A discussion of 10 man Firelands and 25 man.

85 Human Paladin
So, I am posting this to see what others think as well.
Coming from a High-Ranking 10 man guild i had a lot of experience doing 10 man heroics. Now that i have switched to 25 man i do notice MAJOR differences.

Let's go boss by boss:

Shannox- Not a major difference, in my experience i would actually say its harder on 10 man.

Beth'tilac- Much Much harder on 25 man from a healer point of view.

Ryho- A LOT Harder on 25 man, Huge healing difference from 10 man.

Alz- [Haven't tested 25]

Bale- [Haven't tested 25]

Domo- A lot harder on 25 man heroic. In 10 man its easier for the fact that you can just rotate around the circle rather then having set spots which in turn means higher dps and less people getting hit by leap. Also in 10 you don't have to do the spread strat to kill it.

Rag- From a tank healers point of view it seemed relatively the same. Haven't tested how different it is on heroic yet for obviously reasons, but i suspect 10 man is easier if you have the right comp, seeing as how there is a lower health pool for 10 and as long as you can master phase 2 its a kill.

Drop ideas/Comments/Experiences below.
Edited by Tarrick on 9/7/2011 9:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Heh - Tarrick was just mentioning his surprise last night at how different the 25 fights were, and since he's the only person on this server who's both done 6/7 heroic on 10s and is seeing fights on 25s, we thought others might want to hear the benefits of his experience!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
What Xen said! ^^
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Never came to the conclusion that your old high ranked 10 man guild had just better people in it than your current guild (no offense), and therefore, others healers helped you more/ppls were taking less stupid damage?

That old debate has been on for weeks, and people took what Paragon said like if 25 man was sooo much harder and 10 man were faceroll... but lets get the facts straight and see what they really said:

-The 4 first bosses are exactly the same on 10 and 25 and should be harder according to them
-Baleroc and Domo were easier on 10 man because he has way more HP on 25
-Rag felt easier on 10 to them (after 36 wipes on it, and 500+ on 25 man), once they figured the strat.

The week after (or 2 weeks after) this, Blizzard nerfed Baleroc 25 and Domo 25 HP, which was the problem according to Paragon..

So thats make 6/7 being the same on 10 and 25 in the end, Rag being the only one that is maybe easier on 10 man at this time, but who knows. Wiping 500 time on 25 man probably helped am I right? And now they nerfed both version (10 and 25), twice (longer timer to enrage couple weeks ago, and this week less HP).

So yeah, old debate is old.

0.02$
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Paragons 10 man rag was easier because of the comp they used, I wish my 10 man would have had 3 boomkins to kill p2 adds.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
09/07/2011 06:07 PMPosted by Aoewy
(no offense)

Saying something potentially offensive and putting "(no offense)" after it doesn't make it any less offensive <3

I was on board with the rest of your post until you made this statement

09/07/2011 06:07 PMPosted by Aoewy
So thats make 6/7 being the same on 10 and 25 in the end, Rag being the only one that is maybe easier on 10 man at this time, but who knows. Wiping 500 time on 25 man probably helped am I right?

So are you saying they're right, they're wrong, that they're only right about the first 6/7 and not right about Ragnaros, or something completely different (an if so what?) Just want to make sure.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
You know like me that even if I didnt say "no offense", someone would jump in. Whatever I say it or not, it would still end up the same way. So I prefered to go with the "no offense", cause in the end, I think its still the case; as it is for my own guild, otherwise we would be better than 3/7 heroic.

About Rag, its the only boss who havent been kill the first/second day of release, and according to them its the hardest boss ever. So on this one I wouldnt say anything, if they are right or not. I just know they spent 500+ wipes on 25, and Im pretty sure that if they worked on him on 10 man first, they would have pull !@#$ load of attempts too. 500? Maybe not, but definitly more than 36. But in the end I dont know, and would never... we dont all have the chance to have the perfect roster every fight, so its hard to tell. But from the video I saw, both 10 and 25 seems chaotic for all I know tbh.

Im just tired of all this 10/25 bullcrap that appear on every forum, specially cause most of the time it come from people who arent even close to the boss that were suppose to be harder on 25 (Baleroc/Domo), before the HP nerfs.
Edited by Aoewy on 9/7/2011 9:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Well from a healer standpoint is what i was getting at, different roles have different skill caps or difficulty levels.

One of the reason i've said the first few are harder on 25 is because 1: things hit harder. 2: There's much more clutter and it makes it harder to focus. 3: because there are so many more people its a greater chance for someone to make a mistake.

And again as for rag, 10 man by far is harder for 1 reason, The comps you have to use to be able to kill it. 10 mans usually don't have like 3 boomkins and 2 hunters just sitting there waiting for rag. Thus makes phase 2 a hellish experience.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Or dont even have one hunter...

fml
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
09/07/2011 02:59 PMPosted by Xenikos
Heh - Tarrick was just mentioning his surprise last night at how different the 25 fights were, and since he's the only person on this server who's both done 6/7 heroic on 10s and is seeing fights on 25s, we thought others might want to hear the benefits of his experience!

I'd like the opinion of someone who went 6/7h with a good 25m group, then switched to a 10m that was working on normal rag progress. Any of those around?

Alternatively, can I get an alt in an Outlandish raid and I'll help enlighten you guys. As a side note, these threads are sooo fun, but we should really start a pool on time this thread gets removed. 100g entry fee, closest prediction without going over gets pool!

As a side note, can we please discuss the relative difficulty of doing 25man raids with 7 legendary staves to a 10man raid with 1 staff?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]