Sensable Balance Druid Improvements:edit09/09

85 Night Elf Druid
I created a similar thread months ago that ended up being over 20 suggestions long.
It received positive feedback but I think it may have been to much to focus on all at once so I've condensed it as much as possible with improved ideas. {Edit}Keep in mind my examples are not the focus, the subject is.{/Edit}

Needed:

E.g. Ability:Celestial Serenade, 3 min cooldown. Converts up to 10 Solar or Lunar(Celestial) power per second into health for 12 sec. Each point is converted into 0.25% of max health.
*Useable without total eclipse, this effect will continue to convert power into health until it is 0 or duration has ended, meaning the druid can gain power for extra healing while under the effects of Serenade. Act's like an enrage, therefore dispelled the same way.

E.g. Casting roots or cyclone instantly in Balance spec makes more sense then Ferals doing it.
*Adding 2 seconds to the duration of cyclone {Edit}, or reducing its cast time by .5 seconds{/Edit} In balance spec would also be a good solution.

E.g. Moon Beam or Moon Ray, {Edit}2 second cast, 1.5 min Cd.{/Edit} Summon a beam of moonlight over an enemy target's location, stunning all enemies under the beam while it is active. Moon Ray lasts for 5 seconds.

E.g. Owlkin Rage, 2 min Cd. Increase haste and critical strike chance by 15% for 15 seconds.
*Act's like an enrage, therefore dispelled the same way.

Wanted:

E.g. Force of Arcane or Summon Centaur, 3 min Cd, instant cast.
Summons A Centaur to attack enemy targets with ranged attacks for 30 sec. You may only have Centaur or Treants active at one time.
*Lunar Eclipse should buff Centaurs power and Solar Eclipse should buff Treants power. Centaur uses a bow for ranged attacks.

E.g. When my set procs power before my wrath/starsurge/starfire/lunar shower is cast, it always gives me lunar.
When I cast starsurge before anything, it always gives me solar.
*I can't comment on opening with lunar shower(moonfire spam) as it is currently bugged.
-Allow Typhoon to break friendly snares on enemies.

E.g. of viable balance viability in Feral talent trees are:
Instant Roots, Cyclone, Hibernate, better Faerie Fire, Nature's Grasp, Thorns, and soothe.

Thanks for reading my thread I hope you like it.
Edited by Tehrealemcee on 9/9/2011 3:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
09/01/2011 12:08 PMPosted by Vesthis
Just give me instant roots and 5% more damage reduction in caster and moonkin form and I'll be happy.

This. Maybe I'm dumb but I still fail to see the logic in balance druids not having instant roots. It would solve MANY problems.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Do not change anything that would dramatically effect PvE. Adding more cooldowns is not the answer.

09/01/2011 12:08 PMPosted by Vesthis
Just give me instant roots and 5% more damage reduction in caster and moonkin form and I'll be happy.

Instant Roots that had more damage soaking (x3 or x4) would be just about perfect
Edited by Burlex on 9/1/2011 12:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I know next to nothing about moonkin play, as the playstyle never appealed to me at all. That being said though I do know quite a few boomkins, and I think the majority of those probably would work rather well without upsetting too much balance.

Boomkin dps in PVE environment, last I looked, was pretty on par. As long as some of those changes don't result in a drastic gain in dps that makes you guys get nerfed...again, it's probably fine.

I think the biggest complaints regarding moonkin PVP is the susceptability to lockout, pushback protections, and more effective CC or escape mechanisms. Those sort of things can be tweaked a bit to make boomkin more viable for pvp without unbalancing PVE considerations.

I seem to remember a lot of boomkins liking the starsurge stun when you had it, perhaps if that was brought back it might work as a start.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

I seem to remember a lot of boomkins liking the starsurge stun when you had it, perhaps if that was brought back it might work as a start.

We liked it, but it was viewed as OP. So it went goodbye.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Man i miss bal had to go feral....pfff waiting for that nerf also blizz listening to whiners.....i want 20% starsurge dmg back instant roots...that is all...honest just i want to be able to look at my talent tree and be say all three of my talents tree's are usuable in pvp not just Crappy PvSamefreaking enviromentceptdressedinfire.....man i miss boom..

