Guide on how to cancel yur WoW account.

85 Gnome Mage
I need one.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
But no seriously, where the hell is the "I don't want to play this game anymore" button? I've spent the last 15 minutes on battle.net and can't find it.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Under "Your Game Accounts" click "WoW Cataclysm" then on the next page to the right of the current WoW expansion you're on there's a Cancel Subscription button.
Edited by Lethargy on 9/1/2011 2:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/whereisitj.jpg/

O_o?
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
set up subscription, cancel, etc.

I've done it 20 times but !@#$'s like %^-*!@.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
http://i.imgur.com/wCfvF.jpg
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Yeah, there is no cancel button mine. ;_;

I guess Surprises is right and I need to set one up to cancel it? I'll try that I guess.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
You can try the direct URL I suppose. Assuming you're in the US region, it should look like this:

https://us.battle.net/account/management/wow/cancel-account.html?accountName=DINOKAZE&region=US

Of course, your account name can differ from your mage's name so just input the Account Name instead if that's the case.

It might not work though, battle.net may just redirect you to your home page after they prompt you to login.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
I tried that, it just redirected me to the WoW Cataclysm page. RAAAAAAGE.

Also, in the event no one got it, I'm quitting WoW. I haven't really had fun in the game in a long time and the only reason I've played this long is because of the people I play with. I was fortunate enough to be able to raid with friends who I had fun with and weren't terrible at the game. We were able to progress comfortably on a 2 day per week raid schedule. But the game itself hasn't been fun for me for quite a long time now. Also, not having played for over a month now then coming back one day to raid really solidified how painful it is to play anymore. I'll gladly migrate my time to another game soon eventually (probably SW:ToR) and have fun with my friends on there.

I've made a ton of friends on Maelstrom over the years, though most of which have quit long before now. The ones who are still playing that I've had the pleasure of goofing around with, I want to thank yu so much for everything and bid yu adieu.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Farewell Dinokaze. Your insistent use of "yu" aggravated the grammar police of this realm for many a year, no one will be able to fill the void you have left behind.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Good luck to yu.

(that $#%^@ yu thing drives me bonkers though, man)
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Good luck to yu.

(that $#%^@ yu thing drives me bonkers though, man)

YU drive me bonkers.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Oh. Yeah. I always said I would divulge the truth behind "yu" whenever I actually decided to leave WoW for good, so I guess I'll do that. Whenever someone asked, I normally mentioned that there was a reason behind it and I only told a handful of people (not that I cared, but I knew most people wouldn't believe it or some such.)

Either way, what happened was when I was 15 I sort of dated this girl (for reference, I'm 24 now as of Friday) and it was what yu would call "puppy love" I guess. We held hands and did the boyfriend/girlfriend thing that teenagers do. After being together for about two months she had to move to California. She had a single mom with two kids that she couldn't take care of on her own, so they moved to California with some family to make do. Unfortunately this also happened to be the year those really bad fires went through southern California and many people didn't make it. I didn't hear from her for a long time and finally got up the nerve to look around the internet and found a list of names of people that died in those fires. Sadly enough, her and a large portion of her family were on that list; and I was fairly depressed for quite a while.

Well, after she moved but before this happened, we talked on the internet, as living in the country like I did; the internet was the most reliable form of communication (**** dial-up). While we talked on the internet she found it cute that I mistyped "you" into "yu", so I did it all the time talking to her. After I found out what happened, I used it as sort of a tribute to her, one small thing that I could remember her by, and after doing it for so long it became habit. So whenever I play an online game where typing skills aren't of any importance, I'll type "yu", especially in a game like WoW where I had been doing it for years.

And that's pretty much it Maelstrom; the story of "yu". Many people have always wondered (or were just driven up the wall by it), though I'm not sure many of those people are still around, lol.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Jesus Christ after a night of wiping in a raid I read this.

e: The wildfires raging around my city make it topical, too.
Edited by Surprises on 9/5/2011 9:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Holy !@#$ that is a sad story.
Reply Quote
We'll miss you, Dino.

How about we walk out together?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
09/05/2011 10:04 PMPosted by Primrose
"yu"

;_;

i agree :(
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
We'll miss you, Dino.

How about we walk out together?

While my account doesn't actually end until October 2nd (I realized yu can't cancel a WoW account while a payment is pending >:( ), I'm not sure I'm logging on again since that would require me to copy over my 37 gig WoW folder, lol. If I do it would just be to transfer the guild to someone.

And... sorry. I didn't mean to be a downer on anyone's day or anything, lol.

Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Now I feel like a jerk. Feels bad, man.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]