed that you're solving a 9 month old problem with basically no (perceived) effort - instead of solving it in a cool, interesting way that showed that you were trying, you just upped a number by one. Certainly that solves the problem, but a much better solution would have been to have a really cool (steampunk-flavored?) mount come out with 5.0. Then you solve the problem AND everyone thinks it's cool. This way, it looks like you got tired of the screaming kid so you threw him the candy - except now he doesn't care about THAT candy anymore, he wants the NEW candy. Entitlement is the underlying problem: don't give in!
1 Troll Mage
The intention with the new mounts was just to honor player concerns about achievements and even up the mount totals between the alliance and the horde. It’s something people had been requesting since the release of Cataclysm, so we’re evening up the numbers by giving the Alliance some additional mounts to add to their totals.

The Worgen racial mount is Running Wild. These are just some extra horses, for your horse needs. Perhaps the blog should have been titled 'New Gilnean Faction Mount'? Or maybe just 'Wyld Stallyns'? We may actually edit the blog to clarify why these mounts were added. To be clear, it’s not because we think worgen look their awesomest riding horses.

Soooo... why'd it take until patch 4.3 to do this?

Look, I know you guys are professionals - but has anyone ever told you that, the longer people wait for something, the bigger their expectations?
85 Draenei Paladin

Look, I know you guys are professionals - but has anyone ever told you that, the longer people wait for something, the bigger their expectations?
Maby they tried to get a nice mount for the worgen and it didnt work out so well and this is a nice replacement to the crys of unequal mount totals.
85 Blood Elf Mage
09/01/2011 01:05 PMPosted by Magnusheart
The epic one should of at least been armored with Gilnean Art.

This is where the problem comes, from my point of view. At what point in that post did it suggest either of those horses was the epic mount? Or that those were going to be the ONLY two options to purchase?

Seriously, for those of you whining about THAT part of the new mounts, maybe you should actually wait until we know for sure how the mounts will shake out. But suggesting that what's in the post is it, is patently ignorant.
85 Human Hunter
09/01/2011 11:49 AMPosted by Mnevis
The only reason these were put in is to address the complaints about Horde having 2 more mounts (Goblin Trikes) than Alliance, and they do fulfill that mission. Yeah they're boring, but what other eligible creatures are running around Gilneas?

Other options? <looks at the Tauren with a calculating stare>
85 Worgen Death Knight
09/01/2011 12:37 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Be honest: that's the problem. People are makin' a big deal outta this 'cause you made a big deal outta this.

Perhaps.

The intention wasn't really to hype this up, so much as to simply inform and reduce confusion. Our thought was, rather than let these be introduced without any context via data-mining, that it seemed like a better idea to introduce them ourselves with a bit of context.

You could have at least given us two armored horses with different colors instead of taking the saddles off and calling these new.
90 Troll Shaman
09/01/2011 01:07 PMPosted by Loteno

That's their own damn fault. If they'd taken ten seconds to think about it logically, they'd realize that if Blizzard gave them new unique mounts to even their count out with goblin trikes, then all they'd have done is swing the pendulum the other way, and now they'd have Horde players QQing about the Alliance having just as many unique mounts as them, plus Running Wild.

As long as Running Wild has no Horde equivalent, faction mounts will never be exactly equal.

Big.

Deal.
85 Draenei Shaman
09/01/2011 01:06 PMPosted by Maiyr

Tell you what, let's take away running wild (which is the most unique travel feature in the game) and all of the race specific mounts, and we'll just all ride around on white horses. Then it'll be perfectly equal.

You must not know much about history
10 Dwarf Paladin
09/01/2011 01:09 PMPosted by Maiyr
The epic one should of at least been armored with Gilnean Art.

This is where the problem comes, from my point of view. At what point in that post did it suggest either of those horses was the epic mount? Or that those were going to be the ONLY two options to purchase?

Seriously, for those of you whining about THAT part of the new mounts, maybe you should actually wait until we know for sure how the mounts will shake out. But suggesting that what's in the post is it, is patently ignorant.

Well, for one, if they're balancing out the goblin mounts, then there'd only be two, as the goblins only have two trikes.

As there are only two pictures of horses, two different skins, 1+1=2.
85 Undead Priest
People complaining didn't read the context text with the mounts, nor have they done the worgen starter quests.
These mounts do have a context to the Gilneans as a people, and you rescue them during a quest(which is the excerpt in the announcement post). They have bred these horses for generations and while a pig-bear-man mount would be cooler, it has no context at all to the Gilnean people. If you're upset that it looks just like a horse...get mad at worgens for breeding horses that look like...horses.

The second item as to why they are not covered in that rather idiotic pillbug armor set that the other horsies get is that Gilneas is still abandoned, these horses were recovered and brought out but there are no npcs in the city making armor for them.

also....stop looking a gift horse in the mouth.
74 Worgen Druid

maybe cause at cata release , subs were higher and now I feel like " omg we gotta get them back..let's throw some bones to them..here a horse, oh yes , here transmog ( since people have been requesting for years)...

Blizzard, I want my murlock paladin...doooeeettttt
76 Worgen Druid
Be honest: that's the problem. People are makin' a big deal outta this 'cause you made a big deal outta this.

Perhaps.

The intention wasn't really to hype this up, so much as to simply inform and reduce confusion. Our thought was, rather than let these be introduced without any context via data-mining, that it seemed like a better idea to introduce them ourselves with a bit of context.

You really should have just made it a line in the patch notes. Just posting it on a blog and making it out like it's some big thing (whether intentional or not) that you took the horse mob and made it a mount was silly. I mean the wording just being 'we added 2 extra mounts to even things out' would of been better rather than going 'yea these are the new worgen mounts!'. There isn't even anything gilnean about these horses.
Edited by Tamaska on 9/1/2011 1:18 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]