frost mage pvp in 4.3....

85 Night Elf Druid
hello, first off, i would like to say i am not crying or anything. i just want pvp to be fun again and for certain comps not to wreck other comps just because of the classes they have. arena no longer requires skill it requires what comp you play. and as you have been aware for 2 expansions now frost mages are entirely too overpowered in arena. they have almost infinite cc, super damage, a stun (technically) that increases their damage by a TON that they can use avidly, way too much absorbs, and an immunity that they can use twice per arena that gets rid of all dots and bleeds yet still allows them to be healed. i understand you want them to be viable in pve as well but there needs to be some balance bc right now they are entirely too easy and completely ruin fun in pvp. I think it's about time they got hit with the nerf bat (hard) in 4.3. :D
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
no, in 4.3 mages are getting better self heals, they have the worst self heals in the game, at this point hunters are better than them when it come to self heals, so they are getting new and improved self heals
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
did blizzard say that? if so im done with pvp because thats totally ridiculous.
Reply Quote
5 Blood Elf Rogue
they are joking it would be beyond stupid to give mages another heal besides glyphed evo.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
09/04/2011 05:20 AMPosted by Tyllivan
they are joking it would be beyond stupid to give mages another heal besides glyphed evo.

he's lying they are changing enduring winter to give hp instead of mana they feel like mages should run out of mana faster and that they are 2 trainable
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Am I the only one that finds it amusing that a Feral posted this?
Reply Quote
09/04/2011 08:25 AMPosted by Ayani
I didn't so much find it amusing, as I found it not surprising in the slightest.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
09/04/2011 05:26 AMPosted by Meduse

he's lying they are changing enduring winter to give hp instead of mana they feel like mages should run out of mana faster and that they are 2 trainable

please tell me that your kidding...
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
09/04/2011 05:10 AMPosted by Ladoreian
for 2 expansions now frost mages are entirely too overpowered in arena.

wat.

Mages just need a nerf to our mastery, all other crying and QQing is honestly a L2P issue.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Nerf mastery slightly, bump deep up to a 45 second cd. With the lag associated with dispeling cold effects off yourself deep is very difficult to avoid, and a really strong ability in conjunction with spammable cc. Shouldn't be on such a short cd imo.

Other than that i don't think they are any more ridiculous than most cataclysm classes.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
09/04/2011 10:46 AMPosted by Stymic
bump deep up to a 45 second cd.

Or instead of doing something stupid like this (which would also nerf mage pve dps) just move impact down in the fire tree so it's unobtainable for frost (like it should be).
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
09/04/2011 08:25 AMPosted by Ayani

Ferals are the most OP class known to man ( DKs a close runner up) if you knew how to play, you would be good. Frost mages are a l2p issue.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
09/04/2011 11:07 AMPosted by Clovius
Ferals are the most OP class known to man ( DKs a close runner up) if you knew how to play, you would be good. Frost mages are a l2p issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyMXYE_50Ts
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
In before someone says Ghostcrawler plays a Mage.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Ghostcrawler plays a Mage.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest

wat.

Mages just need a nerf to our mastery, all other crying and QQing is honestly a L2P issue.

Moving impact further down the tree would be a good step too. It procs too often and gives frost mages way too many more spell interrupts.

09/04/2011 10:54 AMPosted by Xiun

Or instead of doing something stupid like this (which would also nerf mage pve dps) just move impact down in the fire tree so it's unobtainable for frost (like it should be).

Hah, didn't see this. Kudos.
Edited by Caelrie on 9/4/2011 12:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
09/04/2011 10:54 AMPosted by Xiun

no one cares about frost dmg in pve, go arcane and spam 1 to get to the top of the meter
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
09/04/2011 11:07 AMPosted by Clovius

lllllllllllllLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight

wat.

Mages are by no means insanely OP -- it's a feat to pull off being a good mage, that being said I think their opening is a bit retarded and counterspell in the slightest needs its distance shortened -- max range shutting down a healer is retarded.
Edited by Thaladius on 9/4/2011 12:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
There is nothing wrong with CS, our mastery just needs the boot.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]