Reigns ofthe Blue Drake (doubt I'm the first)

Reins of the Raven Lord: 1.8%... No big deal, I can go in and solo it.
Deathcharger's Reins: .8%... A little low, no big deal, I can solo it on my level 60.
Reins of the Bronze Drake: 100% with timed run... There's a reason it's called the ghetto drake.
Reins of the Blue Proto Drake: 1.6% Still soloable.
Reins of the Blue Drake: A whopping 6%... ONLY in a random LFG dungeon (which brings the rate down to .375% or so 6%/16 LK dungeons), OR an astonishinly low drop from Maly25 (as if anyone is willing to run that instance, not even guildies...), OR an astonishingly low drop from the goody bag which is only available to tanks and (somewhat rarely) healers. The same goody bags which has spawned an epidemic of fail tanks because a Plate DPS decides they want one, so they will queue tank without diddly for gear, no enchants, no gems and NO idea HOW to spec properly (but that is a rant for a different post...).
Reins of the Azure Drake: 1.7% drop on a raid that (again) is SO annoying, you can't PAY people to run it.
Reins of the Twilight and Black Drakes: 100% No problems getting people to pug that one for a chance at them.

Does Blizzard really NOT see a problem with these figures? And now if you want to run end game content, or, really, any raid, you can't lock down at 80 to farm this.

Now on to the suggested fix: Either make an 85 version of it (not necessary as well as difficult and time consuming) OR... (ready for this?) make the Cache of the Ley-Guardian 100% drop for anyone who WALKS into the instance. I know, isn't that an amazing idea? Simple as that. And the best part is, People still won't be able to solo it, due to the drake riding, so they'll HAVE to bring a few buddies...
Oh, and remember those Reigns of the Azure Drake mentioned above? Why not throw them in too, and make both 3% drop (splitting the drop rate from above), or even 1.8% like the Raven Lord?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
Rare mounts are rare.
What's the point of making them 100%?
Reply Quote
60 Human Warrior
Better start tanking some random heroics
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I already have it. Yay!
Reply Quote
I never said make it 100%... please read the entire post.
Also, what about my priest, my mage, my hunter... none are tanks, and only one is a healer.
Edited by Xotica on 9/8/2011 9:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Warlock
Blue drake drops on 10 (Azure too)... not just 25 You can 2 man it and it drops fairly often I've seen 2 drop so far not really frequently farming it

Also:
Rare mounts are rare.
Edited by Tinkerdinger on 9/8/2011 9:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Call to arms satchel is BoA, meaning you can send it to another character of yours. and tanks have CTA up the most often, almost all the time.

Now if you want a blue drake for each of them... that could be a problem.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Blue drake drops on 10 (Azure too)... not just 25 You can 2 man it and it drops fairly often I've seen 2 drop so far not really frequently farming it

Also:
Rare mounts are rare.

Wait a minute, Azure drops on 10? I thought that was 25s only.
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Warlock

Also:

Wait a minute, Azure drops on 10? I thought that was 25s only.

It was changed back when the Blue started dropping in Occulus i believe, and when they put the blue back into 10 they kept azure there too

(Unless it was changed back within the last few months. I know of 2 people to get it on 10 in cata)
Edited by Tinkerdinger on 9/8/2011 9:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
aus
Rare mount is rare.

Funnily enough I have it on two alts via occulus randoms.

Their is a "solo" method of farming if your hungry enough. Make a 85 tank and start running CTA.
Reply Quote
@Hopopotamus: this just happened to be the toon name that was up, my pali doesn't have flight form, and this one won't be realm xfering to my main's realm. Also a why... Achievement points for leading the cavalry, etc. So, why so abusive?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Ive got it sitting in my bank, cause Im too cheap to buy epic flying for a toon I dont play. My gf has gotten it from the raid and in a bag, on the same toon, cant be that hard to get.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
posts like this are a direct result of children who grew up playing sports where scores were not kept
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
As soon as I get a rare mount, I'm over it, the only rare mount I would ride past the next couple days if Mim's head.

Everything else, I want it so bad, I get it, and I'm like, K! then move on. (this isn't my mount toon~)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
09/08/2011 11:45 PMPosted by Hopopotamus
@Hopopotamus: this just happened to be the toon name that was up, my pali doesn't have flight form, and this one won't be realm xfering to my main's realm. Also a why... Achievement points for leading the cavalry, etc. So, why so abusive?

Because you're making a big deal over vanity mounts that have no added functionality and have zero effect on how to play the game. The droprates are low so that you'll spend more time, and more importantly, more money on keeping your account active in search of these worthless mounts that you assign an arbitrary amount of worth to. I

t's a marketing scheme, its the reason everything in this game isn't a guaranteed drop the first time you kill something - so you'll keep playing and paying.

Because you see no value in vanity items doesn't mean other people should subscribe to your beliefs. Guess what, whatever you assign worth to in this game is also arbitrary and in the end, absolutely worthless.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]