The moon ray is not needed....our healing is fine...uhhh i would like for new summon and scale with mastery...and owlkin rage buff instead of 20% incr is acceptable but lol GL!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Man i miss bal had to go feral....pfff waiting for that nerf also blizz listening to whiners.....i want 20% starsurge dmg back instant roots...that is all...honest just i want to be able to look at my talent tree and be say all three of my talents tree's are usuable in pvp not just Crappy PvSamefreaking enviromentceptdressedinfire.....man i miss boom..

The moon ray is not needed....our healing is fine...uhhh i would like for new summon and scale with mastery...and owlkin rage buff instead of 20% incr is acceptable but lol GL!

Any buffs we get can only be to increase our survivability. Anything that results in a damage buff (a new summon) wouldn't be tolerated by anybody.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I really feel like a Ranged stun should be added, and the beam with a stun wouldn't be a bad idea
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I think a full time pet like Hunter's & warlock's have would benefit balance druid's the most. You wouldnt even have to change anything, pet just makes better sense imo.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Lol at instant roots, u guys have no idea how op that would be in arena
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
My idea of simple is this:

We are a ranged DPS class in Balance form, Hunters are ranged & have a pet, Warlocks are ranged & have a pet also. Why shouldnt balance druids have a pet to help with controlling mobs & taking agrro etc? this change would be an awesome game changer for balance spec.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I want a stun on starsurge. >.>
And Hibernate should work on humanoids too. >.> and it should not break with dots on it (life fears...)

and and and...

Have a CC that's not nature based. Everytime I get locked out, I have nothing in the arcane side of my ability to do jack to help with CCs.

Make my boomkin become a star-bomb launching everyone in 360 degree of me in a 10yard radius back 902385902835283750280382 million light years away and causing 9^9^9^9^9^9^9 direct lawlsurge damage...also exposing anyone in a 20 yard radius to become unstealthed and applying a DoT that does 8^8^8^8^8 lawlcane damage. and silencing anyone in a 30 yard radius till the end of time. NOT OP! :3
Edited by Saini on 9/1/2011 8:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
09/01/2011 07:56 PMPosted by Clandestin

not as op as instant stuns... and what about chains of ice? that is definitely an instant root for melee, yet for moonkin it's a big no no?

time to face the fact we're squishy and need a major buff.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
09/01/2011 07:56 PMPosted by Clandestin

This coming from a rogue.....
NOTSUREIFSRS.jpeg
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
It's sad that moonkins have so much potential going to waste, e.g. the second ability a druid gets in this game(thorns) has always remained the same...

it would be nice to have a stun that didn't require shape shifting, melee range, rage, and didn't miss, get dodged or parried.

IMO SPriest have it made compared to moonkins:
-self healing dot
-raid healing hardcast
-formidable absorb
-crowd control attached to half their harmful spells
-90% damage mitigation and immunity to crowd control
-ability to mount all in shadow form which is the exact same talent as moonkin form.

throw in REAL pvp ability's like:
-shadow word death
-mana burn
-psychic scream/horror
-mind control...

It makes me sick that my first and favorite class spec in the game is nothing but a bullseye in pvp.

p.s. fix typhoon already.
Edited by Tehrealemcee on 9/7/2011 8:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Your asking for to many things/viewed as OP Things

Keep it simple.. A proc for instant roots -- Like starsurge (Moonfire procs starsurge/IS Procs Instant roots with a higher chance tho)

Thorns Chance to stun?? nothing op like your asking for.. just a 10% chance when hit to stun and melee attacker for 2 seconds nothing big

Or even.. When Force of nature is used the Aoe procs instant roots in the circle radius Unbreakable/Dispellable for 4 seconds
Edited by Willowmakér on 9/7/2011 9:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
well Willowmakér, I see your point but some people would view those suggestion as op as well lol.

guess it's all ones perception.

I insist we have some way to stun at a distance instantly, but maybe the healing cd I suggested could be integrated into a pre existing ability like insect swarm.

Keep in mind examples I've provided are just for a better sense of what I'm suggesting, my focus is the topic stated before each example.
Edited by Tehrealemcee on 9/7/2011 4:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]