Slash command to leave party

71 Troll Shaman
Hi Ui/Macro community!

I was wanting to make a macro to make leaving a party after its finished a bit easier, to thank everyone for their time and then leave.

I'm ok with using a /click [random bartender button with msg on it] to send the message, but I've been unable to find a /command to leave party.

I've tried /pquit /leaveparty etc but they dont work.

can anyone advise me of the correct command?

Thanks in advance!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
/script LeaveParty()
Reply Quote
71 Troll Shaman
<3 thanks very much!
Reply Quote
71 Troll Shaman
Another request,

if anyone can let me know a more upto date version of this macro to randomly say a message I would be most thankful!

/script s={"Phrase 1","Phrase 2","Phrase 3"};SendChatMessage(s[random(1,3)], "SAY")
Reply Quote
71 Troll Shaman
except for PARTY instead of SAY

Thanks again XD
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
/run SendChatMessage(GetRandomArgument("Phrase 1","Phrase 2","Phrase 3"),"PARTY")
Reply Quote
71 Troll Shaman
what I have so far is:

/run SendChatMessage(GetRandomArgument("Phrase 1","Phrase 2","Phrase 3"),"PARTY")
/script LeaveParty()

however I'm getting an error when I run the macro, it seems that it is trying to send the message after I've left the party. Any idea on how to correct this issue? Thanks again!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Macros are rull all at once. Meaning that the client probably does think you've already left the party before the chat text is given permission (you can't type in party if you're not in a party) to be sent to the party chat.

You'll need to delay the LeaveParty() line. Since it is not a secure command, you can use an addon like InDemand or SlashIn for this.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info8294-InDemandNowwithrpt.html
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info18054-SlashInin.html
Reply Quote
71 Troll Shaman
Tseerah, would using a /click command bypass these addons? For example:

/click (random bartender button)

(random bartender button)
/script LeaveParty()

wondering if the micro sec in between the click might allow the msg to be sent?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
You'd still be better off with a /in command from the SlashIn addon, where you delay by a set number of seconds. Putting it on a second button would probably produce variable results if it makes a difference at all.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Using the mod InDemand from wowinterface.com, I use the following macro;

/ind 2 /run LeaveParty()LFGTeleport(1)
/stopmacro [btn:1]
/bye [@none]
/p Thanks for the Group!

This macro, when right-clicked will wave goodbye to everyone, say "Thanks for the Group!" to my party, then leave the party and teleport out.

If left-clicked, it will simply leave the party and teleport out, handy if you're in a fail-pug.

There's a delay of 2 seconds to ensure that the emote and message get through.

If you still want the random messages, you can replace the /p line with your SendChatMessage() script.
Edited by Steelfistv on 9/2/2011 2:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
http://members.iinet.net.au/~houseofcards/dl/DawnLP_0100.zip
is what I use. Install mod. Use /LP to leave your party.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
http://members.iinet.net.au/~houseofcards/dl/DawnLP_0100.zip
is what I use. Install mod. Use /LP to leave your party.

Although I know iinet's safe (aussie! aussie! aussie!), you might want to upload this to curse or wowinterface.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]