(A) Thunderbrew Guard, casual, active guild

90 Night Elf Death Knight
Who we are:

Thunderbrew Guard, is a level 25 guild established in 2006 and still going strong.

We are an Alliance guild on the Steamwheedle Cartel US server with the sole purpose of providing a light, fun, and helpful atmosphere in which to game. The majority of our members are working adults and we understand that Real Life comes first. We are not just another guild... we are a community of friends and consider TBG an in-game family.

Thunderbrew Guard is not a hardcore end-game guild. We stick together for fun and friendship, not for phat lewt. We're not specifically a raiding guild, or a PvP guild, or an RP guild, but we do a little bit of everything with a casual mindset and schedule, exploring all the game has to offer.

Most of our activities are focused on max level content but there are always alts being leveled to keep anyone of lower level company. We do ask that you be at least level 30 before applying just so we know you are interested in progressing your character.

We have quite a few folks that have been playing since the early "classic" days of WoW and remember good times crawling through dungeons and doing insane stuff just for the heck of it. If you want a home where people don't mind spending more than 10 minutes in a dungeon, where people are genuinely interested in helping each other out, where folks don't mind trying a tactic or a boss that might be crazy just to see how far they get, and where you don't have to deal with BiS, DPS races, DKP or diva attitudes, we just might be an excellent fit for you!

Class, and spec do not matter. You are free to play as you wish, but we can certainly help with questions on specs/builds/techniques. Most of us have numerous alts at different levels, so levelers & altoholics are welcome with us!

We do ask that you be a fairly active player... most of us play 3-6 nights a week and we like to see and do stuff with our guildies! We totally understand if real life stuff comes up though. :)

Since we are on a RP server, we classify ourselves as light RP. Several of our members do have personalities and back stories for their characters, and they'll slip in and out of persona in guild chat (which is OOC) for humorous effect. We don't take it very seriously, but we also respect those who are more dedicated to their RP. Guild chat is generally rated PG... we're fun-loving adults but we like to keep it classy.

tl;dr
If a casual fun guild that is much more than a chat room but not a full time job interests you, please apply at our website:

http://thunderbrewguard.guildlaunch.com

Officers:
GM: Gillyy
Djeserit, Ilimyn, Xivander, Afarin
Edited by Vadness on 12/10/2012 10:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Any chance y'all would sponsor a roleplay event for Brewfest?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I feel it my duty to warn any prospective applicants that, like any family, this one has a bad seed. A black sheep if you will.

An evil creature of unspeakable carnage and cookies.

A pint sized, pink haired terror that is as likely to steal your soul as he is to help you.

If you don't mind an evil warlock, then this is a good place to be.

Oh also, our other lock is a biker chick with a speech impediment.

What is it with the fel magics and the odd behaviour?

Also as an update, Chrth decided that he needed to turn his back on the dwarven people. For some reason we are still allowing him to keep his position of authority, but you will find him under the most magnificent and terror inducing name of..... Kyrthae.

(yes, this is a blatant bump, which still conforms to the forum guidelines).
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Thunderbrew Guard: Now with more female dwarf!

Reply Quote
Bump!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
They're a great group of people! and they have female dwarfs!
Reply Quote
Still looking for friendly casual people to join us for fun and adventure.
Reply Quote
All right, all right, you win. I've gone and joined ya. But I'm still waiting to see them Dwarven wimmin that was promised earlier in the thread!
Reply Quote
Bump for justice, because people are bumping the older thread.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yay for us!
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Warrior
I am happy to see that there is a guild that manages to do most of the content and still have fun. My guild used to be like that but has shifted towards an elitist young men's club. I would apply now, but I am not active enough at the moment, so I may look you up when MOP comes out.

For obvious reasons, I am not posting with a guided toon. Good luck to you all!
Reply Quote
No worries Vavavoom. Things are bit slow all around Azeroth these days, we wouldn't mind if you only make cameo appearances.
Reply Quote

For obvious reasons, I am not posting with a guided toon. Good luck to you all!

Worth noting that:

• the "ignore this user" button ignores all toons associated with that user
  • this processing happens client side (in your browser)
  • in order to make this happen, there's a unique forum ID associated with *all* of your toons
  • pressing "ignore" on your toon and tabbing through other threads that are recently active makes your posts in those other threads disappear
  • If you're too lazy to do that, there's a browser addon that does it for you and tells me what your secret guilded alt is.

I'm not going to tell, but there are plenty of other people in this forum who use the same addon, and since you've posted recently with a guilded alt, it's not hard to tell who that is.

Basically: if you ever post in these forums with your main, you can no longer hide behind alts.
Edited by Skjaldr on 5/13/2012 9:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
My turn. Bump!
Reply Quote
Bump for mature casual folks looking for a good home.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
TBG is awesome, even if Chrth is no longer an officer.
Reply Quote
Bump for casual players taking out Deathwing :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
would love to join you guys , Been away for a few months , but the whole application to play a video game thing ...

yeah not my cup of tea.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Why would that deter you from joining them? I'm not railing on you, but the concept. I have this come up from time to time with people looking at Maniacal for raid progression.

An online application takes all of 2-5 minutes to fill out and is not only a useful way for a guild to feel confident some random guy isn't a mouth-frothing nutcase that'll hurt their image, abuse their members, try to rip off their bank, or drown their guildmates with "lol wat u guyz doin 2nite?", but is also another final check for the prospective member to get a feel for the guild and decide if they like what they see or not before committing to membership.

I mean, the alternative is to pick up any random guy from Trade who's looking for a guild and could bring in any number of possible problems, including but not limited to:

-Questionable interest level, expecting instant gratification
-Bad attitude, bad history, bad behavior
-General level of immaturity not fitting the guild
-Chronic kitten beater
-Rodeo clowns

It's not an "application to play a video game," really. It's a social and personal effort on your part and those of the people who would call you friend and brother to show each other you have the attention span and are willing to put a smidgen of effort into earning a spot before soaking up raid slots, resources, and people investing their time into knowing you.

Thunderbrew Guard has been around a very long time and they deserve to have a good, healthy roster of people who care about each other to keep them going. By all means, if you are truly interested in them offering you a home, you'd be doing yourself huge a favor by doing a simple application.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I dunno , it's kind of like i'm filling out a job application to be able to relax and have fun .

I do see you're point though .
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]