How do you change region?

(Locked)

90 Undead Warlock
My boyfriend currently lives in the United kingdom, and I'm in the United states. He got the game so we could play together, but he can't figure out how to change regions from European to the United states. Can anyone tell me how to do this so he can play the game with me?
85 Night Elf Druid
This is from the Blizzard Support page regarding regional restrictions.

The game software and authentication key are restricted by regional release. If you have acquired the Starter Edition, the authentication key will only upgrade an account in the same regional release. For example, if you have the European version of the game, you may use it to upgrade a European account, but it would not work to upgrade a North American account.

At this time it is not possible to transfer an account from one regional release to another.
MVP - Customer Support
90 Tauren Druid
Roraks just answered a similar question here:

09/10/2011 04:49 PMPosted by Roraks
how do you change from united states to europe server ?
There is currently no method to transfer a character or account between regions, Falesh. If you wish to play in another region, you will need to create a new World of Warcraft account for that region.

Should this ever change, we will announce it on our main community page.

Now, that being said, if it was a very recent purchase, you should contact Billing - it is possible for them to exchange or refund the keys.
"Real men (and tauren) wear kilts" -- Pahanda
Edited by Pahanda on 9/10/2011 5:04 PM PDT
21 Troll Hunter
I was in the lothar realm but by mistake clicked on arathor realm ,I'm having some kind of difficulty in changing back to lothar realm,so how do you change back to lothar?
90 Blood Elf Priest
07/10/2012 06:03 AMPosted by Gaurav
I was in the lothar realm but by mistake clicked on arathor realm ,I'm having some kind of difficulty in changing back to lothar realm,so how do you change back to lothar?
First off, don't derail another thread with something not related to the original topic. Secondly, don't necro bump a long dead thread. Thirdly, when you are on your character select screen, at the top it says "Change Realm". Use that button and select the realm you wish to be on.
Edited by Flatspriest on 7/10/2012 6:06 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]